[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 373265 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2475 on: April 25, 2021, 07:33:19 AM »
What supports your POV reinko is that vaccination rates continue to grow steadily.  It topped off this week due to J&J, but we will see if prior trends continue for the next couple of months. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2476 on: April 25, 2021, 09:16:29 AM »
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I think vaccine surveys are overestimating vaccine hesitancy. 

I think people who are private and more conservative by nature, are conditioned not to tell a stranger from Gallup a piece of medical information, so their default is a no, or not right now.  A bit like the Trump effect in polling back in 2016...but this is just a hunch, but I remain hopeful that as more and more people get it, it will have some carryover effect of neighbors, friends, family, church members, seeing people they care and trust get it, and in turn they will get it too.  I remind myself, the vaccine has really been available to the public for 3-4 months, give people a bit more time, and continue to work on those who are hesitant, not the hardcore 10-15% who are nutso wackaloon about it.

A contact at one of my suppliers is a Trumper and did not want to get a vaccine.  He did get it as his wife made him and he said he feels pretty good now that he did.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2477 on: April 25, 2021, 10:34:20 AM »
Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but I think vaccine surveys are overestimating vaccine hesitancy. 

I think people who are private and more conservative by nature, are conditioned not to tell a stranger from Gallup a piece of medical information, so their default is a no, or not right now.  A bit like the Trump effect in polling back in 2016...but this is just a hunch, but I remain hopeful that as more and more people get it, it will have some carryover effect of neighbors, friends, family, church members, seeing people they care and trust get it, and in turn they will get it too.  I remind myself, the vaccine has really been available to the public for 3-4 months, give people a bit more time, and continue to work on those who are hesitant, not the hardcore 10-15% who are nutso wackaloon about it.

I think you are probably right. But I hope those people don't wait too long, so we can avoid another big surge in the summer or fall.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2478 on: April 25, 2021, 02:18:04 PM »

And not even the full public that long.  WI opened up full eligibility the last week of March.   That's a month.  And WI is doing very well in terms of % of the population vaxxed.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2479 on: April 25, 2021, 02:45:09 PM »
And not even the full public that long.  WI opened up full eligibility the last week of March.   That's a month.  And WI is doing very well in terms of % of the population vaxxed.

I think JNJ coming back will be popular with the younger set as well.  We've entered a new phase in CT where vaccine supply is always open.  Now its convincing people to take it.  Even with that, the 1st dose coverage seems linear (65+ 89% -- then basically steps down 10 pts per 10 year band thereafter) -- so every age group seems to be taking based on when the doses became available to them.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2480 on: April 25, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »
35 hours after Pfizer shot #2 and limited arm soreness.  That's it hopefully (knock on wood).

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #2481 on: April 25, 2021, 08:35:43 PM »

EDIT:  And I have noticed that people are just done.  At least here, no one is enforcing local mask mandates or distancing requirements.  For better or worse, this is the course we are on.
Where is "here" for you? Admittedly my perspective is skewed by a) going into quarantine/mask/distancing later than most but still over a year ago and b) I'm an old family guy so even though we live in a very bar/restaurant dense area my exposure is mostly pre 9PM. But in KC I don't see anyone unmasked or not socially distancing when out and about.

I'm sure if I was in my 20's and lived a couple miles closer to downtown I may have a different experience.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2482 on: April 26, 2021, 10:53:25 AM »
35 hours after Pfizer shot #2 and limited arm soreness.  That's it hopefully (knock on wood).

Yeah, you're in the clear.  ;D

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2483 on: April 26, 2021, 12:52:10 PM »
JNJ shots ready to roll again, thank goodness.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2484 on: April 26, 2021, 01:18:08 PM »
JNJ shots ready to roll again, thank goodness.

Yep. Great for all the people who are hesitant about the novelty of mRNA vaccines and/or the inconvenience of two-shot regimens.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2485 on: April 26, 2021, 07:01:39 PM »
Saw a survey today where 43% of republicans say they will never get the vaccine.

There is a reason why we (liberals) think republicans are stupid. They keep showing us that they are.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2486 on: April 26, 2021, 07:21:30 PM »
Two thirds of CT residents over 16 have received the first shot. 

The next frontier is work and university where people want to go back and companies/schools are bringing the vaccine there.  Now that the supply is unlimited it’s another peer pressure oppty to convince people. 

I think the polls and attempt to sort people will prove to be hyperbole/overstated.  We all need to get back to reality vs what digital world portrays. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2487 on: April 26, 2021, 07:54:34 PM »
Two thirds of CT residents over 16 have received the first shot. 

