[Today at 02:05:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

How concerned are you about another late season collapse?

Chicken Little (the sky is falling)
16 (8.2%)
Concerned. Georgetown is must-win.
117 (59.7%)
Mildly concerned. Is always better to win but every team has a skid.
51 (26%)
Chicos. (This is fine)
3 (1.5%)
Arbys
9 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author Topic: Concern re: Late Season Collapse  (Read 15214 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Concern re: Late Season Collapse
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2020, 10:39:25 AM »
Seems Presutti is tired of Scoop.

See the story: https://www.instagram.com/jakepresutti/?hl=en
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2020, 10:40:24 AM »
I see 5 out of 121 predicted 17-20 wins on Tower's prediction poll from 10/23. SO MANY! https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59180.0
Of those 5, I was one of them - been sticking with 19 wins all season and I thought then as well as now that 19 was in NCAAs. It depends all on who those 19 wins are against, so predicting NIT from 17-20 wins was a poor assumption in the first place
I like how 2 people voted "Chicos" in this poll. Makes ya wonder...

????   I don’t understand your last line at all.

Also, not everyone voted.  Happy to pull up more than 5 people that in their comments alone said we would not make the NCAAs...either they voted one way and spoke another, or they didn’t vote at all.   I know I didn’t vote because it allows me to vote now if I do choose.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2020, 10:43:46 AM »

I’m glad they are rallying around each other....I’ll bet the boos motivate them on Wednesday.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2020, 10:48:34 AM »
I’m glad they are rallying around each other....I’ll bet the boos motivate them on Wednesday.

The fanbase is so damn entitled sometimes. We all want them to play the best, but booing for a tournament team is dumb.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »
And yet they continue to surprise teams and play hard.  There are no givens in this league.  Bad Reporter thinks we will lose.  So do others.  I think we will win.

And yes, I think it is a must win.   Stay Angry Lenny....I love it...your intensity...I can feel it.  Your game face is on.

Jack "Goose" Givens played in the SEC.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2020, 10:54:58 AM »

For those of us without social media what does it say?
Maigh Eo for Sam

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2020, 11:10:25 AM »
For those of us without social media what does it say?

Seems to be a markus quote: "All I know is we are going to be fine. A lot of people can talk down and say this, say that. We're sticking together as a team. Of course we need to get off to better starts. We need to do a better job of working hard on offense. But no matter what anybody says, no matter what the outcome is, we're sticking together as a team. Nothing is going to separate us. So the students better stfu in the intros and the sweaters vests actually stand up every so often to cheer at a game."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »

Presutti's wife is a babe. Good man.

Death on call

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2020, 11:11:56 AM »
Seems to be a markus quote: "All I know is we are going to be fine. A lot of people can talk down and say this, say that. We're sticking together as a team. Of course we need to get off to better starts. We need to do a better job of working hard on offense. But no matter what anybody says, no matter what the outcome is, we're sticking together as a team. Nothing is going to separate us. So the students better stfu in the intros and the sweaters vests actually stand up every so often to cheer at a game."

Thanks
Maigh Eo for Sam

1SE

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2020, 04:07:05 PM »
And many here predicted a bottom half finish and maybe the NIT.

90%+ of Scoop said NCAA or better or Wojo should see the door at the start of the season. I don't know if 10% is "many".
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2020, 04:23:01 PM »
90%+ of Scoop said NCAA or better or Wojo should see the door at the start of the season. I don't know if 10% is "many".

Yet here we are, meeting expectations and maybe exceeding them, and we're getting cries for his head.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
Yet here we are, meeting expectations and maybe exceeding them, and we're getting cries for his head.

Therein lies the insanity

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2020, 05:15:28 PM »

Bingo.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2020, 05:25:28 PM »
Yes, yes. Blowing expectations out of the water, truly. Good chance of seeing the 8/9 matchup and stuck in the quagmire of the middle of the Big East with an NPOY candidate.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2020, 05:34:51 PM »
Yes, yes. Blowing expectations out of the water, truly. Good chance of seeing the 8/9 matchup and stuck in the quagmire of the middle of the Big East with an NPOY candidate.
Wait the season out debby

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2020, 05:39:39 PM »

Given that the Big East is at worst the 2nd best conference in the country this year...I am not certain you understand what a quagmire is.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2020, 09:31:37 PM »

False

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2020, 10:01:55 PM »
And many here predicted a bottom half finish and maybe the NIT.

95.9% predicted a minimum of 21 wins prior to the NCAA tourney. (21 wins is very safely in)

57.8% said a minimum of 24 wins - which would mean we’d have to win out - 4regular seasons win and a Big East tournament title.

So barring a 7-0 finish most Scoopers will be disappointed and feel we underachieved. If we only win 3 before the NCAAs virtually all of Scoop will feel that way. Pomeroy (who had us ranked #17) will agree.

Put another way - you’re full of it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2020, 10:04:18 PM »
95.9% predicted a minimum of 21 wins prior to the NCAA tourney. (21 wins is very safely in)

57.8% said a minimum of 24 wins - which would mean we’d have to win out - 4regular seasons win and a Big East tournament title.

So barring a 7-0 finish most Scoopers will be disappointed and feel we underachieved. If we only win 3 before the NCAAs virtually all of Scoop will feel that way. Pomeroy (who had us ranked #17) will agree.

Put another way - you’re full of it.

False

Absolutely false.  Lots of people didn’t even vote.  In fact the usual negative Nancy barrage didn’t even come around until after a few losses after being quiet for months....in their posts they had no problem saying we wouldn’t even make the NIT, etc.  Good try...love your intensity.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:10:30 PM by Cheeks »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2020, 11:05:49 PM »
False

Absolutely false.  Lots of people didn’t even vote.  In fact the usual negative Nancy barrage didn’t even come around until after a few losses after being quiet for months....in their posts they had no problem saying we wouldn’t even make the NIT, etc.  Good try...love your intensity.

You say false. Absolutely false even. What that I asserted was false? Specifics? You offer zero refutation to any of the facts. Because there are none. The discussion was about expectations before the season, not how Scoopers felt a third, half or two thirds into the season. And the facts are irrefutable  -  a solid majority thought we were headed for 24+ wins and all but one single handful predicted at least 21+. So (fact, not opinion) going into the season Scoop was more optimistic than what our record indicates at this point.

But, but, not everyone voted...maybe those who didn’t vote would have voted that we would suck. Could an argument be any more pathetic than that?

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2020, 11:14:48 PM »

And it seems “us against the world” way of motivation is being taken by the coaching staff. 

Koby posted something today saying “they love you today and hate you tomorrow, just make sure you get paid both days”

I hope they don’t LOOSE.  ;)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2020, 11:17:46 PM »

Koby posted something today saying “they love you today and hate you tomorrow, just make sure you get paid both days”

Squirmy.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2020, 11:19:53 PM »
Squirmy.

I hear you.  In his defense, he was quoting Connor Mcgregor if that helps

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2020, 12:04:03 AM »
I hear you.  In his defense, he was quoting Connor Mcgregor if that helps

Somehow more squirmy

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2020, 12:14:03 AM »
You say false. Absolutely false even. What that I asserted was false? Specifics? You offer zero refutation to any of the facts. Because there are none. The discussion was about expectations before the season, not how Scoopers felt a third, half or two thirds into the season. And the facts are irrefutable  -  a solid majority thought we were headed for 24+ wins and all but one single handful predicted at least 21+. So (fact, not opinion) going into the season Scoop was more optimistic than what our record indicates at this point.

But, but, not everyone voted...maybe those who didn’t vote would have voted that we would suck. Could an argument be any more pathetic than that?

You said 95.9% predicted...that is false.  That’s why I said it.  False, absolutely false.  If you want to say in a small poll what some said...sure...but that’s not what you said.  Again, it was false...absolutely false.  You are welcome. 

What’s more you say....well this.  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58556.0

We had this thread where peoplE freelanced their choices...did you go through each one?  We had another thread that asked for people to pick a range of wins.  We then had another thread after the season started if people wanted to reevaluate.  So which one Lenny?  Shall I go on?  You are welcome.