collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mental Health  (Read 12611 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Mental Health
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 07:55:09 AM »

Gotta admit, when I see your full name, I read it with a long "O" sound as in "Go Marquette!"  When you include only the first part, I read it...well...differently.

Never even thought about it, but I see what you mean.

GooooMarquette

;)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 09:32:34 PM »
coleman-wishing you all the best!

it takes a strong person to admit he/she is weak.  good on you to seek out the type of help you need rather than trying to "self-help".  you will come out of this a stronger,  better person for you first, allowing you to continue to be a good person, husband and father.  one minute, one hour, one day at a time.  tamu had the message at the bottom of his posts that says it all-prayers coming your way man!   
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 09:46:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing Coleman.  I’m hoping/praying for the best for you and your family.

Not to take away from your story, but I have my first kid on the way in less then a month and she’s going to have some medical problems.  I don’t think I ever really realized what stress was until hearing my daughter may not be able to walk.

There’s no amount of money, items, knowledge, etc that can help when you realize you cannot control someone else’s health, it’s really a helpless feeling.

Just know that I truly will be thinking of you, and although you don’t know me, please feel free to reach out anytime and I’ll help in anyway I can.  Even if it’s just listening, I’m more then happy to help.  Friends seem harder to come by as one ages, and I’m in the camp that believes you can always use friends in life.

-J

wow, the cancelation of everything has given me some time to review stuff-just saw this BR.  let us know if you need any help.  as contentious as scoop can sometimes become, it can also be a place where we can put our differences aside and come together as you and coleman have shown here.  it's threads like these that make us forget some of the "wars" being waged on the other threads and somehow give scoop some legitimate value.

keep us up to date BR-you know where to find us 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2020, 07:34:55 AM »
rocket

Totally agree. I personally have received unbelievable compassion, advice and support from fellow scoopers over the years. Everyone jumps on Cheeks, but he is one of a kind when it comes to being supportive. The original four MS gang has been there many times for me, and many of my foes on Scoop have as well. We all have each other’s back on here.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 11:21:31 AM »

Never even thought about it, but I see what you mean.

GooooMarquette

;)

And here I was thinking all along that Goooom was Alexis’s stage name or something. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2020, 04:20:02 PM »
rocket

Totally agree. I personally have received unbelievable compassion, advice and support from fellow scoopers over the years. Everyone jumps on Cheeks, but he is one of a kind when it comes to being supportive. The original four MS gang has been there many times for me, and many of my foes on Scoop have as well. We all have each other’s back on here.

What has cheeks actually done to support you?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2020, 05:31:54 PM »
What has cheeks actually done to support you?

you don't know cheeks-he is actually a really good guy off the board. he actually makes me chuckle with his postings.  smart guy.  sometimes i think he's just having fun.  many times as we've messaged, the first thing he asks is how my wife and dad are as he knows the background.  he's confided in me regarding some really tough times he has gone thru as well.  i understand many here only know him for his postings, but behind all that is another great MU warrior

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2020, 06:34:41 PM »
rocket is right, he’s actually a decent guy. Just not as an online persona.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2020, 12:12:10 AM »
rocket is right, he’s actually a decent guy. Just not as an online persona.

You’ve met in real life?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2020, 04:21:17 AM »
Keith

I feel zero need to share examples of Chico’s kindness with you. Seriously, was your question needed? Why the fxxk would you feel the need to question my comment? Difficult times in fellow scoopers lives, difficult times in the world and you want to know why I said Chico’s has provided me support.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2020, 06:46:28 PM »
Keith

I feel zero need to share examples of Chico’s kindness with you. Seriously, was your question needed? Why the fxxk would you feel the need to question my comment? Difficult times in fellow scoopers lives, difficult times in the world and you want to know why I said Chico’s has provided me support.

Just curious, strange that my question would cause an angry reply.  I happen to think being kind on a message board to strangers doesn't make up for treating people like garbage in real life.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2020, 08:39:47 PM »
Just curious, strange that my question would cause an angry reply.  I happen to think being kind on a message board to strangers doesn't make up for treating people like garbage in real life.

Huh?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2020, 08:48:39 PM »

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2020, 09:19:49 PM »
That’s what some people do online.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2020, 09:47:07 PM »
That’s what some people do online.

context and semantics my man.  your question came off as why the he!! would anyone even like this guy?  and besides, you asked so we told you

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2020, 10:16:20 PM »
So here's our mental health improvement plan:

Virtual dinners with another couple.   You each cook yourself dinner, glass of wine, and fire up Skype.  Chat.

It might be stupid, but .. it's better than turning into axe murderers from the isolation.   

(Also, fyi, Ace Hardware is out of axes.)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2020, 10:39:28 PM »
So here's our mental health improvement plan:

Virtual dinners with another couple.   You each cook yourself dinner, glass of wine, and fire up Skype.  Chat.

It might be stupid, but .. it's better than turning into axe murderers from the isolation.   

(Also, fyi, Ace Hardware is out of axes.)

Why you giving dinner recommendations when we didn’t axe you for them?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2020, 11:23:02 PM »
Maybe I’m being overly positive here as an unintended consequence of all this, but maybe people will come out of this as better communicators and nicer to each other?

I’ve called my parents every day since Wednesday to check in on them (they are both 70 and otherwise fine). Typically maybe I text them a few times a week, maybe call once. I went through my phone this weekend and texted people I hadn’t communicated with in a long time to see how they’re doing.

I’m by no means trying to self pay myself on the back, but rather trying to say that in the wake of everything slowing down, I’ve found it easier to focus on communication more.

Now a week from now after being held up inside with my wife and three kids, I’ll probably be singing a different tune.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2020, 08:51:26 AM »
I’ve called my parents every day since Wednesday to check in on them (they are both 70 and otherwise fine). Typically maybe I text them a few times a week, maybe call once. I went through my phone this weekend and texted people I hadn’t communicated with in a long time to see how they’re doing.

Unfortunately my interactions with my folks have only increased my anxiety. They're being idiots about this.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2020, 09:18:03 AM »
Unfortunately my interactions with my folks have only increased my anxiety. They're being idiots about this.

My inlaws are too.  Both in their 70s with high risk health concerns. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2020, 10:49:30 AM »
My inlaws are too.  Both in their 70s with high risk health concerns.

My in-laws are in their late 60s with high risk health issues too.

Mother-in-law was volunteering on playground duty for recess at my niece's school as recent as Thursday.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »
I was doing the pharmacy run for my mom yesterday and will be doing the grocery run for her sometime this week.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2020, 10:53:12 AM »
I just cancelled a Board committee meeting for a local museum where there was a request for people to respond to the sender if “comfortable” meeting in person. 

People well over 60 unanimously ‘replying to all’ saying they want to meet. 

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2020, 10:31:09 PM »
My in-laws are in their late 60s with high risk health issues too.

Mother-in-law was volunteering on playground duty for recess at my niece's school as recent as Thursday.

In-laws just flew in yesterday. They were supposed to come two weeks from now for the birth of our daughter April 2, but came earlier.   

They’re now living with us for the next 1.5 months minimum.  1 night so far, and I’m losing it already..

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2020, 10:58:24 PM »
In-laws just flew in yesterday. They were supposed to come two weeks from now for the birth of our daughter April 2, but came earlier.   

They’re now living with us for the next 1.5 months minimum.  1 night so far, and I’m losing it already..

Leave your copy of Hustler in the guest bathroom, just to show them who's house it really is.