[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DePaul lawsuit involving AD  (Read 18530 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: DePaul lawsuit involving AD
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2020, 01:44:36 PM »

Not really.  A number of ADs have come from professional sports or the business world. Be willing how to operate in an academic environment and have a good assistant who can manage that aspect, and you will be fine.

McDonough would be a fantastic get for DePaul.  With his background in marketing, etc., I think he could make a huge difference there.

And the idea that he wouldn't take that job may not be accurate.  Lifelong Chicago resident.  Lifelong Catholic.  In his mid 60s, he could put a good five to seven years there to get things going in the right direction. 

EDIT:  Plus the school gave him an honorary degree last year so he likely already knows the President.

These are the kinds of things that only someone with a background in higher education administration would know. Thanks for sharing your expertise.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2020, 02:14:57 PM »
Wojo to DePaul as AD/coach.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2020, 02:19:13 PM »
Yes they do...I'm not doing this with you Rico...you just do crap like this just to start crap. They are DuhPaul..they need to stay in their lane and realize who they are..Terry Cummings ain't walking back through that door. They will land some Associate AD at a power 5 program, or more likely an AD at a low/mid major. They can dream all they want. Reality is a completely different animal.

To quote Chris Farley, would you just shut your big yapper?  Focus on Marquette. 
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2020, 02:19:46 PM »

I would be thrilled if Wojo was our AD

muguru

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »
To quote Chris Farley, would you just shut your big yapper?  Focus on Marquette.

My god have I ever become your target lately. What is your beef with me Ted??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
I agree with this analysis.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

asdfasdf

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2020, 05:35:48 PM »
I didn't see this posted anywhere else...

" The Chicago Tribune’s Greenstein identifies nine potential candidates to succeed outgoing DePaul AD Lenti Ponsetto: Northwestern Deputy AD Polisky, Loyola Chicago AD Watson, DePaul Chief of Staff Stoute, FAU AD White, Saint Joseph’s AD Bodensteiner, Chicago Speedway Prez Paddock, Bradley AD Reynolds, VCU AD McLaughlin, and Notre Dame Deputy AD Fraleigh."

One would think that if the Bradley AD gets this gig, then Wardle won't be far behind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2020, 06:27:21 PM »
I didn't see this posted anywhere else...

" The Chicago Tribune’s Greenstein identifies nine potential candidates to succeed outgoing DePaul AD Lenti Ponsetto: Northwestern Deputy AD Polisky, Loyola Chicago AD Watson, DePaul Chief of Staff Stoute, FAU AD White, Saint Joseph’s AD Bodensteiner, Chicago Speedway Prez Paddock, Bradley AD Reynolds, VCU AD McLaughlin, and Notre Dame Deputy AD Fraleigh."

One would think that if the Bradley AD gets this gig, then Wardle won't be far behind.

With the transfers and recruits DePaul's starting to get I'd actually wait as the new AD and see what Leitao does with them.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2020, 06:28:28 PM »
With the transfers and recruits DePaul's starting to get I'd actually wait as the new AD and see what Leitao does with them.
I agree with this analysis.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2020, 06:44:38 PM »

Yup.  It hasn't translated to Ws yet, but I think DePaul is headed in the right direction.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2020, 06:54:28 PM »
Yup.  It hasn't translated to conference Ws yet, but I think DePaul is headed in the right direction.

FIFY
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2020, 07:29:40 PM »

Huh
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2020, 08:22:36 PM »
Huh

Do research then come back to me
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2020, 05:44:27 AM »

Leitao's been back five years, had the same conference record last year (3-15) that he did his first year, and is 19-71 in league play. He's had a couple recruiting wins, but if he couldn't even hit .500 in league play the past two years, why would anyone expect better with Reed and JCL gone?

He's an integral part of DePaul's toxic culture of losing. I just don't think any case can be made for him when he failed to get any real results with Strus, Reed, Olujobi, Moore, and Coleman-Lands the past two years. He got his guys and still wasn't close to the tourney.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2020, 06:29:54 AM »
Leitao's been back five years, had the same conference record last year (3-15) that he did his first year, and is 19-71 in league play. He's had a couple recruiting wins, but if he couldn't even hit .500 in league play the past two years, why would anyone expect better with Reed and JCL gone?

