[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 357996 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #750 on: December 11, 2020, 04:40:44 PM »
Trump orders FDA chief to authorize vaccine today or he will be fired.
Dr. Hahn denied that occurred,

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #751 on: December 11, 2020, 04:42:23 PM »
Dr. Hahn denied that occurred,

The president tweeted it.  So it happened, Not sure though if Hahn knew about it. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #752 on: December 11, 2020, 04:51:22 PM »
The president tweeted it.  So it happened, Not sure though if Hahn knew about it.
I dont read his tweets did he say he would be fired?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #753 on: December 11, 2020, 04:55:00 PM »

Part of the bizarro world of this dysfunctional administration.

Like when Comey learned that he had 'resigned' by seeing it on a newscast when he was at FBI's LA field office...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #754 on: December 11, 2020, 04:56:32 PM »

Meadows told him to 'submit his resignation' if it isn't approved by the end of the day....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/11/trump-stephen-hahn-fda-covid-vaccine/

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #755 on: December 11, 2020, 04:58:25 PM »

Meadows told him to 'submit his resignation' if it isn't approved by the end of the day....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/11/trump-stephen-hahn-fda-covid-vaccine/
the cnn article states Hahn denied this.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #756 on: December 11, 2020, 04:59:09 PM »

My mistake.  It does not say those words.  I was mixed what the tweet said (get the vaccines out now) with an article that attributed the firing thing to meadows. 

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1337369403638362114?s=21

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #757 on: December 11, 2020, 05:01:28 PM »
Hahn has been quoted saying that was not what happened on the call.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #758 on: December 11, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »
Hahn has been quoted saying that was not what happened on the call.

Yes I know.  I admitted that I was mistaken about the tweet

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #759 on: December 11, 2020, 05:04:57 PM »
Hahn has to deny it. If he doesn't, he plays along with Trump's game of undermining public trust in the vaccine.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #760 on: December 11, 2020, 05:11:18 PM »
Yes I know.  I admitted that I was mistaken about the tweet
No worries, wasnt trying to call you out, and I am no means a Trump guy. He's done enough stupid and dangerous stuff, but even hes not that stupid. The public has to trust the vaccine

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #761 on: December 11, 2020, 05:22:05 PM »

No worries, wasnt trying to call you out, and I am no means a Trump guy. He's done enough stupid and dangerous stuff, but even hes not that stupid. The public has to trust the vaccine

Absolutely critical. Whether it happened or not, Hahn did the right thing by denying it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #762 on: December 11, 2020, 09:36:58 PM »
apologize if this has been mentioned as i haven't read all 700+ comments in this thread, but how long does it take for one to develop immune defense against virus after receiving the vaccine?
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #763 on: December 11, 2020, 09:42:01 PM »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #764 on: December 11, 2020, 10:12:07 PM »

thanks rock!  but damn!  i hate needles :D

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #765 on: December 11, 2020, 10:51:03 PM »
thanks rock!  but damn!  i hate needles :D

Hopefully the person administering yours won't be a female with a shaved head

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #766 on: December 12, 2020, 12:14:01 AM »
Hopefully the person administering yours won't be a female with a shaved head

and why would that be mr jesmu84?  hell, i wouldn't mind if the female had all her business taken care of and well landscaped

MU82

• All American
« Reply #767 on: December 12, 2020, 08:15:26 AM »
I was wondering if it was legal for businesses, and even government entities, could require employees to get vaccinated. Well, thanks to the NYT, I found out the answer: Yes, totally legal.

In 1905, the Supreme Court ruled against a pastor, Henning Jacobson, who had sued the state of Massachusetts for requiring residents to take a vaccine after an outbreak of smallpox. “Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others,” the court ruled. “It is, then, liberty regulated by law.”

That ruling, and others after, it have repeatedly reaffirmed this principle. As for private businesses, they can choose to hire, fire and transact with anyone, unless they discriminate based on a protected category.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #768 on: December 12, 2020, 08:26:03 AM »
That will get challenged.     For some religious freedom reason, so it will have a decent chance of being overturned. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #769 on: December 12, 2020, 08:52:41 AM »
Opinion piece about Coivd 19 vaccines being worthless if people aren't vaccinated

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/529856-covid-19-vaccines-are-worthless-if-people-arent-vaccinated

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #770 on: December 12, 2020, 09:20:33 AM »
Opinion piece about Coivd 19 vaccines being worthless if people aren't vaccinated

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/529856-covid-19-vaccines-are-worthless-if-people-arent-vaccinated

Vaccines don’t stop epidemics. Vaccinations do.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #771 on: December 12, 2020, 09:32:48 AM »
That will get challenged.     For some religious freedom reason, so it will have a decent chance of being overturned.

It will likely be challenged, but I am not so sure it will be overturned. Even with the conservative makeup of the Supreme Court, clear established precedent is difficult to overturn.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #772 on: December 12, 2020, 12:09:16 PM »

It will likely be challenged, but I am not so sure it will be overturned. Even with the conservative makeup of the Supreme Court, clear established precedent is difficult to overturn.

This would be my take as well. Overturning this would require the Supreme Court to completely disregard very well established legal precedent, including multiple SCOTUS decisions.

Wouldn't entirely rule it out, as we have a couple new jurists that really don't care about precedent, but would be a bit surprised.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #773 on: December 12, 2020, 12:33:23 PM »
I was a bit embarrassed by the President's proclamation on the USA ending the pandemic with "their" vaccine.

This vaccine is jointly developed by Pfizer (US) and BioNtech (German). BioNtech has the specific expertise in mRNA technology, development, and production. They are essential to this vaccine.

It is more an example of how international collaboration can lead to major breakthroughs. Instead of celebrating international collaboration, he decided to make it political, and about us being better than others. It honestly is a sign of why we can't have nice things. Ego, and privilege "trumping," cooperation and equality.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #774 on: December 13, 2020, 08:13:17 AM »
I was a bit embarrassed by the President's proclamation on the USA ending the pandemic with "their" vaccine.

This vaccine is jointly developed by Pfizer (US) and BioNtech (German). BioNtech has the specific expertise in mRNA technology, development, and production. They are essential to this vaccine.

It is more an example of how international collaboration can lead to major breakthroughs. Instead of celebrating international collaboration, he decided to make it political, and about us being better than others. It honestly is a sign of why we can't have nice things. Ego, and privilege "trumping," cooperation and equality.
From the snippet of an interview I heard, BioN really did the majority of the science, but they needed a much larger partner in order to get through all the steps to get it to market. They did not have the resources to get it through Phase III and so used Pfizer for all their infrastructure.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.