[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories: COVID-19 Edition  (Read 24824 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Conspiracy Theories: COVID-19 Edition
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2020, 01:18:33 PM »
That article is aggressively presumptive and offensive.  I know you're a loud and proud atheist, but you can't be stupid enough to believe that many Christians, bible thumping or otherwise, actively cheer for and breathlessly await the end of the world.  Tossing in Israel policy as a sweetener was a nice touch.

Pretending thats anything other than a loose theory and actually totally factual is just agenda driven.  There is a HUGE gap between "evangelical that believes in the Book of Revelation" and "actively looks forward to end times and make policy decisions to hasten it".  The article takes politician pandering to be absolutely literal.  The same people that say "Bernie isn't a communist, its just references" have no issue saying Pence is a David Koresh-level religious wackjob based on a few statements.

I think Pompeo and Pence have personal viewpoints that are extreme and obnoxious, but lets have some grain of salt here.

I actually am not a "loud and proud atheist." I am not ashamed of my atheism one iota because, for me, disbelief is more logical than faith in a supreme being. But I only bring it up on Scoop when a handful of folks here try to use it as an insult. Also, I didn't post the article in question.

As for the point you are making, no, I don't "believe that many Christians, bible thumping or otherwise, actively cheer for and breathlessly await the end of the world." Almost everybody I know identifies as a Christian, and I don't know that a single one of them has such a belief.

However, I do feel (and I think evidence supports) that this president -- who actually has referred to himself as "The Chosen One" -- HAS brought in just those kinds of extreme, dangerous people to serve as his top advisers. Many of them DO look forward to the End Times, and just about all of them actively hate the very groups you mentioned to tower.

Even those who, for some reason, don't think we need separation of church and state ... I hope they at least do believe we need separation of state from extreme, dangerous, bigoted people -- regardless of those people's faith or lack thereof.

I wish you good fortune.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2020, 04:09:02 PM »
Bunch of YouTube videos out there now of idiots visiting hospitals to "prove" they are really not that busy.  In some they show how busy hospitals where in like, 2019,  and comparing to now.

So all non-life threatening surgeries have been re-scheduled.  Idiots who would normally show up to the hospital for nothing,  are not showing up for fear of getting the virus.  There are no family members/friends of patients milling about anymore.  Many hospital office worker staff working from home.

It is sad that most of these videos are from Americans.  A few Australians but mainly Americans.

:-[

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2020, 04:47:20 PM »
Bunch of YouTube videos out there now of idiots visiting hospitals to "prove" they are really not that busy.  In some they show how busy hospitals where in like, 2019,  and comparing to now.

So all non-life threatening surgeries have been re-scheduled.  Idiots who would normally show up to the hospital for nothing,  are not showing up for fear of getting the virus.  There are no family members/friends of patients milling about anymore.  Many hospital office worker staff working from home.

It is sad that most of these videos are from Americans.  A few Australians but mainly Americans.

:-[

"Idiots" is a well-chosen word, Dano.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2020, 04:50:17 PM »
Get this:  I've seen a few videos on YouTube describing thousands of kidnapped children being freed from their underground cages over Easter Weekend where they were held for years (or decades) as sex slaves and to provide adrenochrome for the worldwide pedophile network.  These underground tunnels are under Central Park, under the Denver Airport, and all over the world.  The COVID-19 stay-at-home orders are in place so that the children can be freed without opposition and so no mass shootings can be false-flagged as a national distraction because no large groups are gathering anywhere.  Once the children are freed, all of the pedos will be arrested, from Bill Gates to the Clintons, Bush, the Pope, and many Hollywood elites. 

I did not make this up.  But apparently some people actually believe it.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2020, 04:51:41 PM »
Get this:  I've seen a few videos on YouTube describing thousands of kidnapped children being freed from their underground cages over Easter Weekend where they were held for years (or decades) as sex slaves and to provide adrenochrome for the worldwide pedophile network.  These underground tunnels are under Central Park, under the Denver Airport, and all over the world.  The COVID-19 stay-at-home orders are in place so that the children can be freed without opposition and so no mass shootings can be false-flagged as a national distraction because no large groups are gathering anywhere.  Once the children are freed, all of the pedos will be arrested, from Bill Gates to the Clintons, Bush, the Pope, and many Hollywood elites. 

Q’Anon

Quite scary.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2020, 04:53:45 PM »
And then, as the theory goes, after the arrests we will all be free to go on with our lives, because the whole virus thing is a big hoax in order to execute the plan.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 04:57:19 PM »
If they were held for decades, they are no longer children.  And it has been fairly clearly established that there is a lot whackadoodle out there.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2020, 05:02:19 PM »

Not only believe it, there are folks pushing this.  Remember Pizzagate? This is part of that.

"Throughout October and November 2016, WikiLeaks had published John Podesta's emails. Proponents of the theory read the emails and alleged they contained code words for pedophilia and human trafficking.[2][13] Proponents also claimed that Comet Ping Pong was a meeting ground for Satanic ritual abuse.[14]

"The story was later posted on fake news websites, beginning with Your News Wire, which cited a 4chan post from earlier that year.[12] The Your News Wire article was subsequently spread by pro-Trump websites, including SubjectPolitics.com, which added the claim that the NYPD had raided Hillary Clinton's property.[12] The Conservative Daily Post ran a headline claiming the Federal Bureau of Investigation had confirmed the theory.[15]

The story was picked up by other fake-news websites like InfoWars, Planet Free Will,[10] and The Vigilant Citizen,[16][17] and was promoted by alt-right activists such as Mike Cernovich, Brittany Pettibone, and Jack Posobiec. <snip> Members of the Reddit community /r/The_Donald created the /r/pizzagate subreddit to further develop the conspiracy theory.

Some of Pizzagate's proponents, including David Seaman and Michael G. Flynn (Michael Flynn's son), have evolved the conspiracy into a broader government conspiracy called "Pedogate". According to this theory, a "satanic cabal of elites" of the New World Order operates international child sex trafficking rings.[27]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzagate_conspiracy_theory
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2020, 05:45:41 PM »
I'm personally glad these type of people exist - makes all the rest of us be able to claim that we're perfectly normal!

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2020, 05:56:37 PM »
I'm personally glad these type of people exist - makes all the rest of us be able to claim that we're perfectly normal!

that's like the old Henny Youngman joke:

How's your wife, Henny?

Relative to who?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2020, 06:02:49 PM »
Not only believe it, there are folks pushing this.  Remember Pizzagate? This is part of that.

"Throughout October and November 2016, WikiLeaks had published John Podesta's emails. Proponents of the theory read the emails and alleged they contained code words for pedophilia and human trafficking.[2][13] Proponents also claimed that Comet Ping Pong was a meeting ground for Satanic ritual abuse.[14]

"The story was later posted on fake news websites, beginning with Your News Wire, which cited a 4chan post from earlier that year.[12] The Your News Wire article was subsequently spread by pro-Trump websites, including SubjectPolitics.com, which added the claim that the NYPD had raided Hillary Clinton's property.[12] The Conservative Daily Post ran a headline claiming the Federal Bureau of Investigation had confirmed the theory.[15]

The story was picked up by other fake-news websites like InfoWars, Planet Free Will,[10] and The Vigilant Citizen,[16][17] and was promoted by alt-right activists such as Mike Cernovich, Brittany Pettibone, and Jack Posobiec. <snip> Members of the Reddit community /r/The_Donald created the /r/pizzagate subreddit to further develop the conspiracy theory.

Some of Pizzagate's proponents, including David Seaman and Michael G. Flynn (Michael Flynn's son), have evolved the conspiracy into a broader government conspiracy called "Pedogate". According to this theory, a "satanic cabal of elites" of the New World Order operates international child sex trafficking rings.[27]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzagate_conspiracy_theory

Isn't it obvious that this virus was created by Hillary in the pizzeria basement where she experimented on kidnapped children till she got the virus just right?

I mean, Duh......

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2020, 06:10:09 PM »
I miss the days when conspiracy theorists were broadly dismissed as fringe crazy’s.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2020, 06:16:21 PM »
I miss the days when conspiracy theorists were broadly dismissed as fringe crazy’s.

