[Today at 06:01:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by willie warrior
[Today at 05:36:43 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bailey declares for draft  (Read 82037 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Bailey declares for draft
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2020, 05:13:51 PM »
College basketball is a game of “next man up,” period.

Not convinced here we dont have more talent than most posters think. I’m of the view that Dawson will be really good from the outset. Here’s hoping a backcourt of Koby and Carton getting a waiver plus Theo and perhaps Justin or Oso and well be just fine.

It may not even be the talent factor. I loved watching Markus play. However, a team that becomes dependent on one player is going to have a hard time against strong competition. A less talented team could have better results, if they are more balanced.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »
Oh, okay.  What I also know is that we went 8-10 in conference with a first team All American, and lost 6 of our last 7 games.  Again.

Doesn't this get tiring for you, having to defend Wojo's mediocrity?  I've seen you rightfully criticize leaders in other places on this website.  Six years in, don't you think we can draw some conclusions?
It sure does. However, what I think is ironic is posters are excited about Carton and Perez, who stopped playing with their prior teams the last third of last season. This does not give me confidence that there will not be another melt down, when they become eligible.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2020, 05:23:03 PM »
It sure does. However, what I think is ironic is posters are excited about Carton and Perez, who stopped playing with their prior teams the last third of last season. This does not give me confidence that there will not be another melt down, when they become eligible.

I get what you're saying, and I don't disagree.  But I imagine we'd both agree that those two guys deserve a chance to prove themselves.  I am worried about Wojo though.  He's shown that he can't stop a locker room mutiny and let it destroy inarguably the best season of his HC career.  I hope he's able to figure out how to fit all the pieces together this time.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2020, 05:30:46 PM »
It may not even be the talent factor. I loved watching Markus play. However, a team that becomes dependent on one player is going to have a hard time against strong competition. A less talented team could have better results, if they are more balanced.
This has to be one of the most No-Jo post ever.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2020, 06:18:40 PM »
Lol.  None of that is what you were discussing in the post I responded to.  So I guess I'll apologize for not anticipating you would go off the rails and addressing things you hadn't said yet when responding to your post?

Based on your way of "ranking" Wojo's teams (which is what you were discussing, which teams of his were better than other teams of his), Henry Ellenson's year would've been better than Wojo's first NCAA Tournament team or his NIT team.  Now that is a WILD way of ranking his teams, but hey, you do you, bud.

Fact is, 2019-2020 was better in KenPom/NET than 2018-2019, so that being worse last year than the year we had 2 letter writers and 0 help from Bailey in replacing them just doesn't ring true.

I'll let you continue to go on about Wojo's coaching ability, none of which is what I replied to.

Simple two questions:

1) Has Wojo met your expectations?

2) What grade would you assign Wojo?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2020, 06:23:42 PM »
i'm wondering if, or how much of a season we are going to have this year.  i think with BB's dad's connections, they feel he has a better chance to develop his game for the next level.  i am not saying he's necessarily going to be successful at the next level.  i wish hi all the good fortunes, but he's got a lot of work to do. 

also not a big vote of confidence for wojo's ability to develop small forwards like say, guys like buzz.

I was thinking this too rocket.  If the year is uncertain, and you ate targeting one more year in college, move somewhere where you can make better progress. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2020, 06:27:52 PM »
Simple two questions:

I can answer this for Wade's...because it's easy..

1. More than met my expectations, yes

2. A- I think he's done a good job during his time at MU.

8-)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2020, 07:03:28 PM »
Simple two questions:

No. C.

Now my question. What do those things have to do with what I said?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2020, 07:54:10 PM »
I can answer this for Wade's...because it's easy..

1. More than met my expectations, yes

2. A- I think he's done a good job during his time at MU.

8-)
This answer was precipitated by a large LSD dose.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
This answer was precipitated by a large LSD dose.

You do realize I was answering that in the way I anticipated wades would answer it, right?? those are NOT my feelings on him.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #360 on: May 23, 2020, 08:21:19 PM »
No. C.

