[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:16:57 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Patrick Ewing announces he has tested positive for COVID-19  (Read 20266 times)

Not A Serious Person

• All American
Patrick Ewing announces he has tested positive for COVID-19
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/georgetown-coach-and-nba-legend-patrick-ewing-announces-he-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19/

@CoachEwing33
I want to share that I have tested positive for COVID-19. This virus is serious and should not be taken lightly. I want to encourage everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
6:47 PM - May 22, 2020

--------

Get well soon!!
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Patrick Ewing announces he has tested positive for COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 07:03:16 PM »
Covid Bar.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 07:05:49 PM »
Yeah no kidding. Already posted in the correct topic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 07:30:14 PM »
Considering it’s a Big East coach and something like this could affect whether we have sports this year, I’d say this is appropriate for this forum.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 07:40:01 PM »
Considering it’s a Big East coach and something like this could affect whether we have sports this year, I’d say this is appropriate for this forum.

Patrick Ewing being positive for COVID in May is going to affect whether the Big East has basketball in November? LOL.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 07:54:32 PM »
Patrick Ewing being positive for COVID in May is going to affect whether the Big East has basketball in November? LOL.

No, but if more coaches get it...

How can a coach social distance?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 07:58:19 PM »
Good luck, coach.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 08:00:17 PM »

Has Ewing been practicing proper social distancing?  If not, does this mean the assistant coaches, players, Georgetown administration, and/or athletic department staff all at risk?  Did he get it from one of them?

While other teams are trying to get into shape to start to play in November, does Georgetown spend the summer in lockdown?

So, yes it can very much affect Big East play this November.  To be determined if it will.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:02:36 PM by Heisenberg v2.0 »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 08:01:00 PM »
No, but if more coaches get it...

How can a coach social distance?

If more coaches get it in September orOctober it will have nothing to do with Patrick Ewing being positive in May.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 08:01:25 PM »
You’re kidding right?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 08:03:51 PM »
Has Ewing been practicing proper social distancing?  If not, does this mean the assistant coaches, players, Georgetown administration, and/or athletic department staff all at risk?  Did he get it from one fo them?

While other teams are trying to get into shape to start to play in November, does Georgetown spend the summer in lockdown?

So, yes it can very much affect Big East play this November.  To be determined if it will.

Absurd.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 08:04:32 PM »
Has Ewing been practicing proper social distancing?  If not, does this mean the assistant coaches, players, Georgetown administration, and/or athletic department staff all at risk?  Did he get it from one of them?

It doesn’t take Patrick Ewing getting covid to know that social distancing in sports is going to be impossible. Unless you thought defenders needed to stay 6 feet off their man at all times.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 08:37:25 PM »
You’re kidding right?

I’m talking about coaches getting it and the concern it will raise, particularly as we get close to the season. Man, Logic must not be required at MU anymore. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 09:01:19 PM »
Jeez some people here are nuts

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 09:34:58 PM »

They have like four guys on the team. I think they’ll be fine.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 10:31:25 PM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muguru

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 10:43:38 PM »
In my years on this earth I have never seen anything that's brought out the paranoia and weird in people the way this pandemic has. Just...bizarre, really.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2020, 12:35:05 AM »
In my years on this earth I have never seen anything that's brought out the paranoia and weird in people the way this pandemic has. Just...bizarre, really.

In your years on this earth (how many earths have you been on?)  there has never been a pandemic this deadly.  FACT.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2020, 06:41:02 AM »
Coach Ewing has had a rough stretch of events lately. Been ripped publicly by former teammates , all the transfers and his house got robbed. Hope he comes out of Covid healthy .

https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/georgetown-coach-knicks-legend-patrick-ewing-has-coronavirus/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2020, 06:44:00 AM »

Miss the Cold War, did yeah?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 06:47:42 AM »
Coach Ewing has had a rough stretch of events lately. Been ripped publicly by former teammates , all the transfers and his house got robbed. Hope he comes out of Covid healthy .

https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/georgetown-coach-knicks-legend-patrick-ewing-has-coronavirus/

Plus a whole new generation has gotten to see highlights of MJ and Pippen dunking on his a$$.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 06:48:56 AM »

Hold on...you are out here preaching calm?  That everyone should keep things in perspective?

Now THAT'S bizarre.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2020, 07:04:46 AM »
In your years on this earth (how many earths have you been on?)  there has never been a pandemic this deadly.  FACT.

crap, how do you know he's not 100. Are you big brothering us?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 07:28:31 AM »

You are correct, but I am old enough to remember the fear our parents had every summer when there were polio outbreaks. Not as deadly, but if you survived you could spend the rest of your life in an iron long or be severely crippled. I know, I had to friends that contracted the disease. The worse outbreak was in 1952 when there were nearly 58000 cases. Some towns were quarantined but the entire country was not shut down.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 07:32:20 AM »
crap, how do you know he's not 100. Are you big brothering us?

Friend lady, Chinese M.D. in Flushing NYC says, "this happens every 100 years".
She no longer puts patients in nursing homes or hospitals.
She lost 30 of 32 patients, her friend lost over 100.  Enjoy your holiday, boat parties, horseshoe bars and massages.  Isn't it great being a free American, live it up, why not?

feedback