[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 315247 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2020, 10:53:03 AM »
Given a choice between health catastrophe and economic catastrophe, you say ... eh, flip a coin?

The economic can also lead to other health catastrophic events. Crime. Suicide. Depression for starters. Again, no easy choice in the future.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2020, 10:53:56 AM »
Britt Hume has joined the "Let Old People Die" brigade, I see.

He's 76, so I assume when the time comes he will just die at home instead of heading to the hospital for a ventilator.

Sorta like Hannity and his water boarding.

Real tough guys until they're made to put their money where their mouth is.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2020, 10:59:21 AM »
The economic can also lead to other health catastrophic events. Crime. Suicide. Depression for starters. Again, no easy choice in the future.

Less likely if you enhance the safety net.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2020, 11:22:11 AM »

Crime rates fell during the Great Recession.
As for suicide, is the argument that we should let Person A die from illness now so that Person B might be less inclined to kill himself in the future?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2020, 11:46:13 AM »
Thank you mods, for removing posts wishing death for some. Has NO place here!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »
Some in the Wisconsin Senate and Assembly think they should have the power to make the decision on closings or stay-at-home edicts on coronavirus - not the governor.

I expect we will see this before long in other states as well.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2020, 04:41:33 PM »
Some in the Wisconsin Senate and Assembly think they should have the power to make the decision on closings or stay-at-home edicts on coronavirus - not the governor.

I expect we will see this before long in other states as well.

Kansas removed power from the governor last week

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2020, 06:05:47 PM »
. Underrated WI company

Not by those who follow Charlie Berens.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2020, 09:55:11 PM »
Looks like the “mod” erased a fair amount of posts. True colors exposed in difficult times. Actually, the lack of respect was exposed whenever certain people do not like a post.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2020, 11:21:24 PM »
Looks like the “mod” erased a fair amount of posts. True colors exposed in difficult times. Actually, the lack of respect was exposed whenever certain people do not like a post.

WTF are you bellyaching about? There was one post on this thread by Jockey I deleted today.  One! None of the other mods touched this thread either. I'll post the rest of MY moderation from the COVID-19 thread so you can audit my biases. Don't be an idiot goose, you're better than this.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:23:58 PM by rocky_warrior »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2020, 11:30:06 PM »
WTF are you bellyaching about? There was one post on this thread by Jockey I deleted today.  One! None of the other mods touched this thread either. I'll post the rest of MY moderation from the COVID-19 thread so you can audit my biases. Don't be an idiot goose, you're better than this.

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2020, 12:01:00 AM »

I'll verify what Rocky is saying. I didn't think my post was out of line, but it's his board and I will respect his decisions on any of my posts whether I agree or disagree with that decision..

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2020, 01:39:28 AM »

Weird...reminded me of some nasty blackouts a long time ago
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »
rocky

Ok

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2020, 01:36:27 PM »
Not by those who follow Charlie Berens.

Keep er movin

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2020, 09:07:19 PM »

Red, white, and blue for hope.

Source: TMJ4

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2020, 09:19:14 PM »

Red, white, and blue for hope.

Source: TMJ4
Hopefull

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2020, 10:55:15 PM »
Ok.my family has been on stay at home for 2 full weeks.  I dont think any of us caught it.  (Maybe real minor for me, could also be seasonal allergies kicking in.)

So, thinking we are safe from having it.  (Realize that going to the store is a new possible exposure every time.)

How much longer do we have to wait in Wisconsin for a projected all clear?  I know the governor's order says end of april,  but is that realistic still with the actual spread in WI?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2020, 11:06:39 PM »
Ok.my family has been on stay at home for 2 full weeks.  I dont think any of us caught it.  (Maybe real minor for me, could also be seasonal allergies kicking in.)

So, thinking we are safe from having it.  (Realize that going to the store is a new possible exposure every time.)

How much longer do we have to wait in Wisconsin for a projected all clear?  I know the governor's order says end of april,  but is that realistic still with the actual spread in WI?

Realistically, an all clear when we have a vaccine in 12-15 months.

Before then, you just may have less risk at different times.

Not trying to be pessimistic, just the reality of the situation given that we do not have the means to suppress this in the ways China did.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2020, 12:10:28 AM »
Realistically, an all clear when we have a vaccine in 12-15 months.

Before then, you just may have less risk at different times.

Not trying to be pessimistic, just the reality of the situation given that we do not have the means to suppress this in the ways China did.

We know how the line on the graph moves. Been almost the same everywhere and it is just starting to take off in Wisconsin. Cases have gone up by 150% in the last 5 days. They are probably going to continue that trends for weeks yet. As of now, I see no way the order will be lifted anytime soon. I'm just hoping the stay at home order slows things enough so it can be at least partially lifted by April 24.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2020, 05:11:06 AM »

We still don't have our testing up and running.  Just had an employee text last night that he was around his friend last weekend who is now suspected of having it and is being told to self isolate.

Related note, this won't be the last of this discussion with that employee regarding this.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2020, 02:40:00 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/life/2020/03/27/coronavirus-couple-flees-manhattan-have-baby-milwaukee/2924843001/

I’ve got mixed feelings about this story.  If she were my daughter, I would be glad to have her out of harms way.  But if she were my daughter I would be not happy that she is broadcasting her activities to the whole world.  And her relatives moving to their place in Door County to accommodate her potentially strains healthcare in Sturgeon Bay.  Plus she better be careful in those gas station rest rooms.
Ludum habemus.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:22 PM »
It's been news here.  New York City prople have been arriving at their Connecticut shoreline summer homes well ahead of summer obviously.

feedback