collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 372139 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1875 on: March 11, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »
I think the laughing gas has been leaking in rocket's offices for years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1876 on: March 11, 2021, 01:09:51 PM »
WI released new eligibility guidelines today.  Fat guys with hypertension are now eligible.  (Fat chicks too but I still identify as a fat guy)

Get.
In.
My.
Arm.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1877 on: March 11, 2021, 01:19:42 PM »

WI released new eligibility guidelines today.  Fat guys with hypertension are now eligible.  (Fat chicks too but I still identify as a fat guy)

Get.
In.
My.
Arm.

Another example of the inconsistency of the guidelines among states. WI includes several conditions (like hypertension and asthma) that aren't in the CDC guidelines. FWIW, the data seem to indicate that WI is right and CDC is wrong. Still, the state to stat inconsistencies are maddening.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1878 on: March 11, 2021, 03:56:06 PM »
Another example of the inconsistency of the guidelines among states. WI includes several conditions (like hypertension and asthma) that aren't in the CDC guidelines. FWIW, the data seem to indicate that WI is right and CDC is wrong. Still, the state to stat inconsistencies are maddening.

WI 1) has a TON of fatfůcks and 2) is doing really well with vaccine numbers. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1879 on: March 11, 2021, 03:58:22 PM »

1 is actually an untrue stereotype.  WI is in the middle of the pack for obesity.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1880 on: March 11, 2021, 04:28:01 PM »

I really don't know if this is a problem.  Most people don't really pay attention to anything that is going on in other states.  Would strict national standards be better?  I am not sure that's a question I can answer.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1881 on: March 11, 2021, 05:10:58 PM »
1 is actually an untrue stereotype.  WI is in the middle of the pack for obesity.

So serious.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1882 on: March 11, 2021, 05:27:19 PM »

Over 65s and teachers should all be vaccinated soon. Evers should open it to all after that.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1883 on: March 11, 2021, 05:38:13 PM »
Over 65s and teachers should all be vaccinated soon. Evers should open it to all after that.

May for general public seems like the current target.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1884 on: March 11, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »
Supposedly Biden wants everyone eligible May 1.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1885 on: March 11, 2021, 06:08:58 PM »
May for general public seems like the current target.

Yeah, I figured it would be late April - May. I just think that with all of the supply we are now getting, as well as the most vulnerable taken care of, we just need to get shots in arms as fast as possible. Do that and we could get rid of the mask mandate in 60 days or less. Get back to feeling more normal.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1886 on: March 11, 2021, 06:24:04 PM »

I really don't know if this is a problem.  Most people don't really pay attention to anything that is going on in other states.  Would strict national standards be better?  I am not sure that's a question I can answer.

I have been following a MN vaccine hunters group on FB, and many people are very aware of the different standards, especially in neighboring states. And I have seen it promote a feeling of unfairness when a person would be eligible in a neighboring state but not in their own. I also think inconsistent standards undermine public trust in the ‘legitimacy’ of the tiering system.

I don’t know what the best system is, but I do think it would promote faith in the vaccine and the system generally if we at least had consistent standards.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1887 on: March 11, 2021, 06:38:45 PM »
I guess all the beer I've been drinking during the pandemic will help me now since I meet the overweight criteria for 1C in Wisconsin - I won't complain about being overweight this time :).  That really surprised me - thought they were going to start with a BMI over 30 but I don't mind if I can get a shot sooner.  Although I'm guessing it's going to be hard to get an appointment come March 29th - a lot of people in Wisconsin are going to meet that criteria.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1888 on: March 11, 2021, 09:17:45 PM »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1889 on: March 11, 2021, 09:19:08 PM »
Supposedly Biden wants everyone eligible May 1.

With the hope of maybe (if we’re lucky) then being able to get together with family and close friends for a 4th of July bbq 🤦‍♂️

Not the speech I was hoping to hear.  Between the threat of imposing restrictions again and the general negativity around the message it just didn’t seem to meet the moment or optimistic forward look after such a sh*tty last twelve months.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1890 on: March 11, 2021, 09:20:37 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/pfizer-data-israel-finds-vaccine-123920134.html?guccounter=1

Seashells and balloons, guys.