He's an integral part of DePaul's toxic culture of losing. I just don't think any case can be made for him when he failed to get any real results with Strus, Reed, Olujobi, Moore, and Coleman-Lands the past two years. He got his guys and still wasn't close to the tourney.

What DePaul needs is, their version of Tom Crean.  Embrace the past while blazing a new trail.  No more retreads but someone with a fresh vision

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2020, 07:22:24 AM »

That's what they're going to do.  He's not getting fired before the season starts.  But I'm with brew.  I see no reason he is going to succeed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2020, 08:28:20 AM »

Moore is returning, he's got three impact grad transfers coming in. A year of development for Weems and Kyon Edwards and Ahamad Bynum both top 70 players signed for next year. Add that to a calendar year of 2019 where they went 7-11 and 12-1 I do think there is some glimmer of hope. That being said I'm sure you have efficiency stats for the three transfers that makes their raw numbers pointless in which case bring on someone new.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2020, 09:04:38 AM »
It's just results. Leitao has shown no ability to mesh new players together and get wins. I actually think all the grad transfers make his job harder, not easier. If you have 1, maybe 2 that really, really buy in, they help. But if that's the core of your roster, it's too many styles and too many "gotta show my stuff NOW" players to really stitch success together, especially for someone like Leitao.

Just look at his track record. 2 tourney bids, one at DePaul, one at Virginia, with someone else's players. His greatest success, at DePaul, was in CUSA. Sure, a better CUSA than now, but he's never consistently won at a high major and definitely not with his own guys.

Put Wardle in that seat or a dozen other coaches and I'd tend to agree, maybe there's something there. But Leitao has proven time and time again that regardless of talent, he just can't win.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2020, 11:11:48 AM »
It's just results. Leitao has shown no ability to mesh new players together and get wins. I actually think all the grad transfers make his job harder, not easier. If you have 1, maybe 2 that really, really buy in, they help. But if that's the core of your roster, it's too many styles and too many "gotta show my stuff NOW" players to really stitch success together, especially for someone like Leitao.

Just look at his track record. 2 tourney bids, one at DePaul, one at Virginia, with someone else's players. His greatest success, at DePaul, was in CUSA. Sure, a better CUSA than now, but he's never consistently won at a high major and definitely not with his own guys.

Put Wardle in that seat or a dozen other coaches and I'd tend to agree, maybe there's something there. But Leitao has proven time and time again that regardless of talent, he just can't win.

That's a fair point about his roster management being an issue
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2020, 11:45:04 AM »

The ONLY reason that Leitao has even been able to bring in the talent he has is because he has Marc H$u on staff. Take him away and it would be even uglier...if that's even possible.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2020, 12:39:46 PM »
The ONLY reason that Leitao has even been able to bring in the talent he has is because he has Marc H$u on staff. Take him away and it would be even uglier...if that's even possible.

Kudos to those kids going to DePaul and getting paid. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2020, 06:32:08 PM »
DePaul finalizing agreement for this due to become the new AD: DeWayne Peevy, Deputy AD at Kentucky.

https://collegead.com/dewayne-peevy-next-up/
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2020, 07:18:42 PM »
DePaul finalizing agreement for this due to become the new AD: DeWayne Peevy, Deputy AD at Kentucky.

https://collegead.com/dewayne-peevy-next-up/
On paper looks like a solid hire .

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2020, 07:48:47 PM »
Yep, I bet he knows how to give out the paper bags on the sly....sarcasm

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2020, 11:14:15 AM »
Not a minute too soon.

I am on DePaul  mailing list (because I have purchased DePaul tickets for Marquette games), and they have resorted to hyping that wacky walk-on in an attempt to generate interest in the team:

http://x.mail.depaul-blue-demons.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=26bd807c2eca048fa5fe17a110d4b9ed

Have some patience, FFS.

feedback