[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 371635 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2500 on: April 27, 2021, 06:49:21 PM »
This school is idiotic.  Happy?
I was more thinking of the blabbers on 1,500 Am radio stations, Fox, Oan, Newsmax, Blaze, Red State, dipshytes in Congress with GEDs, etc. etc.

Not that you don't broadcast to a massive audience yourself or anything.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2501 on: April 27, 2021, 07:06:57 PM »
If you don't have side effects by tomorrow morning, you should be good to go.

BTW, testing has shown that for those who only get the 1st dose, it is about 80% preventing Covid.

Our neighbor's brother just got COVID-19 about 6 days after getting his first dose. I don't know whether it was Moderna or Pfizer. Not 100% sure where he got it, but he did take a commercial flight, so either on the plane or at the airport is a decent guess. He had to go to the hospital because he was having trouble breathing, but now back home and doing pretty well.

But yes, I also have seen that a couple weeks after the first dose it's highly unlikely that one will catch COVID-19.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2502 on: April 27, 2021, 08:49:31 PM »
Keep in mind, it can still take a couple weeks after exposure to develop symptoms (which has been the crazy/difficult part of covid). So this person may have been infected before being vaccinated.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2503 on: April 27, 2021, 10:41:21 PM »
Keep in mind, it can still take a couple weeks after exposure to develop symptoms (which has been the crazy/difficult part of covid). So this person may have been infected before being vaccinated.

True.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2504 on: April 28, 2021, 05:31:05 AM »
Connecticut State Senate passed last night ending the religious exemption for vaccines.
Going to the Governor for signature.

There were 4,000 protestors trying to stop it claiming the usual "freedom", "liberty" and " just like forcing us to wear masks" led by Robert Kennedy Jr of course.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2505 on: April 28, 2021, 09:29:45 AM »
Connecticut State Senate passed last night ending the religious exemption for vaccines.

There were 4,000 protestors trying to stop it claiming the usual "freedom", "liberty" and " just like forcing us to wear masks" led by Robert Kennedy Jr of course.

Good.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2506 on: April 28, 2021, 09:46:01 AM »

What religions prohibit vaccines? I did a quick Google and couldn’t find any.

This kind of reminds me of people pulling the HIPAA card when it doesn’t apply.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2507 on: April 28, 2021, 12:08:44 PM »
Our neighbor's brother just got COVID-19 about 6 days after getting his first dose. I don't know whether it was Moderna or Pfizer. Not 100% sure where he got it, but he did take a commercial flight, so either on the plane or at the airport is a decent guess. He had to go to the hospital because he was having trouble breathing, but now back home and doing pretty well.

But yes, I also have seen that a couple weeks after the first dose it's highly unlikely that one will catch COVID-19.

Uhhhhh he got it because he didn't fully develop antibodies.  Amazing that some folks will act like they're invincible the second they get their first jab.

The real strength of the vaccine isn't realized until 2 weeks after the final dose.

Yes, I'm fully aware that there is some resistance shortly after getting any dose... but there are more than a few people who are rolling the dice when they shouldn't be.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2508 on: April 28, 2021, 12:10:21 PM »

Protestors screamed "My child, My choice". These same protestors demonize women who say "My body, My choice".

Irony lives.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2509 on: April 28, 2021, 12:30:40 PM »
Protestors screamed "My child, My choice". These same protestors demonize women who say "My body, My choice".

Irony lives.

At first that was on purpose to get people tilted. Just like any ironic joke that gains steam on the internet, it quickly attracted idiots that took up the mantle to make it a reality.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2510 on: April 28, 2021, 12:41:33 PM »

Irony lives.

And it's so stupid!
"My child, my choice that my kid doesn't get mumps from unvaccinated kid!"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2511 on: April 28, 2021, 02:46:48 PM »
Uhhhhh he got it because he didn't fully develop antibodies.  Amazing that some folks will act like they're invincible the second they get their first jab.

The real strength of the vaccine isn't realized until 2 weeks after the final dose.

Yes, I'm fully aware that there is some resistance shortly after getting any dose... but there are more than a few people who are rolling the dice when they shouldn't be.

We agree. I just said it wasn't known where he got it; how he got it is easier to figure.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2512 on: April 29, 2021, 10:29:06 AM »
A new program from the State of Connecticut to encourage people to get vaccinated.

https://www.ctvisit.com/articles/DrinksOnUs

Drinks Are On Us!
LAST UPDATED: APRIL 2021

Have you been vaccinated? Then you're eligible for a free drink! The Connecticut Restaurant Association is partnering with Governor Lamont and the State of Connecticut to launch the #CTDrinksOnUs campaign, where participating Connecticut restaurants will offer complimentary drinks to patrons beginning on May 19. To take part in the promotion which will run through the end of May, customers simply show that they have received either one or both doses of a COVID vaccine, at which point they can select from a list of pre-set drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) established by each participating restaurant. The promotion limits drinks to one per person and the purchase of food is required.

Here's a list of restaurants participating in #CTDrinksOnUs.

If you are a restaurant and want to participate in this program, click here to register.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2513 on: April 29, 2021, 12:47:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1387823927381184515?s=20

Concerning stats about the drop off in vaccination rates since the J&J pause.  As I suspected at the time, I think that is going to go down as a completely irresponsible decision by the FDA.  It has fueled anti-vax beliefs and killed the momentum that had been building for weeks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2514 on: April 29, 2021, 12:52:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1387823927381184515?s=20

Concerning stats about the drop off in vaccination rates since the J&J pause.  As I suspected at the time, I think that is going to go down as a completely irresponsible decision by the FDA.  It has fueled anti-vax beliefs and killed the momentum that had been building for weeks.

Quoting Nate Silver is about as impactful as quoting me.

here is a counter-point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-preference/2021/04/28/75ee6662-a770-11eb-bca5-048b2759a489_story.html

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2515 on: April 29, 2021, 01:31:12 PM »

here is a counter-point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-preference/2021/04/28/75ee6662-a770-11eb-bca5-048b2759a489_story.html

Silver’s stuff is based on math and science. I understand why many people reject it.

• All American
« Reply #2516 on: April 29, 2021, 01:34:03 PM »

here is a counter-point.

Nothing that is said there counters the actual numbers.  And Silver is quoting someone else.  Who has...you know...actual data to back it up.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2517 on: April 29, 2021, 01:53:32 PM »
Would have been better to quote "people are saying."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2518 on: April 29, 2021, 01:59:52 PM »
Silver’s stuff is based on math and science. I understand why many people reject it.

And he is frequently wrong.  See: Presidential Election 2016  Also:  Presidential Election 2020.

His reliance on faulty info and then basing his conclusions on this info has made him lose a ton of credibility.

• All American
« Reply #2519 on: April 29, 2021, 02:07:53 PM »
Again, he is simply retweeting someone else.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2520 on: April 29, 2021, 02:32:37 PM »
Again, he is simply retweeting someone else.

Really?  He added his commentary as well.  I'm just saying he kind of sucks... often.

Nate Silver
@NateSilver538
·
1h
Fairly convincing data that the J&J pause was responsible for a considerable decline in vaccination rates. Hopefully these trends will level off or reverse themselves.

• All American
« Reply #2521 on: April 29, 2021, 02:37:31 PM »
Really?  He added his commentary as well.  I'm just saying he kind of sucks... often.

Nate Silver
@NateSilver538
·
1h
Fairly convincing data that the J&J pause was responsible for a considerable decline in vaccination rates. Hopefully these trends will level off or reverse themselves.

Well he's right.  Vaccination rates, including the Pfizer and Modera shots, have dropped off since the J&J pause.

Glad that you guys are obsessed with who is sending the message instead of the FDA's f*ck up.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 02:39:09 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2522 on: April 29, 2021, 02:39:53 PM »

Well he's right.  Vaccination rates, including the Pfizer and Modera shots, have dropped off since the J&J pause.

And you and I both know that correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation. 

• All American
« Reply #2523 on: April 29, 2021, 02:44:59 PM »
And you and I both know that correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation.

I'm sure you have another valid explanation right?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2524 on: April 29, 2021, 02:48:46 PM »

I'm sure you have another valid explanation right?

People with easy access and high enthusiasm are vaccinated.  So numbers will naturally decrease. 

easy.