The next frontier is work and university where people want to go back and companies/schools are bringing the vaccine there.  Now that the supply is unlimited it’s another peer pressure oppty to convince people. 

I think the polls and attempt to sort people will prove to be hyperbole/overstated.  We all need to get back to reality vs what digital world portrays.

I disagree with your last point. The 20 states that have used the lowest percentage of vaccines received are red states. These people have bought what trump and Fox are selling. That isn’t going to change.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2488 on: April 26, 2021, 08:00:23 PM »
Saw a survey today where 43% of republicans say they will never get the vaccine.

There is a reason why we (liberals) think republicans are stupid. They keep showing us that they are.
Literally a life and death issue that they've turned into another ridiculously partisan issue. They simultaneously want to reign accolades on Trump for single handedly creating the vaccine while also refusing to take it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2489 on: April 26, 2021, 08:03:20 PM »
The definition of ‘republican’ is always narrower than you think and inspired to spark exasperation.

90%+ of CT over 65 is vaccinated and a lot of republicans (both registered and independent) are in that number.

We need to improve access and education/peer pressure and not sort people. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2490 on: April 26, 2021, 08:52:03 PM »
The definition of ‘republican’ is always narrower than you think and inspired to spark exasperation.

90%+ of CT over 65 is vaccinated and a lot of republicans (both registered and independent) are in that number.

We need to improve access and education/peer pressure and not sort people.

Ideally, you are right. But if you think republicans in Connecticut are the same as republicans in red states, I got a bridge to sell you.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2491 on: April 27, 2021, 11:03:12 AM »
I received my 2nd dose this morning and the place was a ghost town. Day of my first shot over 1500 registered and today under 700. I think the % that skip the second dose is going to be much higher than current reports.

I know everyone has had different experiences with side effects, but how long after the shot will I be in the clear?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 11:11:56 AM by Goose »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2492 on: April 27, 2021, 11:10:16 AM »
I received my 2nd dose this morning and the place was a ghost town. Day of my first shot over 1500 registered and today under 700. I think the % that skip the second dose is going to be much higher than current reports.

I know everyone has had different experiences with side affects, but how long after the shot will I be in the clear?

I saw a figure yesterday that 5-8% are past due for the second dose.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2493 on: April 27, 2021, 11:21:06 AM »

I know everyone has had different experiences with side effects, but how long after the shot will I be in the clear?

FWIW - I got mine at about 5 pm on Day 1, no impact outside sore arm on Day 1. Woke up fuzzy headed on Day 2, was pretty tired all day, crashed about an hour or two ahead of normal. Woke up with no lingering side effects on Day 3.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2494 on: April 27, 2021, 12:04:28 PM »
Putting the duh in Flori-duh.

Florida private school won’t allow teachers, staff to get COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2021/04/27/florida-private-school-wont-allow-teachers-staff-to-get-covid-19-vaccine/

A private school in Miami is warning its staff against getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Centner Academy said its school policy, to the extent possible, not to employ anyone who has gotten a coronavirus vaccine until further information is known.

“This is a private school. It’s not a public school. So, generally, a private employer in Florida can fire someone for any reason or no reason at all,” said Carter Sox, an employment lawyer.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2495 on: April 27, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2021/04/27/florida-private-school-wont-allow-teachers-staff-to-get-covid-19-vaccine/

A private school in Miami is warning its staff against getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Centner Academy said its school policy, to the extent possible, not to employ anyone who has gotten a coronavirus vaccine until further information is known.

“This is a private school. It’s not a public school. So, generally, a private employer in Florida can fire someone for any reason or no reason at all,” said Carter Sox, an employment lawyer.

That's pretty insane, even for Florida. I have to wonder (legal folks?) if a teacher got COVID and died, because they work at the school and couldn't get the vaccine, would there be potential liability for the school?

Beyond just financial liability, could a decision maker actually be criminally liable, e.g. negligent homicide. I know other institutions and decision makers have faced criminal liability for failure to provide workplace safety/training when deaths or injury arise, why not the same for directly putting workers in danger of COVID.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2496 on: April 27, 2021, 01:09:33 PM »

Where are the right-wingers to complain about this school intruding on people's freedom?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2497 on: April 27, 2021, 01:26:50 PM »
Canceling jobs.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2498 on: April 27, 2021, 01:35:52 PM »

If you don't have side effects by tomorrow morning, you should be good to go.

BTW, testing has shown that for those who only get the 1st dose, it is about 80% preventing Covid.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 01:37:32 PM by Jockey »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2499 on: April 27, 2021, 05:29:39 PM »
Where are the right-wingers to complain about this school intruding on people's freedom?

This school is idiotic.  Happy?

feedback