collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180796 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2020, 04:46:59 PM »
Trump has now reversed course and said he’s fine with masks and carries one to wear in groups. Better late than never I guess

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2020, 06:44:33 PM »
Trump has now reversed course and said he’s fine with masks and carries one to wear in groups. Better late than never I guess

My wife noticed that yesterday.  I was really excited to hear it.  And then I read his tweet she had heard about second hand and literally facepalmed.  Hopefully the "good" of masks keeps getting spread.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1285299379746811915

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2020, 07:10:39 PM »
Trump doesn't wear a mask. He lies, and lies, and lies. He has others lie for him, about him. He will say whatever is convenient at the time.

He has worn a mask once, at Walter Reed. That's it.

Last night, at the Trump Hotel fundraiser, Trump wore no mask, had no social distance.

He will publicly say he is not anti-mask. He will say publicly that there is nothing wrong with masks. He will say publicly that he looks good in masks, like the lone ranger. He will say publicly that there is a time and place to wear a mask.

He will very rarely wear one moving forward, only when it is of the utmost important of situations, for a brief time.

The President of the United States, and the Vice President of the United States don't wear masks, not to protect others, not to set a good example for others. He doesn't wear one because 1) Vanity. 2) To him it is a symbol of losing and weakness.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2020, 07:18:43 PM »
NC governor Roy Cooper:

“For those who continue to defy basic decency and common sense because they refuse to wear a mask — either wear one or don’t go in the store. The refusal to wear a mask is selfish. It infringes on the life and liberty of everyone else in the store.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2020, 07:32:25 AM »
Write on, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2020, 11:39:37 AM »
I was going to ask "can someone play a lawyer and explain why people say 'being forced to wear a mask is unconstitutional!' from a legal perspective?"

Then I googled it:

https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2020/can-the-government-legally-force-you-to-wear-a-mask/#

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »
I have read comments in some of my legal groups ( this not being my area) that ADA does not require stores to allow a maskless person claiming a disability in, if they provide alternative accomodation , ie offering to shop for the person and deliver to their car, for example. They do not have to accommodate the person in the exact way requested.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2020, 03:32:36 PM »

Might want to re-think this one.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »
I'm no longer surprised by the abject stupidity but it's still infuriating.

For me, it's less about the tribe and tribalists (who are very important don't get me wrong).....but more about the people who intentionally prey upon the fears already existing within the tribe. This lady in Springfield, MO is suing about masks. A woman mentioned her son has cancer and asked if people would wear masks. The response: It's not my responsibility your son has cancer.

https://twitter.com/AishaS/status/1286743719606128646?s=19

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2020, 09:55:10 AM »
For me, it's less about the tribe and tribalists (who are very important don't get me wrong).....but more about the people who intentionally prey upon the fears already existing within the tribe. This lady in Springfield, MO is suing about masks. A woman mentioned her son has cancer and asked if people would wear masks. The response: It's not my responsibility your son has cancer.

https://twitter.com/AishaS/status/1286743719606128646?s=19

Yep. It's not just a lack of intelligence and common sense. The completely lack of empathy and pure selfishness is just as disturbing.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2020, 10:59:27 AM »
Yep. It's not just a lack of intelligence and common sense. The completely lack of empathy and pure selfishness is just as disturbing.

The lack of shared identity among Americans is why I don't see how America comes back from this ('this' is broadly construed to the pandemic, racial tensions, this presidency, this political environment).

Incidentally, I think it's part of why other nations have fared better, in addition to competent leadership.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2020, 11:43:19 AM »
'What if I don't comply?' Indiana Republican lawmaker posts a photo of a .45-caliber handgun in response to GOP governor's mask order
https://news.yahoo.com/dont-comply-indiana-republican-lawmaker-165928594.html
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2020, 12:10:01 PM »
'What if I don't comply?' Indiana Republican lawmaker posts a photo of a .45-caliber handgun in response to GOP governor's mask order
https://news.yahoo.com/dont-comply-indiana-republican-lawmaker-165928594.html

Guy is just the typical gun nut. He is unable to get the rush from blowing someone away, so he try to kill people another way.

He can quote the entire U.S. Constitution: "Blah, Blah, Blah, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, Blah, Blah, Blah".

He should be arrested on terrorism charges.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2020, 12:15:46 PM »
Republicans are already saying they are going to court to stop this. Yes, the pro-lifers are going to court for the right to kill people. Would they be doing that if the order only covered pregnant women? I think not.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2020, 02:13:09 PM »
The lack of shared identity among Americans is why I don't see how America comes back from this ('this' is broadly construed to the pandemic, racial tensions, this presidency, this political environment).

Incidentally, I think it's part of why other nations have fared better, in addition to competent leadership.

Good post, albeit sad.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2020, 08:41:30 PM »
Was in Door County for the day, all businesses required masks inside. Makes sense but still was somewhat surprised to see.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2020, 08:44:27 PM »

This is an interesting question to be probed, no doubt.  I think though, that  there is a concept of "shared identity" in the US .. it's just that it's now two identities, split by party, struggling to live in one reality.

I do think the 2H of 2020 will be titled "The Comeuppening."

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2020, 09:46:42 PM »
Was in Door County for the day, all businesses required masks inside. Makes sense but still was somewhat surprised to see.

Y were you surprised to see that?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2020, 10:01:41 PM »
I do think the 2H of 2020 will be titled "The Comeuppening."

Please expound on this. I'm intrigued.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2020, 10:01:54 PM »

Agreed. It’s sad, but too many Americans identify with the country, but not the other people in it.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2020, 10:55:55 PM »
This is an interesting question to be probed, no doubt.  I think though, that  there is a concept of "shared identity" in the US .. it's just that it's now two identities, split by party, struggling to live in one reality.

Well, it’s kind of difficult to find common ground when one of the two major political parties has gone so far off the rails as trying to peddle agendas like letting non violent criminals out of prison, defunding the police, The Green New Deal, Medicare For All, etc., etc.   How can you live in reality with that level of stupid and/or dangerous platforms being pushed?!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:57:27 PM by HutchwasClutch »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2020, 11:03:15 PM »
Well, it’s kind of difficult to find common ground when one of the two major political parties has gone so far off the rails as trying to peddle agendas like letting non violent criminals out of prison, defunding the police, The Green New Deal, Medicare For All, etc., etc.   How can you live in reality with that level of stupid and/or dangerous platforms being pushed?!

Ahh yes. Conservatives, the definition of reason and steady. Just look at our president.

Lol.

What’s hilarious is those radical, terrifying, insane, completely impossible, off the rails agendas work in many other parts of the world. But the “greatest nation in the world” can’t figure it out. So instead they’re only whack job ideas that could never be reality.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:08:50 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter