[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by tower912
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Liberty University  (Read 15781 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Liberty University
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2020, 03:16:47 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2020, 09:53:20 AM »
Looks like Jerry, Jr. finally found the real enemy.  The virus?  Nope.  The inconsistent messaging from the administration?  Not a chance.

The New York Times?  Ding! Ding! Ding!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/us/politics/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-coronavirus.html
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2020, 10:12:39 AM »
Looks like Jerry, Jr. finally found the real enemy.  The virus?  Nope.  The inconsistent messaging from the administration?  Not a chance.

The New York Times?  Ding! Ding! Ding!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/us/politics/jerry-falwell-liberty-university-coronavirus.html
We knew it wasn't going to be the pool boy.

This quote got me, because as any student of history knows, the real power in Nazi Germany was the media:
"The media, [Falwell] said in a radio interview with John Fredericks, who identified himself as a Trump campaign operative, “just want power, they’re authoritarian, they’re like nothing I’ve seen since, if you go back in history, to Nazi Germany. That’s what they remind me of.”

I mean, he goes full Godwin early, but completely incoherently.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 10:19:45 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2020, 11:44:25 AM »
I remember in gentler times (last year's NCAA tournament) taking grief because I said I could never root for Liberty in the tourney.   Sigh. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »
We knew it wasn't going to be the pool boy.

This quote got me, because as any student of history knows, the real power in Nazi Germany was the media:
"The media, [Falwell] said in a radio interview with John Fredericks, who identified himself as a Trump campaign operative, “just want power, they’re authoritarian, they’re like nothing I’ve seen since, if you go back in history, to Nazi Germany. That’s what they remind me of.”

I mean, he goes full Godwin early, but completely incoherently.

I so want this lawsuit to go to discovery

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2020, 07:12:37 PM »
Zero students on campus. But yeah that’s great news. A good model for other schools to follow through f they can space-wise.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2020, 07:16:53 PM »
First, I hope Falwell's idiocy and ideological war doesn't result in any of the students or employees there getting sick, dying, having lifelong lung damage, etc.

Second, if any of the above does happen, I certainly would think a lawsuit against Falwell and/or the university might have merit. He is a hateful, hurtful man who willingly used college students as pawns.

So instead of a lawsuit here maybe an apology for the jump to conclusions?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2020, 07:35:01 PM »
So instead of a lawsuit here maybe an apology for the jump to conclusions?

For what?  He clearly said he didn’t want someone to get sick and if they did a lawsuit would be in order.

Falwell is an idiot in general so that’s not something to apologize for.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2020, 07:45:26 PM »
For what?  He clearly said he didn’t want someone to get sick and if they did a lawsuit would be in order.

Falwell is an idiot in general so that’s not something to apologize for.

A broken clock is correct twice a day.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2020, 08:13:39 PM »
Happy for the students.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2020, 06:51:21 AM »
It is strange that weve heard nothing about liberty until now.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2020, 08:43:01 AM »

I don't disagree with you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2020, 09:07:48 AM »
Falwell quit staying stupid stuff and followed the pack.   No longer news.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2020, 10:27:29 AM »

No one died.  Doesnt fit the narrative.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 01:47:11 PM »

If people died I would anticipate a number of members in this thread would be doing many I TOLD YOU SO messages, or are you suggesting that would not be the case?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2020, 01:53:05 PM »
No one died.  Doesnt fit the narrative.

The narrative that it was dumb and dangerous.  Fortunately, it seems no major effects.  If liberty is telling the truth...

https://wset.com/sports/national/redskins-draft-pick-from-liberty-university-says-he-recovered-from-covid-19

(Yes, Liberty says he was not on campus, he didn't directly say he was or was not)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2020, 06:11:07 AM »
Oh, yeah.   Junior said more stupid stuff and Liberty is right back in the news.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2020, 09:31:08 AM »
An outstanding women's basketball player is leaving Liberty due to the racist culture promoted by the Falwells.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/high-school/preps-now-blog/article243485051.html

Asia Todd played her freshman season at Liberty University, located in Lynchburg, Va., but won’t return to the school due to “the racial insensitivities shown within the leadership and culture.”

The video, which lasts just over one minute, had more than 15,000 views. In a 24 hour span, Todd’s reason for transferring has been the talk of college sports, with everyone from ESPN to USA Today posting stories about it. Todd continued to voice her reasons for entering the transfer portal, saying that the racial insensitivities from the school’s leadership “did not align with my moral compass or personal conviction.”

“The systemic issues, which is racism, within the leadership at Liberty,” Todd told the News & Observer in an exclusive interview on Friday. “That led up to it (transferring).”

Todd’s announcement comes two weeks after Liberty president Jerry Falwell Jr. tweeted an image of a mask with a picture of a person in blackface and another person in KKK robes on the mask.

“That was where I draw the line,” Todd said. “Enough was enough.”

Todd, who averaged 8.6 points per game for the Flames as a freshman, was an Atlantic Sun Conference All-Freshman Team honoree. In her video message, Todd stated that her transferring from Liberty had nothing to do with the basketball program, her coaches or teammates. Todd also told the News & Observer that she didn’t have any issues on campus while at Liberty pertaining to race.

“This decision was simply bigger than basketball,” Todd said.

Good for her. A young person thinking for herself, following her truth, and acting accordingly.

The NCAA absolutely should grant her a waiver to play immediately wherever she ends up.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
Todd’s announcement comes two weeks after Liberty president Jerry Falwell Jr. tweeted an image of a mask with a picture of a person in blackface and another person in KKK robes on the mask.
I did not know he did that. I mean what in the everlasting F?????
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2020, 08:26:05 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/evangelical-liberty-u-rattled-by-its-own-racial-reckoning/ar-BB15UTFB?li=BBnbfcL

The government shall pass no laws infringing on the freedom of speech.     So, Junior is legally free to say almost any stupid thing he wants.    But words do have consequences and people are equally free to judge when stupid things are said.   

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2020, 04:10:39 PM »
Posted on social media by Jerry Falwell Jr. this weekend, and since deleted...just gonna leave it here:

https://twitter.com/RobDownenChron/status/1290134409757130754?s=19

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2020, 04:22:52 PM »
Posted on social media by Jerry Falwell Jr. this weekend, and since deleted...just gonna leave it here:

This is phenomenal Uncle Baby Billy & Tiffany inspired content.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2020, 05:24:31 PM »

Much as Falwell is a d-bag, this looks like it was done by a kid playing with PhotoShop. But, I wouldn't put it past him hangin' with young girls.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:28:29 PM by Jockey »