Best news in a year.

💥💥💥💥💥💥 got Pfizer dose 1 this morning! 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1891 on: March 11, 2021, 09:27:34 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/pfizer-data-israel-finds-vaccine-123920134.html?guccounter=1

Seashells and balloons, guys.

Best news in a year.

Terrific news! The development of so many highly effective vaccines in such a short period of time is one of the most remarkable things I have ever seen.

If everybody does their respective parts (getting vaccinated, wearing masks, etc), we should soon be back to normalcy.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1892 on: March 11, 2021, 09:40:00 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1893 on: March 11, 2021, 09:56:49 PM »

The CDC does include hypertension an asthma.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

It is just in a lower tier of confidence based on the number of available studies. They are included in "might be at increased risk". Many states simply link to the CDC page, and leave it up to physicians or the individual on where the cut off for "risk" occurs. I know may states include all of the "might be at increased risk" disorders.

Many also include a carve out indicating the list of disorders that qualify is not exhaustive, which makes it even harder to determine what is included.

Tons of confusion. That is one of the reasons I will not fault anyone for just signing up if they think they qualify based on medical conditions, provided they have a condition listed somewhere on the CDC page.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1894 on: March 11, 2021, 10:16:22 PM »
The CDC does include hypertension an asthma.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

It is just in a lower tier of confidence based on the number of available studies. They are included in "might be at increased risk". Many states simply link to the CDC page, and leave it up to physicians or the individual on where the cut off for "risk" occurs. I know may states include all of the "might be at increased risk" disorders.

Many also include a carve out indicating the list of disorders that qualify is not exhaustive, which makes it even harder to determine what is included.

Tons of confusion. That is one of the reasons I will not fault anyone for just signing up if they think they qualify based on medical conditions, provided they have a condition listed somewhere on the CDC page.

You are correct. I should have been more clear about the distinction.

But as you said, some states lump them all together and give them the same level of priority, whereas some (like here in Minnesota) leave hypertension and asthma until the end, so they are essentially in the general public pool. And there could be a third category, which might leave it up to the discretion of individual physicians. At the end of the day, the inconsistencies have led to considerable frustration.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:18:09 PM by GooooMarquette »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1895 on: March 11, 2021, 10:30:19 PM »
Does it count if the anxiety over being unvaccinated is raising my blood pressure?
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1896 on: March 11, 2021, 10:47:46 PM »
Does it count if the anxiety over being unvaccinated is raising my blood pressure?

Worth a try. ::)

But the emotional/anxiety relief after getting the shots is a real thing. My wife and I are already planning a couple vacations starting in May.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1897 on: March 12, 2021, 02:11:05 AM »
Doc was right, aina?

A clock tells you what time it's precise set of gears have turned the hands towards (after being set by someone else).  That's the kind of information we get from 4ever.

This link, sez one particular vaccine does a pretty good job at preventing killing other people.   Only a 6 percent chance you could make them sick and die.  Yay!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 02:12:48 AM by rocky_warrior »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1898 on: March 12, 2021, 03:00:04 AM »
With the hope of maybe (if we’re lucky) then being able to get together with family and close friends for a 4th of July bbq 🤦‍♂️

Not the speech I was hoping to hear.  Between the threat of imposing restrictions again and the general negativity around the message it just didn’t seem to meet the moment or optimistic forward look after such a sh*tty last twelve months.

So you watched this whole thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtQ-goeYY8s

And what you got out of it was that 'I can't go on a party cruise on the 4th of July?'???  Vaccine timeline has been pulled way up, things are on track to "normal" sooner than expected, and the front-man is 100% being honest and up-front.  For all that, I'd expect a  🙏🙏 from you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1899 on: March 12, 2021, 05:00:57 AM »
Doc was right, aina?

Yeah butt, eye'm a pseudo health professional hoo duzant no stink 'bout medicine. Science iz reel, peeple ar knot, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback