[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michigan  (Read 59069 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Michigan
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2020, 02:23:07 PM »
Michigan entering into partnership with other upper Midwest states.  Michigan Senate with a bipartisan advisory committee looking for businesses that can reasonably be reopened.    Most trying to figure out the right balance.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2020, 02:35:30 PM »
Annnnnnnd... Michigan goes over 2000 deaths.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2020, 02:50:17 PM »
Annnnnnnd... Michigan goes over 2000 deaths.

The racist traitors shoulda shot the damn coronavirus!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2020, 03:02:26 PM »
If I thought an AR15 was the solution to the coronavirus, I would consider one.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2020, 03:07:00 PM »
The Don't tread on me flags and the AR15s being carried on protestors backs were a nice touch, but I still will not paint with a broad brush.   One of the most basic rights we have is to peacefully protest.   They were exercising that right.

I agree 1000% about the right to protest. I remember having arguments with friends when I supported Westboro Baptist Church's right to protest. The fact that they were truly reprehensible human beings was a separate issue aside from their constitutional rights.

In my original post, nowhere did I question their right to protest. I questioned why they needed racist symbols and guns. Of course, it was rhetorical. We all know why they protested the way that they did.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2020, 04:01:23 PM »
Michigan entering into partnership with other upper Midwest states.  Michigan Senate with a bipartisan advisory committee looking for businesses that can reasonably be reopened.    Most trying to figure out the right balance.

They're doing just like the Northeast and West Coast.  A good deal.  And bipartisan.

Someone is going to be irate.....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2020, 06:32:59 PM »
I've seen two interviews of health care workers who couldn't get to their hospitals to help take care of patients due to the gridlock caused by the Guns & Rebel Flags (But We're Not Racists) Protest.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2020, 07:05:04 PM »
Yup.   Me vs we.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2020, 03:12:47 PM »
Tweets to encourage unhealthy behavior just to hamstring 'that woman'.    Somebody has his Depends in a twist.   

JB may be right.   But the riots aren't going to come from the direction he thought
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 05:19:52 PM by tower912 »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2020, 06:25:57 PM »
Not in Michigan, but I've noticed the last week that parking lots at stores, and fast-food/restaurants are starting to be more packed.

2-weeks ago, a Walmart or Grocery store would have had a handful of cars in the parking lot and more employees than customers in the store. This week, places look like pre-pandemic level business. Similarly, lots of people playing basketball, or soccer/cricket in the local parks.

So people are getting antsy and starting to not comply.

A follow up to this. For around a week we were seeing declining cases, got down to only 1-2 new cases in my city each day.

Now, about a week after I noticed this change in behavior, we are seeing 5-7 new cases a day again. Hopefully it doesn't continue to take off. People seem to continue to be less vigilant in their behavior.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2020, 03:57:40 PM »
How do you think all these mouth breathers are going to feel in a month when half of them are sick and start showing up at hospitals?
Cases up outstate the last couple days.  Highest day yet for new cases in my county.  I am guessing they are going to hope they can keep breathing  so they can own the libs.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2020, 02:42:15 PM »
2468 dead.  Approaching 35k cases.   I am now part of the problem as I chose to golf at a course that decided to open.   Huge number of provisos and prohibitions and walking only.   Worth it.   Until I find I caught it and it kills me.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2020, 03:16:12 PM »
2468 dead.  Approaching 35k cases.   I am now part of the problem as I chose to golf at a course that decided to open.   Huge number of provisos and prohibitions and walking only.   Worth it.   Until I find I caught it and it kills me.

You'll be fine after a visit to the golf course.
Only "protesters" are susceptible.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2020, 03:17:44 PM »

I'm sure you will take solace in the fact you died excercising your Constitutional rights.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2020, 03:33:44 PM »
Well, I died exercising.    Or I may die from the butt-chewing I am receiving from my wife.   

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2020, 09:47:24 AM »
Just went to an Ace Hardware and picked up paint, gardening supplies, seeds, tools, building supplies.   Did the order on line, stood in line for 10 minutes, walked in, was handed my stuff.

DON'T BELIEVE THE WHACKADOODLE TALKING POINTS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »
8 days after the protests, new cases in my metropolitan era continue to increase.     I am sure there is no causality there.   

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/04/22/secretary-army-tcf-field-hospital-tour-praises-detroit-michigan-covid-response/3004810001/

Secretary of the Army is a big fan of how rapidly and aggressively Governor Gretchen responded.    He will probably be chastised for that soon.   

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2020, 08:48:40 PM »
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2020/04/22/secretary-army-tcf-field-hospital-tour-praises-detroit-michigan-covid-response/3004810001/

Secretary of the Army is a big fan of how rapidly and aggressively Governor Gretchen responded.    He will probably be chastised for that soon.

I've said from the start that these governors are the heroes and they will be the ones who save this country.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2020, 10:43:59 AM »
LIBERATE MICHIGAN! LIBERATE MINNESOTA! LIBERATE VIRGINIA! (But disagree with Georgia for liberating too much too soon.)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2020, 10:56:53 AM »
LIBERATE MICHIGAN! LIBERATE MINNESOTA! LIBERATE VIRGINIA! (But disagree with Georgia for liberating too much too soon.)

Nads is back.   ::) ::)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2020, 11:00:48 AM »
Feeling a little jealous of Georgia right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2020, 11:35:33 AM »
Nads is back.

I've been liberated!

Why should you and all the other kids get to have all the fun?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2020, 11:57:22 AM »
Told today that an antibody test will not be available for first responders in our area for the foreseeable future.   We have, forever, been moved up in line if we think we have the virus.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2020, 03:34:56 PM »
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/new-michigan-coronavirus-cases-up-again-highest-jump-in-9-days.html

Huge jump in cases.   Hmmmmmm.    What could have happened a week ago that might have led to a jump in cases?         

feedback