I miss the days when folks like the John Birch Society were dismissed as fringe crazy's. Now they're running the government. Waiting for trump to blame everything on water fluoridation. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2020, 06:25:25 PM »

You are the ring leader of Scoop. You are anything but normal  ;D

tower912

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2020, 06:46:55 PM »
I miss the days when folks like the John Birch Society were dismissed as fringe crazy's. Now they're running the government. Waiting for trump to blame everything on water fluoridation.
Bircher's, Larouchies...   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2020, 08:44:40 PM »
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-call-investigations-bill-melinda-gates-foundation-medical-malpractice-crimes-against-humanity

You can actually petition the Whitehouse for this conspiracy theory. It's all Bill Gates fault and part of his evil plan. Almost 18,000 signatures already.

Sadly, saw this petition, because someone I went to high school with...who is now a medical doctor, shared it on facebook. He thoroughly believes that Bill Gates with the support of the US government planted this in China. They already have vaccines but are just waiting with them, so that eventually the can vaccinate the world in a giant plot to reduce world population.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2020, 08:59:13 PM »
Isn't it obvious that this virus was created by Hillary in the pizzeria basement where she experimented on kidnapped children till she got the virus just right?

I mean, Duh......
Ah yes, remember how all the nefarious activities we taking place in the pizzeria's basement...until it was pointed out to the conspiracy theorists that the place didn't even have a basement.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2020, 10:50:05 PM »
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-call-investigations-bill-melinda-gates-foundation-medical-malpractice-crimes-against-humanity

You can actually petition the Whitehouse for this conspiracy theory. It's all Bill Gates fault and part of his evil plan. Almost 18,000 signatures already.

Sadly, saw this petition, because someone I went to high school with...who is now a medical doctor, shared it on facebook. He thoroughly believes that Bill Gates with the support of the US government planted this in China. They already have vaccines but are just waiting with them, so that eventually the can vaccinate the world in a giant plot to reduce world population.

When the prez retweets QAnon, it is no surprise that his rubes believe this stuff.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2020, 09:40:03 AM »
While walking my dog every day, I witness people driving their car by themselves wearing a mask, or walking their dog in a quiet neighborhood wearing a mask, or taking out the trash bin wearing a mask.

Depends on your definition but I'd certainly categorize that at conspiracy theory-level (at least extreme disinformation & hysteria)... This is not The Happening, the virus is not just circulating with the breeze once you exit your house.

Not only that but cloth masks only provide about 3% protection from GETTING the virus... So even if it was circulating in your car as you drive alone, you'll be losing your sense of smell (or walking backwards?!) in a few days anyway.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2020, 09:45:42 AM »
While walking my dog every day, I witness people driving their car by themselves wearing a mask, or walking their dog in a quiet neighborhood wearing a mask, or taking out the trash bin wearing a mask.

Depends on your definition but I'd certainly categorize that at conspiracy theory-level (at least extreme disinformation & hysteria)... This is not The Happening, the virus is not just circulating with the breeze once you exit your house.

Not only that but cloth masks only provide about 3% protection from GETTING the virus... So even if it was circulating in your car as you drive alone, you'll be losing your sense of smell (or walking backwards?!) in a few days anyway.

We noticed that, too, the last couple of days. Decidedly weird. You're alone. There's nobody within 100 feet of you, or more. You don't need a mask. You might as well wear camo and a bulletproof vest.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2020, 09:47:53 AM »

I can report the same here in Connecticut.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2020, 09:49:29 AM »
I can report the same here in Connecticut.

I saw someone social distance A car on a walk late last week (6 foot berth). Everyone is on edge for sure!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »
We noticed that, too, the last couple of days. Decidedly weird. You're alone. There's nobody within 100 feet of you, or more. You don't need a mask. You might as well wear camo and a bulletproof vest.

Went for a walk in NYC the other day, along the Hudson.  Low traffic, people are single file more or less, VERY easy to stay 10 feet from others, much less 6 feet, and I saw 2 separate people verbally chided for not wearing a mask by others.  I was baffled.

Then again, we have people being pulled over for "non-essential driving" cause being alone or with a family member in a car is pumping the virus out into the ether I suppose.  When you get large concern with an often uninformed populous, you get silly season in some ways.  Both overly cautious and overly reckless

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »

So its messaging, or people are just stupid.  Hold up, its both.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2020, 11:42:13 AM »

While you are correct about the silly behavior, in their defense they probably just put the mask on when they leave home and don’t remove it until they return.

feedback