collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Viper
[Today at 05:12:57 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mask Reviews  (Read 1310 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Mask Reviews
« on: February 04, 2021, 04:01:13 PM »
Given that we will likely be wearing masks for at least a few more months, I'm starting a mask review thread. Feel free to post good or bad reviews of masks you have tried.

Early in the pandemic when masks were relatively scarce and I had no idea how long it would last, my wife made a few simple homemade masks with ear loops. They are OK, but don't have bendable nose pieces and the elastic ear loops are uncomfortable. So I tried two commercially made masks....

My favorite is the Kitsbow Wake Pro-Tech mask (https://www.kitsbow.com/collections/personal-protective-equipment/products/wake-protech-reusable-face-mask?variant=32323694690339). Kitsbow is a NC company that makes mountain biking apparel, and partnered with Wake Forest Baptist Health to design this mask. It is made in the USA. The mask has three layers for safety (a cotton inner layer, a permanent filter middle layer, and a polyester outer layer), adjustable drawcords that go around your neck and head for comfort, and an adjustable nose piece to help it fit snugly. I like this mask enough that I just ordered a second.

My wife's favorite is the Tom Bihn V3 reusable mask (https://www.tombihn.com/collections/facemasks/products/3layermask?variant=32525238960191). Tom Bihn makes backpacks in Seattle, where it also makes these masks. This mask likewise has three layers (no filter), a cord that goes around the neck, adjustable ear loops, and an adjustable nose piece. It is a very well-made mask, but I learned that I just don't like ear loops, even when they are adjustable. My wife prefers them, and has three of these masks.

Hope this helps if some are still looking for the perfect mask. Feel free to add other reviews...or maybe just do the Scoop thing and take the thread on a wild ride...  ;)

Warriors4ever

• All American
Re: Mask Reviews
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 04:15:37 PM »
Interestingl. Most of mine have been made by friends. Early on I bought some from a company called Casetify, and they are very comfortable but do not have the nose wire, which is necessary for me, so now I am using those as my outer layer when I double mask with a disposable one.  I also early on bought some basic ones from a dry cleaner, they are pretty thin, but I found that they were good for walking around the neighborhood in the summer.
But as I said, the ones I wear now were made by friends, mostly. I also have the blue disposable ones.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 04:18:05 PM »
I really like the Under Armour masks.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 05:10:35 PM »
I wear a lot of medical masks for every day use.

When exercising, working out, playing sports, I use the Adidas Masks most often because earlier in the Pandemic, they came in a 3 pack for $20 or so. And I ordered some of those. I almost got the Under Armour ones instead. The Adidas Masks are fine overall.

They are very soft, comfortable over your face. Very snug fit. You will not be doing much adjusting.

The elastic straps would be the one component that some might have an issue with. The straps are pretty short, but strong, that fit tight over the ears. This is uncomfortable for some and a deal breaker.

It will get drenched in sweat after prolonged rigorous athletic use. (which is fine and part of playing sports). It dries quickly and washes well. Despite no specific piece for your nose, the mask fits well there too. i do not need to adjust the mask with my hand while wearing it. It doesn't move much on your face.

Easy machine wash, and either dryer or air dry, are fine. Both methods of drying maintains shape and quality. It's 2 layers of fabric, 93% recycled polyester and 7% elastane. Overall, a solid sports mask, good value. I am sure there are a some better ones, such as Under Armour which I have.heard are among the best. But it does its job fine.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 05:12:22 PM by shoothoops »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 05:59:36 PM »
I really like the Under Armour masks.

It seems like the UA masks are hit and miss with people. I'm looking for a good one for workouts that I won't inhale when I'm on a tread.  So far the best for that has been the disposable masks, but they get damp easily.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”