[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 357732 times)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1001 on: December 30, 2020, 07:30:24 AM »
Florida and the vaccination process

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/12/29/covid-vaccine-floridas-roll-out-seniors-gets-off-rocky-start/4067324001/

Once again, our governor living up to his name, DeathSantis.
And the morons in our state will probably reelect him.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: December 30, 2020, 08:01:08 AM »
Once again, our governor living up to his name, DeathSantis.
And the morons in our state will probably reelect him.

Poor implementation (at least initially) of a policy is his fault/responsibility. Doesn’t have anything to do with whether the policy itself is a good one.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: December 30, 2020, 08:30:52 AM »
Poor implementation (at least initially) of a policy is his fault/responsibility. Doesn’t have anything to do with whether the policy itself is a good one.
While I agree with your point, he has shown incompetence on so many levels, why trust his policy?> My god, he has an uber driving conspiracy theorist heading up the information he is using to base his decisions on.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: December 30, 2020, 09:00:57 AM »
Part of controlling the initial implementation of the vaccine is to build the infrastructure to administer large amounts of vaccine and control demand as for quite some time it will be in excess of supply.

It’s a nice headline though.   

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: December 30, 2020, 09:27:04 AM »
Part of controlling the initial implementation of the vaccine is to build the infrastructure to administer large amounts of vaccine and control demand as for quite some time it will be in excess of supply.

It’s a nice headline though.

By the way FL isn’t alone.  All 50 states are doing their own thing and the feds are washing their hands of this as soon as the vaccine is ‘distributed’ according to both Pres and VP.  I hope the money in the CARES II act is enough to get this going but there clearly is going to be a looming problem in Jan/Feb when everyone wants their vaccine.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: December 30, 2020, 09:33:41 AM »
My daughter, the occupational therapist in Maryland, got the first dose of the vaccine this morning.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1007 on: December 30, 2020, 09:36:32 AM »
By the way FL isn’t alone.  All 50 states are doing their own thing and the feds are washing their hands of this as soon as the vaccine is ‘distributed’ according to both Pres and VP.  I hope the money in the CARES II act is enough to get this going but there clearly is going to be a looming problem in Jan/Feb when everyone wants their vaccine.

I’ll repeat myself again. Vaccines don’t end epidemics. Vaccinations do.

We have had more than enough time to coordinate a national vaccination policy. The killers in the WH and Vice President’s mansion simply don’t care if any of you live or die.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1008 on: December 30, 2020, 01:07:18 PM »

Sad but true; the Trump administration has no interest in helping the states out on distribution. As a result, disagreements about prioritization are far less worrisome than the lack of resources for states to actually implement a distribution plan.

Hopefully, the Biden administration can quickly get the states what they need. If it doesn't, we all may still be wearing masks on the Fourth of July....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: December 30, 2020, 01:38:19 PM »
We're doing 1 million vaccines/week.

For 80% herd immunity that will take 10 years.

To get herd immunity by 6 months (the original federal timeline), we'd need 3.5 million vaccines per day.

(Numbers taken from CNN interview)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1010 on: December 30, 2020, 03:33:51 PM »
We're doing 1 million vaccines/week.

For 80% herd immunity that will take 10 years.

To get herd immunity by 6 months (the original federal timeline), we'd need 3.5 million vaccines per day.

(Numbers taken from CNN interview)

Yep. States, hospitals and pharmacies are doing their best, but it's a monumental task that begs for centralized coordination and resources.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: December 30, 2020, 03:56:27 PM »

Hopefully, the Biden administration can quickly get the states what they need. If it doesn't, we all may still be wearing masks on the Fourth of July....

Agree ... except who is "we"? Millions of Americans are proud mouth-breathers who scream "MAGA! Freedom!" whenever masks are mentioned.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1012 on: December 30, 2020, 08:00:26 PM »
I originally heard 500 vaccine doses had to be discarded after a human error resulting in them not being refrigerated properly at Aurora Medical Center-Grafton and thought that's not so great but yeah sh*t happens.  But I just read today that someone did this on purpose - what the heck?  They were fired of course and imagine they might face some charges:

https://www.fox6now.com/news/aurora-grafton-discarded-covid-19-vaccine-incident-was-intentional?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%20Manual&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3Jg2QAn2PzdAqAzqUzKULa0lUupKEhMpc8mPffai7kT7W4Z43g8GRdjro

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1013 on: December 30, 2020, 08:22:35 PM »
I originally heard 500 vaccine doses had to be discarded after a human error resulting in them not being refrigerated properly at Aurora Medical Center-Grafton and thought that's not so great but yeah sh*t happens.  But I just read today that someone did this on purpose - what the heck?  They were fired of course and imagine they might face some charges:

https://www.fox6now.com/news/aurora-grafton-discarded-covid-19-vaccine-incident-was-intentional?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%20Manual&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3Jg2QAn2PzdAqAzqUzKULa0lUupKEhMpc8mPffai7kT7W4Z43g8GRdjro

That is absolutely appalling.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1014 on: December 30, 2020, 08:26:08 PM »

That is absolutely appalling.

It never occurred to me that someone would do this on purpose - how awful :(

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: December 30, 2020, 08:37:28 PM »
I just read this on another site. I am speechless. It’s jaw-dropping really.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: December 30, 2020, 09:16:53 PM »
It never occurred to me that someone would do this on purpose - how awful :(

Is it really?  I’m sure you know plenty of people like I do, who crowd themselves into bars, restaurants, and hosted big indoor holiday gatherings...essentially the same thing.

America - Eff Yeah!

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1017 on: December 31, 2020, 12:59:15 PM »
Is it really?  I’m sure you know plenty of people like I do, who crowd themselves into bars, restaurants, and hosted big indoor holiday gatherings...essentially the same thing.

America - Eff Yeah!

Both are bad but I honestly never thought someone would do something like this on person and it's pretty awful in my opinion.  I guess maybe I'm naive to think that someone wouldn't do that though...

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: December 31, 2020, 01:01:22 PM »
Are they an anti vaxxer? Were they trying to take them for friends and family?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: December 31, 2020, 03:12:49 PM »
The doses were left out to spoil, so they weren’t intended for friends and family,

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: December 31, 2020, 03:25:19 PM »
Healthcare workers say 'no thanks' to the COVID vaccine:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/many-frontline-workers-refuse-covid-201555764.html

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1021 on: December 31, 2020, 04:44:49 PM »
Healthcare workers say 'no thanks' to the COVID vaccine:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/many-frontline-workers-refuse-covid-201555764.html

I didn't expect 100% compliance, but this just blows my mind.

If it had been approved this past fall before the the safety data had been properly analyzed, I could have understood. I personally was concerned when they were talking approval before the election. But once the companies and NIH made it clear that they weren't going to rush the data analysis or strong-arm the DSMBs, I grew much more open-minded. And once the data were made public, I thought it would be a no-brainer for frontline workers.

This really gives me concern about what we'll see once we get past the 65+ and other high-risk groups.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: December 31, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »
We've got some real effed-up dopes in this country.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1023 on: January 01, 2021, 04:40:02 AM »
We've got some real effed-up dopes in this country.

Again, try to hold judgement. For example, I have an older sister in ohio that is an rn at a nursing home. I haven't talked to her yet, but she's already "survived" covid and I wouldn't be surprised if she declined a vaccine thinking that someone else might need "her dose" more.

The logistics have been a nightmare, and those forgoing doses might unwittingly be letting those go to waste (assuming better organization). But the truth is, unless you're directly connected to a hospital or elderly care facility there's not been much planning for this by the states (even though we'd hope otherwise).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: January 01, 2021, 09:06:36 AM »
Again, try to hold judgement. For example, I have an older sister in ohio that is an rn at a nursing home. I haven't talked to her yet, but she's already "survived" covid and I wouldn't be surprised if she declined a vaccine thinking that someone else might need "her dose" more.

The logistics have been a nightmare, and those forgoing doses might unwittingly be letting those go to waste (assuming better organization). But the truth is, unless you're directly connected to a hospital or elderly care facility there's not been much planning for this by the states (even though we'd hope otherwise).

I wasn't speaking to any particular group of people, rocky. Obviously, your sister has an outstanding reason for making that decision.

feedback