[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DePaul lawsuit involving AD  (Read 18535 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: DePaul lawsuit involving AD
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2020, 11:17:39 AM »
Not a minute too soon.

I am on DePaul  mailing list (because I have purchased DePaul tickets for Marquette games), and they have resorted to hyping that wacky walk-on in an attempt to generate interest in the team:

http://x.mail.depaul-blue-demons.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=26bd807c2eca048fa5fe17a110d4b9ed

"The number one hype man in college basketball"

Uh....Freeway???

Anyway, I didn't realize he was an actual player.  I thought he was a mascot of some kind.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »
DePaul finalizing agreement for this due to become the new AD: DeWayne Peevy, Deputy AD at Kentucky.

https://collegead.com/dewayne-peevy-next-up/

Nice career.  Too bad it has to end this way.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2020, 11:22:25 AM »

"The number one hype man in college basketball"

Uh....Freeway???

Anyway, I didn't realize he was an actual player.  I thought he was a mascot of some kind.

Initially,  I thought he was a Make A Wish kid or something along those lines.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2020, 12:43:30 PM »
Lietao deserves some credit for finding and developing Paul Reed. Now that he’s (his staff’s) bringing in more talent, he needs to show he can develop and mesh more talented players PDQ in order to stick around. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

RealChiliWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
Not a minute too soon.

I am on DePaul  mailing list (because I have purchased DePaul tickets for Marquette games), and they have resorted to hyping that wacky walk-on in an attempt to generate interest in the team:

http://x.mail.depaul-blue-demons.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=26bd807c2eca048fa5fe17a110d4b9ed

No results yet on ticket sales, BUT DePaul enrollment is up among clown degree seekers.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2020, 03:09:35 PM »
Initially,  I thought he was a Make A Wish kid or something along those lines.
Honestly, me and friends thought the same thing. I was corrected on this site a few months ago, but I'd guess this is a common impression of this guy outside of DePaul.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2020, 03:11:34 PM »
I mean the guy has to be at least semi decent right? He played at one of the premier HS programs in the country. Can't imagine he's just been an end of bench guy since he was 14...
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2020, 03:38:48 PM »
I mean the guy has to be at least semi decent right? He played at one of the premier HS programs in the country. Can't imagine he's just been an end of bench guy since he was 14...

Didn't we hear somewhere along the line that this guy's parents were really loaded?  I am sure with enough scratch, you could get your kid into any of those prep schools regardless of talent.

Have some patience, FFS.

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2020, 03:50:36 PM »
Didn't we hear somewhere along the line that this guy's parents were really loaded?  I am sure with enough scratch, you could get your kid into any of those prep schools regardless of talent.

His dad is president of a bunch of muffler shops in Michigan City and LaPorte.  I'm sure it's a front for something.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2020, 04:22:52 PM »

he's probably the conduit for passing money to players. My buddy had him in class, said he was a total clown and is only on the team to get Lalumiere kids to DePaul.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »
he's probably the conduit for passing money to players. My buddy had him in class, said he was a total clown and is only on the team to get Lalumiere kids to DePaul.

Imagine that being your soul purpose on the Depaul team and so far you landed a commitment that a guy backed out of and then a distant third place in the Bowen recruitment.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2020, 04:32:24 PM »
Imagine that being your soul purpose on the Depaul team and so far you landed a commitment that a guy backed out of and then a distant third place in the Bowen recruitment.

sad to say their are probably some "fringe benefits" the kid gets being the member of the team. That says a lot about DePaul coeds...

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
sad to say their are probably some "fringe benefits" the kid gets being the member of the team. That says a lot about DePaul coeds...

You make a huge assumption that is not backed by any evidence whatsoever, and then disparage the people you are making the assumption about based on your assumption.

That says a lot about you.

Have some patience, FFS.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2020, 06:04:09 PM »
Gotta be Chico’s....there/they’re/their.

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2020, 06:53:08 PM »
Not a minute too soon.

The Coach and Teammates enjoy the energy he brings to the team.  Adds some color to their program and gives a few camera shots when a DePaul player makes a great play. So overall I think it is a positive.

This is the type of things losing organizations have to do in order to get fans in the stadium. Back in the day the old St. Louis Browns had a midget on their team.

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2020, 07:11:03 PM »
The Coach and Teammates enjoy the energy he brings to the team.  Adds some color to their program and gives a few camera shots when a DePaul player makes a great play. So overall I think it is a positive.

This is the type of things losing organizations have to do in order to get fans in the stadium. Back in the day the old St. Louis Browns had a midget on their team.

The Browns ended up moving to Baltimore where the Orioles don’t even claim their history. So maybe maybe that’s not a great way to market your program.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2020, 02:58:44 PM »
You make a huge assumption that is not backed by any evidence whatsoever, and then disparage the people you are making the assumption about based on your assumption.

That says a lot about you.

Disparage? My prof buddy at DePaul (24 years now) has told me DePaul gets a lot of "dumb rich kids who come to Lincoln Park to live it up in Chicago." It's not much different than the Wade girls who lavished attention on Wade. A hoops player who has turned himself into a campus celebrity is going to get attention out at the bars and invited to parties and events thrown by said rich kids on the basis of his status that most students would not. It's a different place. I doubt the guy has paid for many drinks since turning 21.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2020, 06:56:51 PM »
Disparage? My prof buddy at DePaul (24 years now) has told me DePaul gets a lot of "dumb rich kids who come to Lincoln Park to live it up in Chicago." It's not much different than the Wade girls who lavished attention on Wade. A hoops player who has turned himself into a campus celebrity is going to get attention out at the bars and invited to parties and events thrown by said rich kids on the basis of his status that most students would not. It's a different place. I doubt the guy has paid for many drinks since turning 21.

Do you have any proof whatsoever that this clown is a "campus celebrity"?

In the last several years, I have gone quite a few of the Marquette away games at DePaul.  There were never more than a few dozen kids in the student section.  DePaul students don't even care about the real basketball players, much less this guy.
Have some patience, FFS.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2020, 07:17:00 PM »
Do you have any proof whatsoever that this clown is a "campus celebrity"?

In the last several years, I have gone quite a few of the Marquette away games at DePaul.  There were never more than a few dozen kids in the student section.  DePaul students don't even care about the real basketball players, much less this guy.
I have as well, and agree with Chick on this.

panda

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2020, 07:42:31 PM »

Is your friends name Bob Oliver?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2020, 08:17:25 PM »
All of the DePaul bashing saddens me.

When I first came to Chicago in the 1980s, DePaul was something special. When we played them, it was quite a contest. The bad guys won more often than not in those days but the electricity, rivalry and intensity was something I've rarely seen since with our team.

Ray Meyer was no Al, but he was quite a coach and I truly respected him. I even liked Joey, though things went southbound with him fairly quickly.

While I was disgusted at the way we blew last year's game at the Winnie, I would love to get the point where DePaul and Marquette again were two College Basketball elite teams slugging it out for Midwestern bragging rights. Both of us have some growing to do for that to happen, but a weak DePaul doesn't do a strong Marquette any good.

asdfasdf

• Starter
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2020, 09:20:32 AM »
I've seen some speculation that Kenny Payne's departure from Kentucky to the Knicks will be short term. Then once the new DePaul AD with Kentucky ties fires leitao, they will hire Payne.

For those who don't know, Payne is/was Calipari's top assistant at kentucky for a while. Salary up near 1,000,000 per year as an assistant. Far and away the highest paid assistant in NCAA bball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »

I am really loaded most of the time too.  It makes me jump up, shout crazy things and eventually brings on uncontrollable spasms as well. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:14:10 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2020, 01:09:08 PM »
My prof buddy at DePaul (24 years now) has told me DePaul gets a lot of "dumb rich kids who come to Lincoln Park to live it up in Chicago."

Breaking: Crotchety professor criticizes their students.

feedback