[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180600 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2020, 03:14:36 PM »
https://publichealthmdc.com/documents/2020-07-07_Order_8.pdf

I guess public officials agree there should be exceptions.

So now we're ignoring the science?
Look, just because public officials are allowing for exceptions doesn't mean there are, in fact, medical conditions that prevent mask wearing. I'll stand with the doctors who say there are virtually none. And by my remark that anyone who claims a medical condition prevents him/her from wearing a mask is almost certainly lying.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2020, 03:16:00 PM »
So now we're ignoring the science?
Look, just because public officials are allowing for exceptions doesn't mean there are, in fact, medical conditions that prevent mask wearing. I'll stand with the doctors who say there are virtually none. And by my remark that anyone who claims a medical condition prevents him/her from wearing a mask is almost certainly lying.

Thanks.  I'm not saying that people shouldn't wear masks.  Merely stating that for a very select few people it isn't an option to wear one.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2020, 03:25:41 PM »
Thanks.  I'm not saying that people shouldn't wear masks.  Merely stating that for a very select few people it isn't an option to wear one.

Then we agree. If someone claims they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they're almost certainly lying.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2020, 03:42:57 PM »
Then we agree. If someone claims they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they're almost certainly lying.

Thanks for the qualifiers  ;)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2020, 04:00:30 PM »
Those who claim they can't wear a mask because of a medical condition are almost certainly lying.

"There are no known medical conditions aside from a severe skin condition [like a very severe burn that needs medical attention] on your face that would prevent a person from wearing this type of mask,” David Kaufman, MD, pulmonologist and director of the medical ICU at Tisch Hospital, tells Health. “If you can wear a scarf to keep your face warm in the winter, you can wear a mask to prevent the spread of disease.”

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/can-you-be-medically-exempt-from-wearing-a-face-mask

I found out this week a co-worker in our other Connecticut facility apparently terribly bloodied himself good while shaving and spent the day wearing the mask at work.  He came down with an infection on his face that required antibiotics.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2020, 04:14:29 PM »
I found out this week a co-worker in our other Connecticut facility apparently terribly bloodied himself good while shaving and spent the day wearing the mask at work.  He came down with an infection on his face that required antibiotics.

Maybe he should have put a mask on his wound.  I think they are commonly known as Band-Aids. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2020, 04:17:14 PM »

Did he wear a band aid? Did he put antibiotic lotion on his terrible cut? Did he clean his mask or put on a new/clean one?
Unless he did these things, the fault is his, not the mask's. Being dumb is not a medical condition.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2020, 04:18:44 PM »
Thanks for the qualifiers  ;)

You're welcome. I wrote the exact same thing in the earlier post.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2020, 05:14:18 PM »
Being dumb is not a medical condition.

Yes, but I'm hopeful some day we'll have a vaccine for that!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2020, 07:11:59 PM »
Saw an interview of a group down in Florida protesting masks saying "my body my right" I don't think they picked up on the hilarious irony

Yes, I noticed all those people marching recently protesting seatbelts.

Yes, I know you were referring to abortion.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2020, 08:31:01 PM »
San Diego, California (Stay Classy)

Denied service at Starbucks, a pelvic exam, a chiropractor, $100,000, education and dancing.....if you had all that on today's segment of wear a mask, you are in luck:

https://www.fox4now.com/news/national/woman-who-refused-to-wear-mask-wants-half-of-100k-donated-to-starbucks-barista

Cfollow

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2020, 09:36:58 PM »
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/commentary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data

By all means wear a mask every second you leave the house.

1) from Apr 1!
2) "perspective", "commentary" - not science
3) actually science, published 3 months later: https://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php
4) but since you seem to respect Dr Brosseau, here's some of her more recent commentary: https://www.boston25news.com/news/health/aerosol-covid-19-transmission-could-impact-reopenings/S2ZPLRHDKNA3ZH5XRWIQRMAC2A/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:39:05 PM by rocky_warrior »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »
1) from Apr 1!
2) "perspective", "commentary" - not science
3) actually science, published 3 months later: https://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php
4) but since you seem to respect Dr Brosseau, here's some of her more recent commentary: https://www.boston25news.com/news/health/aerosol-covid-19-transmission-could-impact-reopenings/S2ZPLRHDKNA3ZH5XRWIQRMAC2A/

Hold up, Cfollow is a scientist.  Let's allow him to explain himself.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2020, 10:55:14 PM »
Hold up, Cfollow is a scientist.  Let's allow him to explain himself.

Actually, I think it was his dad who was a scientist.  ;D ;D

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2020, 11:16:23 PM »
Well if Amber had a fibroid in 2015 large enough to cause a breathing problem, one presumes it would have been taken care of by now. 
I can't speak to asthma, but certainly mask acne would not qualify for a medical exemption. 
And a chiropractor writes a handwritten note that says contact me if you have any questions, but then won't actually answer any questions? Then why did he say to contact him? 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2020, 05:25:49 AM »
Did he wear a band aid? Did he put antibiotic lotion on his terrible cut? Did he clean his mask or put on a new/clean one?
Unless he did these things, the fault is his, not the mask's. Being dumb is not a medical condition.

Pak,
I totally agree.  He is supposed to be visiting my location this week and we already collectively decided to break his stones about it because it never should have happened.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2020, 07:43:59 AM »
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:18:51 AM by shoothoops »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2020, 07:58:53 AM »
Kemp is waiting for Trump’s demeanor to change in a press conference again. Or perhaps he still doesn’t actually realize that it is spread person-to-person. Or he just wants to kill his own constituents. Who knows.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2020, 08:06:16 AM »
Georgia Governor Brian Kemp bans masks in 15 local Georgua governments:

https://apnews.com/71bc07efaebc1b2d3b9aaf9bdc795d5d?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard.  FFS.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2020, 09:13:23 AM »

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »

If Georgia was its own country (no pun intended!),  at 77.7 years life expectancy it would rank 60th in the world with neighbors Thailand, Ecuador,  Colombia, and Bosnia.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »

Obviously you have never heard of a guy named trump. Mainlining bleach ring a bell?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2020, 10:02:23 AM »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »
He is an idiot but let's not just post he banned masks.  What he did is void / ban the mandatory order and then tepidly said he encouraged people to wear them.   

Georgia’s Gov. Brian Kemp is explicitly banning Georgia’s cities and counties from ordering people to wear masks in public places. He voided orders on Wednesday that at least 15 local governments across the state had adopted even though Kemp had earlier said cities and counties had no power to order masks.

An increasing number of other states order residents to wear masks in public, including Alabama, which announced such a ban Wednesday.

The Republican governor has instead been trying to encourage voluntary mask wearing, including telling fans that reduced infections from mask-wearing would make college football season possible.

Kemp’s move is likely to infuriate local officials in communities that had acted, including Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, Rome and the governor’s hometown of Athens-Clarke County. Overall, mask orders by Wednesday were covering 1.4 million of Georgia’s more than 10 million residents.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

feedback