Now my question. What do those things have to do with what I said?
Ners will be Ners
Goal is National Championship

Viper

• All American
« Reply #361 on: May 23, 2020, 09:07:49 PM »
Next year looking like O’Neill’s with his first recruiting class. What does Wojo do to chase these guys away? Not missing much anyways. So many years into the Wojo era, still no wins in tourney - none in the immediate horizon. Still relying on transfers. Sad!
My thoughts exactly. We hope the incoming freshmen are good. We hope Carton gets a waiver. We hope the returnees improve. We hope we’re good enough to be a fringe tourney team by year end. This is ridiculous. It’s as if MU has entered the twilight zone of mid-majorville.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #362 on: May 23, 2020, 09:34:34 PM »
My thoughts exactly. We hope the incoming freshmen are good. We hope Carton gets a waiver. We hope the returnees improve. We hope we’re good enough to be a fringe tourney team by year end. This is ridiculous. It’s as if MU has entered the twilight zone of mid-majorville.
Holy cow. Absurdly dramatic. It’s a transition year, no question, and there’s still talk of the tourney. That’s, um, a good thing. Yes, the outcomes didn’t line up with our expectations over the last few years, but Wojo isn’t exactly burning the program to the ground. Now, that’s not deserving of a gold star, obviously, but I’ll give him a little more leeway to see what he does with this freshmen class.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #363 on: May 23, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
Holy cow. Absurdly dramatic. It’s a transition year, no question, and there’s still talk of the tourney. That’s, um, a good thing. Yes, the outcomes didn’t line up with our expectations over the last few years, but Wojo isn’t exactly burning the program to the ground. Now, that’s not deserving of a gold star, obviously, but I’ll give him a little more leeway to see what he does with this freshmen class.

To be a transition year we need to be transitioning from something. After 6 years it is just more of the same dead flounder gasping for air and flopping around.

Even players who have little hope in the NBA are jumping ship.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #364 on: May 23, 2020, 09:58:41 PM »
To be a transition year we need to be transitioning from something. After 6 years it is just more of the same dead flounder gasping for air and flopping around.

How many programs are out there that didn’t lose a single player that was eligible to return next year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #365 on: May 23, 2020, 10:00:13 PM »

Exactly. I was going to reply to the post too, but there’s just no point anymore in people who think just one more chance for this coaching failure will produce different results.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #366 on: May 23, 2020, 10:04:16 PM »
How many programs are out there that didn’t lose a single player that was eligible to return next year.

This is what it’s come to in order to find a Wojo “accomplishment”, and a reason to be optimistic.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #367 on: May 23, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »

BTW, in case you missed the news, we have indeed lost a single player who was eligible to return next year.

But yeah, hang a banner otherwise.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #368 on: May 23, 2020, 10:21:56 PM »
BTW, in case you missed the news, we have indeed lost a single player who was eligible to return next year.

But yeah, hang a banner otherwise.

Yes, that’s the point...

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #369 on: May 23, 2020, 10:34:11 PM »
Yes, that’s the point...

Ok, missed that your angle was lumping us in with nearly every other program.  That’s not your usual m.o. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #370 on: May 23, 2020, 10:51:29 PM »
Ok, missed that your angle was lumping us in with nearly every other program.  That’s not your usual m.o.
The Freshmen are going to be good don't know if excellent but good
Goal is National Championship

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #371 on: May 23, 2020, 10:54:52 PM »
The Freshmen are going to be good don't know if excellent but good

I agree and really looking forward to seeing them all. They’re going to have a lot on their shoulders from day one.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #372 on: May 24, 2020, 01:53:29 AM »
Gotta say after this I think Bailey goes on the bust pile. I remember him being pretty hyped both when he signed and when he was coming back from mission. To get a total of, what, 5 good games out of him over two years isn't a great return.

Any, all the best BB - certainly hope "  His best basketball is ahead of him "
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #373 on: May 24, 2020, 02:31:28 AM »

Weave bin in a transition year each of da past 6 yeers, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #374 on: May 24, 2020, 06:13:25 AM »
Gotta say after this I think Bailey goes on the bust pile. I remember him being pretty hyped both when he signed and when he was coming back from mission. To get a total of, what, 5 good games out of him over two years isn't a great return.

Any, all the best BB - certainly hope "  His best basketball is ahead of him "

Based on the hype around him his freshman year and the inconsistency once he stepped into starting minutes, I can't disagree. There was upside there, but it never felt realized.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback