[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1085629 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11525 on: October 08, 2021, 09:11:29 PM »
Lenny, don't leave us hanging. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11526 on: October 08, 2021, 09:25:00 PM »
Lenny, don't leave us hanging.

Brother Tower,

As one of the good guys here (and the smart ones, too) I’m guessing you’ve got this one figured.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11527 on: October 09, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »
Brother Tower,

As one of the good guys here (and the smart ones, too) I’m guessing you’ve got this one figured.

Is it me? Is it me?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11528 on: October 09, 2021, 12:11:01 PM »
Whether it’s as bad as being the 2nd biggest a$$hole on Scoop is a matter of opinion.

The notion that one or two a$$holes stand out among this sea of a$$holes is absurd.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #11529 on: October 09, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »
Is it me? Is it me?

Nah. Ole cobweb head tells me to leave him alone then he gets all passive aggressive the last couple of days.

He’s more Chico’s than Chico’s ever was.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11530 on: October 09, 2021, 12:11:58 PM »
I was rooting for me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11531 on: October 09, 2021, 01:49:17 PM »
My Mt Rushmore of scoop as$holes would have at least 25 heads.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11532 on: October 09, 2021, 02:49:13 PM »
Guys. It’s Lenny. This is an easy one.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #11533 on: October 09, 2021, 05:14:23 PM »
The notion that one or two a$$holes stand out among this sea of a$$holes is absurd.

Thank God. If there are that many, I have to at least be on the list.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11534 on: October 09, 2021, 05:24:52 PM »
Nah. Ole cobweb head tells me to leave him alone then he gets all passive aggressive the last couple of days.

He’s more Chico’s than Chico’s ever was.

Sweet, sweet irony.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #11535 on: October 09, 2021, 05:40:54 PM »
Trump has been gone (something I’m not sorry about) for 9 months. In that time, the current senile incompetent in chief has seen his approval rating fall from 57% to 38%. Independents are abandoning him in droves. It has nothing to do with Trump, Fox News or racism. It has to do with the fact that the guy’s obviously not all there. The only folks who can’t see the obvious - that this guy is unfit and dangerous - are as brainwashed as any Trumpster ever could be. But stay focused on the former President - that will surely help us out of the messes the current one is presiding over.

For four years folks like Lenny could have cared less about approval ratings. Suddenly they are the be all and the end all. And they fell because starting in August  lots of "Independents"  figured out that Biden is "obviously not all there."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 05:43:20 PM by Mutaman »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11536 on: October 09, 2021, 07:15:42 PM »
Thank God. If there are that many, I have to at least be on the list.

Chit, you don't even make honorable mention. Dozens trump your sorry heine, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11537 on: October 09, 2021, 07:42:38 PM »
538 runs an composite of all polls, and has Biden with a 44% approval rating.

That sucks … but his predecessor was at 38% at the exact same stage of his term.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

Not that approval rating means much of anything 9 months into a president’s term.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #11538 on: October 09, 2021, 08:13:40 PM »

Chit, you don't even make honorable mention. Dozens trump your sorry heine, hey?

You're standing up for me? I'll let Rocky and Topper know your account was hacked.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11539 on: October 09, 2021, 08:59:49 PM »

That sucks … but his predecessor was at 38% at the exact same stage of his term.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

Not that approval rating means much of anything 9 months into a president’s term.

Seems fair.  You can be disappointed/unhappy with Biden's tenure so far and not be a mouth breathing MAGA disciple.  So much whataboutism has seemingly made people criticizing Biden out to all be butthurt whiners unhappy that Trump lost, which is silly.  I voted for him and thought his election was crucial to stemming the Trump tide, but I have very real concerns about his state of mind (shrug)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #11540 on: October 09, 2021, 09:05:36 PM »
Seems fair.  You can be disappointed/unhappy with Biden's tenure so far and not be a mouth breathing MAGA disciple.  So much whataboutism has seemingly made people criticizing Biden out to all be butthurt whiners unhappy that Trump lost, which is silly.  I voted for him and thought his election was crucial to stemming the Trump tide, but I have very real concerns about his state of mind (shrug)

I don’t have concerns about his state of mind. I have concerns that “not Trump” is the extent of his administration’s agenda.

That being said, there is a long way to go before 2024. A lot can happen.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11541 on: October 09, 2021, 10:40:15 PM »

I have some of the same concerns about Biden, Wags. Of course, I had, and continue to have, very real concerns about his predecessor’s state of mind, too. At least this crazy old guy hasn’t tried to subvert democracy yet.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11542 on: October 09, 2021, 11:08:34 PM »
I have some of the same concerns about Biden, Wags. Of course, I had, and continue to have, very real concerns about his predecessor’s state of mind, too. At least this crazy old guy hasn’t tried to subvert democracy yet.

You're doing it again tho ;)  You can have very real or justified concerns about Biden without having to bring it back to Trump.  It doesn't always have to go back to that, both can be an issue and not have to automatically go to "at least its not that".

If Shaka is struggling in Year 2, no identity, no plan, you can have concerns about him but not have to bring it back to Wojo.   The decision to move on from him was still the right one and Shaka's hypothetical failures in the scenario don't have to be placed up against his disastrous forebearer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11543 on: October 09, 2021, 11:20:37 PM »
You're doing it again tho ;)  You can have very real or justified concerns about Biden without having to bring it back to Trump.  It doesn't always have to go back to that, both can be an issue and not have to automatically go to "at least its not that".

If Shaka is struggling in Year 2, no identity, no plan, you can have concerns about him but not have to bring it back to Wojo.   The decision to move on from him was still the right one and Shaka's hypothetical failures in the scenario don't have to be placed up against his disastrous forebearer.

Yes, I admit that I am thankful every day about the result of the free and fair 2020 presidential election. 😉

As for anything that goes wrong now, I obviously blame Obama for wearing that beige suit!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11544 on: October 10, 2021, 07:30:50 AM »

I was citing the latest poll from Quinnipiac (tradionally no friend to Republicans) that has Biden at 38%. The biggest difference between the two (pollwise) is that Joe’s fall is from a much higher starting point (close to 60%). People wanted to like Joe, but 9 months in most people realize this is not what they hoped for.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11545 on: October 10, 2021, 01:58:43 PM »
I was citing the latest poll from Quinnipiac (tradionally no friend to Republicans) that has Biden at 38%. The biggest difference between the two (pollwise) is that Joe’s fall is from a much higher starting point (close to 60%). People wanted to like Joe, but 9 months in most people realize this is not what they hoped for.

Clinton had a 36 percent approval rating early in his first term.
Reagan in his first term was down to 35 percent.
Obama at one point in his first term was at 37 percent.
They all cruised to second terms.

But, yes, by all means continue to tell us how enormously significant this is.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/presidential-approval/highslows

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11546 on: October 10, 2021, 03:45:09 PM »

Cite whatever you want, Tony. I'll always go with a composite of numerous polls.

I mean, Rasmussen, which is as far-right as they come, actually has Biden's approval rate improving from 40% a couple weeks ago to 43% today.

Which means nothing. Especially at this stage of a term.

And given what's gone on in political polling the last few years, who knows if it will ever be relevant again.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #11547 on: October 10, 2021, 04:08:57 PM »
Never mind.

"Just In: Biden's approval rating has jumped back to 50% as per the newest CBS poll. (Either it was a serious rebound or - as we suspect - the Quinnipiac poll was an outlier.)"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11548 on: October 10, 2021, 04:54:03 PM »
Quite the tangent we've got going here.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11549 on: October 10, 2021, 08:05:56 PM »
Quite the tangent we've got going here.

I see you're new herre.

feedback