[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Michigan  (Read 60435 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Michigan
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2021, 07:21:52 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/AGHamilton29/status/1384283942027624463

Add her to the list of “do as I say not as I do”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #426 on: April 19, 2021, 08:06:38 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/AGHamilton29/status/1384283942027624463

Add her to the list of “do as I say not as I do”

You sure love pointing out the shortcomings of a select group

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2021, 08:31:08 PM »

No one else on here will so someone has to.  You don’t feel the need to comment on the the constant bellyaching pointed at another “select group.”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2021, 08:48:01 PM »

Hypocrisy thy name is jesmu.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #429 on: April 19, 2021, 08:52:07 PM »
Hypocrisy thy name is jesmu.

I never said I didn't do the same  ;)

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #430 on: April 19, 2021, 08:52:42 PM »
No one else on here will so someone has to.  You don’t feel the need to comment on the the constant bellyaching pointed at another “select group.”

Valiant

To be fair to Whitmer, I'd probably want to leave a region where people want to kidnap and kill me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:24:08 PM by jesmu84 »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #431 on: April 19, 2021, 09:23:10 PM »
I have been critical of people on both sides of the aisle (including Whitmer). She was doing good things early in the pandemic (against enormous opposition), but her leadership lately has been disappointing.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #432 on: April 20, 2021, 06:32:02 AM »
Ted Nugent tests positive.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #433 on: April 20, 2021, 06:45:09 AM »
Ted Nugent tests positive.

That will help recruiting.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #434 on: April 20, 2021, 09:07:50 AM »
That will help recruiting.

Nugent recruits a little younger than Marquette coaches tend to.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #435 on: April 20, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »
Nugent recruits a little younger than Marquette coaches tend to.
Instant classic
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #436 on: April 20, 2021, 12:16:45 PM »
According to my very good friend, my deputy chief:    My department has 3 members who tested positive after receiving both vaccines.    One is symptomatic.   
There is a schism developing within my department about vaccines.    Some who have been vaccinated do not want to work with those who have chosen to not get vaccinated.    Some who have refused vaccinations are considering quitting because they do not like the peer pressure.   
Recently, I had the opportunity to chat with one of the post-vaccination positive test people.  He was off 35 out of 36 days.     This is a long story.

An affluent suburb nearby felt their high school aged children were being deprived of necessary experiences.    After their school district cancelled the winter dance, several parents took it upon themselves to throw one anyway off campus.   This was late February.    10 days later, they had to put sports on hiatus and return to virtual learning as nearly half of the boys basketball team had tested positive for COVID.    But not before playing one of the private high schools.     Several dozen non-athletes also tested positive. 
    5 days after the private high school played the affluent suburb in basketball, they played the team that my co-worker's sons play for.    18, 16, 15 years old, two on the varsity, one on the JV.     Two days after this second game, the private high school had to suspend their season for 10 days, as half of the boys varsity and JV basketball teams tested positive. 
    7 days after that, all three of my co-worker's sons tested positive.   2 of the 3 were symptomatic.    Fever and lethargy for a few days.      A week after that, despite both being vaccinated, both my co-worker and his wife tested positive.     They were asymptomatic.     

In case you are still wondering why Michigan has such a high infection rate.      I actually went on spring break to get away from the outbreak.   
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:29:12 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #437 on: April 20, 2021, 01:06:27 PM »
For people mentioning positives after full vaccination. Are all of these people contracting 2 weeks after their second vaccine? Or are they going out and about after the first and contracting before they are technically fully vaccinated.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #438 on: April 20, 2021, 01:14:00 PM »
I don't know.   The gentleman I talked to had received his vaccinations in January and February, but I do not know if he was fully outside the two week window.   

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #439 on: April 20, 2021, 01:24:54 PM »
I don't know.   The gentleman I talked to had received his vaccinations in January and February, but I do not know if he was fully outside the two week window.

Got it. I’ve just seen enough Facebook posts of people saying they are vaccinated and ready to take on the world again and it is only their first shot or right after their second.

Plus, that would be an easier answer than a few made it past the vaccine.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #440 on: April 20, 2021, 01:29:53 PM »
According to my very good friend, my deputy chief:    My department has 3 members who tested positive after receiving both vaccines.    One is symptomatic.   
There is a schism developing within my department about vaccines.    Some who have been vaccinated do not want to work with those who have chosen to not get vaccinated.    Some who have refused vaccinations are considering quitting because they do not like the peer pressure.   
Recently, I had the opportunity to chat with one of the post-vaccination positive test people.  He was off 35 out of 36 days.     This is a long story.

An affluent suburb nearby felt their high school aged children were being deprived of necessary experiences.    After their school district cancelled the winter dance, several parents took it upon themselves to throw one anyway off campus.   This was late February.    10 days later, they had to put sports on hiatus and return to virtual learning as nearly half of the boys basketball team had tested positive for COVID.    But not before playing one of the private high schools.     Several dozen non-athletes also tested positive. 
    5 days after the private high school played the affluent suburb in basketball, they played the team that my co-worker's sons play for.    18, 16, 15 years old, two on the varsity, one on the JV.     Two days after this second game, the private high school had to suspend their season for 10 days, as half of the boys varsity and JV basketball teams tested positive. 
    7 days after that, all three of my co-worker's sons tested positive.   2 of the 3 were symptomatic.    Fever and lethargy for a few days.      A week after that, despite both being vaccinated, both my co-worker and his wife tested positive.     They were asymptomatic.     

In case you are still wondering why Michigan has such a high infection rate.      I actually went on spring break to get away from the outbreak.   

If they were asymptomatic and vaccinated why did they even get a test?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #441 on: April 20, 2021, 01:35:41 PM »
It is required by our employer after having a family member test positive.    Even after vaccination.     

And THAT is what you took from that post?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #442 on: April 20, 2021, 01:54:15 PM »
It is required by our employer after having a family member test positive.    Even after vaccination.     

And THAT is what you took from that post?

Sorry the background regarding the inner workings of your firehouse and a nearby affluent neighborhood didn’t really move the needle. 

But an employer requiring a Covid test after full vaccination tells me some will never let this go and grabbed my eye a little more.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #443 on: April 20, 2021, 02:20:54 PM »
It is nowhere near time to let it go.   And it is my recollection that you are a huge advocate for opening schools.  Which is one of the things driving the surge in Michigan

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #444 on: April 20, 2021, 02:25:04 PM »
It is nowhere near time to let it go.   And it is my recollection that you are a huge advocate for opening schools.  Which is one of the things driving the surge in Michigan

Absolutely a huge advocate for keeping schools open, safely (which aligns with what Papa Joe said and wants as well).  This is being done successfully all across the country, sorry that parts of Michigan are struggling with that and despite all the science suggesting it is safer and transmission lower in the school setting vs community if the recent surge is truly being driven by the school setting then they should probably go back to virtual.

Me thinks it’s not the schools causing the problem.

tower912

• All American
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 02:44:19 PM by tower912 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #448 on: April 21, 2021, 07:00:41 AM »
Chicos liked to link multiple articles in a single post.   ;)

Are you chicos?
Yep.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #449 on: April 21, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »