Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Trap Game  (Read 23293 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Trap Game
« on: January 30, 2020, 10:28:49 AM »
Biggest game of the year Saturday.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Trap Game
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 10:36:31 AM »
I would hope not since it's a sell out. (Few singles left)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 10:42:00 AM »
Meh.

Ain’t no trap

They know they gotta win and that Markus may not be around
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 10:45:27 AM »
DePaul gave Seaton  Hall  a scare last night.  You cannot look past DePaul. They are fast and rebound well. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 10:45:51 AM »
I don't think DePaul is sneaking up on anybody this year.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 10:48:01 AM »

There is not a single trap game in the BE. Every game is a battle.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 10:50:36 AM »
This game seems like one where Jayce will struggle vs Reed or Butz playing. That's really my biggest concern.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 10:53:36 AM »
DePaul can look really good at times, like last night, then Moore turns it over about 10 times, then they are bad.  Very athletic, have to jump on them right away as they
seem to melt as the game goes on.  Not worried about Butz but Reed can be a load.  Need Howard otherwise it will be a real challenge.  There do for a victory sooner
then later.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 10:53:53 AM »
Huge game. Team is home for almost two weeks now with only 2 games to play in that span. Good chance to recover from injuries and get the legs back. It would be a very long 8 days if MU loses on Saturday.

teamdeee

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 11:00:25 AM »
time to toughen up.   

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 11:11:50 AM »
Cheekyu may have 200 reasons to back DePaul.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 11:27:12 AM »
Trap game for me. This will allow Cheeks to get back in the betting

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 11:48:11 AM »
Let's set some low expectations so we can justify a potential loss at home to DePaul.

Give me a break.  No such thing as a trap game in Big East.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 11:52:03 AM »
Don't think it's a trap game. It's a tough game coming off a 2OT road game and playing 2.5 days later. We don't play for 8 days after DePaul. Not a trap game, nothing to look ahead to.

If we don't play we'll we can absolutely lose, as Butler, Iowa, Minnesota and TTU found out. DePaul isn't a great matchup for us but it's a game we need to win assuming Markus is playing.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »
Meh.

Ain’t no trap

They know they gotta win and that Markus may not be around

Yep,  Elementary 
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

muguru

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2020, 12:06:59 PM »
Let's set some low expectations so we can justify a potential loss at home to DePaul.

Give me a break.  No such thing as a trap game in Big East.

+1 a Scoop requirement it seems. lower expectations so when a loss happens, they can fling excuses left and right. In this instance the #1 thing would be playing without Markus(if that happens). never mind, it's at home, never mind DePaul has 1 win in the Big East. Nevermind MU is a better basketball team. Just ignore all those things and make an excuse(or reason if some want to play it that way) for losing a home game to DuHPaul. They already lost to PC at home. Their losing to crap teams at home has already gone beyond the quota.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2020, 12:15:35 PM »
+1 a Scoop requirement it seems. lower expectations so when a loss happens, they can fling excuses left and right. In this instance the #1 thing would be playing without Markus(if that happens). never mind, it's at home, never mind DePaul has 1 win in the Big East. Nevermind MU is a better basketball team. Just ignore all those things and make an excuse(or reason if some want to play it that way) for losing a home game to DuHPaul. They already lost to PC at home. Their losing to crap teams at home has already gone beyond the quota.

Depaul that has beaten Iowa, Texas Tech and Butler. They're definitely not good, we're definitely better but if there was ever a year (since Chandler was suiting up) to go into this game having respect and caution for Depaul this is it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2020, 12:17:33 PM »
Depaul that has beaten Iowa, Texas Tech and Butler. They're definitely not good, we're definitely better but if there was ever a year (since Chandler was suiting up) to go into this game having respect and caution for Depaul this is it.

Listen, two of those 3 were non conference..and when people were tweeting all this love for DePaul, I tweeted back and told them all, slow your roll, when they get into BE play where teams are familiar with them, they will become DePaul again...a leopard doesn't change it's spots.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2020, 12:18:22 PM »
+1 a Scoop requirement it seems. lower expectations so when a loss happens, they can fling excuses left and right.

Guru ... there are 17 posts in this thread. Sixteen of them say it's not a trap game.
Hardly seems like a Scoop requirement.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 12:19:43 PM »
Listen, two of those 3 were non conference..and when people were tweeting all this love for DePaul, I tweeted back and told them all, slow your roll, when they get into BE play where teams are familiar with them, they will become DePaul again...a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

Did you only read the first sentence of my response? Again if there was ever a year to respect and show caution it's this. Didn't say they were on track for a bid
Maigh Eo for Sam

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 12:22:39 PM »

Happy Birthday, back to observing.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2020, 12:26:45 PM »

Has it ever occurred to you that people are just calling it like they see it.???

Do you really think Marquette may not have a let down after that X game???

Do you really think people pointing to Markus being injured are making excuses???

The more likely truth, is  that you're attempting to dismiss legitimate reasons a loss might not be so startling so you can rant about how bad it was and how bad Wojo is.

You're actions are transparent and a little pathetic.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2020, 12:48:32 PM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2020, 01:59:58 PM »
I would pay for a ticket to see Lazar and Jae play a 1 on 1 game at half time
Maigh Eo for Sam

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2020, 02:13:03 PM »
Has it ever occurred to you that people are just calling it like they see it.???

Do you really think Marquette may not have a let down after that X game???

Do you really think people pointing to Markus being injured are making excuses???

The more likely truth, is  that you're attempting to dismiss legitimate reasons a loss might not be so startling so you can rant about how bad it was and how bad Wojo is.

You're actions are transparent and a little pathetic.
I would argue that DePaul would have a let down after losing a solid halftime lead to Seton Hall. At some point you learn you are not going to actually win games.
Both MU and DePaul are coming off road games. One won and one lost. There is a big difference in team confidence after those games.