[Today at 07:04:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by NickelDimer
[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michigan  (Read 59061 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Michigan
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2020, 05:05:08 PM »
My congressman is contemplating a run for president.   Michigan is going to be rocking for the next 6+ months.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2020, 05:33:09 PM »
My congressman is contemplating a run for president.   Michigan is going to be rocking for the next 6+ months.
For any particular party?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2020, 05:45:56 PM »
A bunch of gun-toting white nationalists. Beautiful!

But if they kill somebody, "there were very fine people on both sides."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2020, 05:51:39 PM »
I say let the nuts out to play. When centrist independent voters see this, I don't think they are gonna embrace it.

Okay....

But you're blocking people from doing their jobs as healthcare workers during a pandemic. That's my point in this situation. I couldn't care less about the political ramifications

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 05:58:13 PM »
There is no "Ohio" thread, but since Michigan seems to have been the point of origin of the protests, here is the one in Ohio today where protesters were demanding that DeWine "open the state".  I guess he was saving too many lives for their liking.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 06:01:21 PM »
There is no "Ohio" thread, but since Michigan seems to have been the point of origin of the protests, here is the one in Ohio today where protesters were demanding that DeWine "open the state".  I guess he was saving too many lives for their liking.

Sorta looks like some brain dead zombies trying to feast on some brains.

Sorry, too easy.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2020, 06:13:33 PM »
Okay....

But you're blocking people from doing their jobs as healthcare workers during a pandemic. That's my point in this situation. I couldn't care less about the political ramifications

Sorry, Jes. It was just a general comment and I should have been clear sine it was a reply to your post.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2020, 06:16:17 PM »
No question that these were a bunch of racist creeps. Confederate flags, Trump flags, guns, etc.

What reason, other than pure unadulterated Trump-Brand racism, would people from one of the northernmost states be parading with confederate flags?

It was nice to see them out of their cars and gathered in a group, though.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:30:25 PM by Jockey »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2020, 06:48:42 PM »
Hoods no longer required any more.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2020, 06:51:38 PM »
For any particular party?
Independent or Libertarian.   Probably Libertarian, as they already have structure in place.   Ironically.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
Paint brushes are out thick by many posters, hey. 
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2020, 08:06:03 PM »
Independent or Libertarian.   Probably Libertarian, as they already have structure in place.   Ironically.
Amash I presume? It seems a bit Quixotic at this point. Do you think he is just trying to play spoiler in Michigan?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »
Agreed.   And not a leap I am willing to make.  Many of them are there for reasons related to the lockdown.   

As to Amash, yeah, it is quixotic.  And he would have as much chance as any other Libertarian presidential candidate.   But if he continues to run for his house seat, he risks flipping it blue.   The D is going to get 40%.   Amash and the Republican split the rest.   Plurality?  At the national level, he gives the never-Trump conservatives somewhere to land.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:37:23 PM by tower912 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2020, 08:47:11 PM »
153 more died in Michigan in the last 24 hours.    Total nearing 2000.    No moments of silence for them or the other 28,000 infected in Michigan.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:51:05 PM by tower912 »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2020, 12:22:04 AM »

Maybe.

But why not answer my question?  Why were people waving confederate flags?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2020, 06:22:10 AM »
Maybe.

Because when they show up with them they aren't immediately told to leave.  Because they know they need those people.  So when they don't tell them to leave, they are basically saying they're okay with it.

That's why we paint them together in broad strokes.  Because by not telling them to leave they are tacitly endorsing  their message.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2020, 06:26:48 AM »
The Don't tread on me flags and the AR15s being carried on protestors backs were a nice touch, but I still will not paint with a broad brush.   One of the most basic rights we have is to peacefully protest.   They were exercising that right.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2020, 08:13:25 AM »
Dewine having the same protests in Ohio is actually heartening.   Metaphorical hat tip to him.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2020, 08:17:42 AM »
Dewine having the same protests in Ohio is actually heartening.   Metaphorical hat tip to him.

How do you think all these mouth breathers are going to feel in a month when half of them are sick and start showing up at hospitals?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2020, 08:20:33 AM »
Maybe.

People wave confederate flags because it is a sign of rebellion.  Are some of them racist?  Of course.  Are some of them "less racially sensitive" and feel that minorities are over-reacting when they see that symbol?  Undoubtedly.

But over the course of my life I have met plenty of people who share that mind-set who aren't what I would describe as "racist."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2020, 08:44:37 AM »

People wave confederate flags because it is a sign of rebellion.  Are some of them racist?  Of course.  Are some of them "less racially sensitive" and feel that minorities are over-reacting when they see that symbol?  Undoubtedly.

But over the course of my life I have met plenty of people who share that mind-set who aren't what I would describe as "racist."

And that is sort of the problem.  They don't understand what that flag means to a lot of people. 

Whoever came up with the idea of calling it the "Rebel" flag was thinking really far ahead in their racism.  It should have been branded the "Traitor" flag, and been banned the way that the Nazi flag is banned in Germany.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2020, 08:46:30 AM »
And that is sort of the problem.  They don't understand what that flag means to a lot of people. 

Whoever came up with the idea of calling it the "Rebel" flag was thinking really far ahead in their racism.  It should have been branded the "Traitor" flag, and been banned the way that the Nazi flag is banned in Germany.

I blame the Dukes of Hazard.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2020, 09:11:30 AM »
I blame the Dukes of Hazard.

I mean, there is definitely something to that.

But I do have a problem with people that say it is part of their "heritage".  Sure, they can say that, but it is part of their racist heritage, and they shouldn't be offended if we all say so.  Since they don't want others to be offended by their stupid hate flag.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 09:13:03 AM by Hards_Alumni »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2020, 09:56:43 AM »
We have been down this rabbit hole before.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2020, 10:09:53 AM »
Michigan Militia.  Plenty of nutjobs in the mitten and the UP.

feedback