collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Good news/positive stories  (Read 24516 times)

jfmu

• Starter
Re: Good news/positive stories
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2020, 07:15:06 AM »
Not trying to start a giant message board fight but I find this to be positive. Over the past month or so we’ve known people who have been exposed to covid.

After second test and antibody testing of the 8 people, two had covid with minor symptoms (minor fever, cough) which were gone in 48 hours and one was asymptotic. These were three different families and only one person in each household of 5+ had.

The other 5 people were determined to have false positive tests

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2020, 07:26:14 AM »
Not trying to start a giant message board fight but I find this to be positive. Over the past month or so we’ve known people who have been exposed to covid.

After second test and antibody testing of the 8 people, two had covid with minor symptoms (minor fever, cough) which were gone in 48 hours and one was asymptotic. These were three different families and only one person in each household of 5+ had.

Nah man, that's fantastic news.  Of the people I know that were positive, all have made recoveries.  Wish it was like that for everyone.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2020, 08:41:05 AM »

No argument at all - that is GREAT news in our little message board world. Regrettably, the results (0% rate of severe illness) don't represent the bigger picture. I wish they did....

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »
3.5 weeks since this post. Florida deaths are falling just as I (and the number of new cases being reported 3.5 weeks ago) predicted. Conspiracy theory (“cases not really declining, Florida just stopped testing”) officially debunked. Good news.

I agreed with you back then...so no argument that FL has turned a corner.  However, I am not sure that we can declare Skat wrong.  The magnitude of the decline in deaths should be more with the continued decline of cases -- and now there is an uplift positive test percent too.  All not a good sign that FL has a handle on how much spread is out there.

Contrast that with TX and AZ that are seeing positivity decrease with similar to slightly lower # of tests.  Much better sign.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 09:10:54 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »
It isn't good that this 5 year old boy lost both his parents to Covid but it's nice to see the community support as they had a parade and helped him celebrate his Birthday recently:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Wellness/texas-boy-parents-died-covid-19-5th-birthday/story?id=74465968

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2020, 08:47:11 PM »
Thought I would share this cool story of a 107-year old Minnesota woman who just beat Covid. She lived through the Spanish flu pandemic (which made her parents ill), the Great Depression, several floods at her family farm, and uterine cancer in her 90s.

That’s one tough lady!

https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/107-year-old-survives-covid-19/89-f790e5a2-1911-4667-9576-f4e22171b377

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2020, 11:44:18 AM »
Neighbors surprise their UPS Driver thanking him for all his work this year especially during the pandemic:

https://www.wtvr.com/rebound/coronavirus-investigations/neighbors-surprise-kind-ups-driver-with-emotional-thank-you

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2021, 09:39:20 AM »
A French Nun Turns 117 After Knocking Down Covid-19

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/world/europe/sister-andre-covid19.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

The coronavirus swept through the nursing home last month, just as nurses began consulting residents about vaccinations; 81 of its 88 residents became infected, including Sister André, and 11 eventually died.

Mr. Tavella said that until last month no case had been detected in the nursing home since the beginning of the pandemic. Still, the outbreak was a stark reminder that the virus has been devastating in places where the most vulnerable reside, even with stringent restrictions that have turned many nursing homes in the country and elsewhere in Europe into fortresses.

Sister André remained isolated for weeks and felt a bit “patraque,” or off color, Mr. Tavella said, but she blamed the virus and not her age. She slept more than usual, but she prayed and remained asymptomatic. This week, she became the oldest known person to have survived Covid-19.

:)

feedback