[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1107313 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #11375 on: September 20, 2021, 08:13:44 PM »
I guess I have to do the work for you. And the hostess they’re claiming is “racist” is Asian. Apology accepted.

Regardless of the details in this situation... can you not be Asian and also be a racist? Why couldn't an asian have an anti-black/white/whatever race bias?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #11376 on: September 20, 2021, 11:57:59 PM »
Regardless of the details in this situation... can you not be Asian and also be a racist? Why couldn't an asian have an anti-black/white/whatever race bias?

FWIW, Ive heard/been told many times that racism needs to be grounded in power and a power structure, vis a vis, African Americans and other minorities can't be "racist" towards white people or other races cause its based on resentment and mistreatment or oppression.  I even had a cultural studies professor in college explain it to me in that way when I posed an example of a girl that had been removed from my dorm who was perhaps the most "racist" person I had ever met in her degradation of Asians and Middle Eastern people, even though she was African American.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11377 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:19 AM »
Oh, hey, let's give preferential treatment to the unnatural carnal knowledgeheads that won't get vaccinated.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1440134938196692999.html

"The Tennessee state government now recommends vaccinated residents be denied access to monoclonal antibody treatment to preserve supplies for those who are unwilling to get vaccinated and remain most vulnerable by their own choice. A new story from me: tennessean.com/story/news/hea…

In other words, if you took the responsible step of vaccination to slow the pandemic and protect yourself and others, it may now actually disqualify you from getting one of the most effective treatments for the virus. If you did nothing, you can still get the care.

This new recommendation is a result of the feds capping supplies of antibody drugs. They did it because a few poorly-vaccinated southern states, including Tennessee, were using most the nation's supply.

Who loses out as a result? The vaccinated. tennessean.com/story/news/hea…
To be clear, the state's recommendation is based on guidelines from the National Institutes of Health. A Vanderbilt expert told me this is the right choice to do the most good in a bad situation.

I think the salient question is this: Could we have avoided this bad situation?

One last thing I should add: As my story stays, the state's recommendation does not include vaccinated people who are immunocompromised or immunosuppressed. They would still qualify for monoclonal antibody therapy."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11378 on: September 21, 2021, 08:34:16 AM »
The effen a-holes who willingly jeopardize the health of everybody around them and obviously don't really have any interest in helping to heal the country are bad enough.

But the political, corporate, religious and social leaders who enable, support and encourage the selfish mouth-breathers represent the very, very worst of America.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #11379 on: September 21, 2021, 10:50:48 AM »
FWIW, Ive heard/been told many times that racism needs to be grounded in power and a power structure, vis a vis, African Americans and other minorities can't be "racist" towards white people or other races cause its based on resentment and mistreatment or oppression.  I even had a cultural studies professor in college explain it to me in that way when I posed an example of a girl that had been removed from my dorm who was perhaps the most "racist" person I had ever met in her degradation of Asians and Middle Eastern people, even though she was African American.

This. My wife was told that her pressing charges against her Black assailant was not racism but the result of being brainwashed by white supremacy. Though since BLM groups are quite anti-Asian perhaps that narrative is shifting.

https://www.aclrc.com/myth-of-reverse-racism
https://mndaily.com/233763/opinion/op-reverseracism2/

”Any group of people can experience racial prejudice or discrimination. However, racism refers to that prejudice in addition to the socialized power structures at play. So, not everyone can experience the racism that Black people do because the power dynamic that has existed since the Atlantic Slave Trade is just not equivalent to any other racial experience in the States.”

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:56:55 AM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #11380 on: September 21, 2021, 10:54:42 AM »
So, when you wrote that BLM was protesting the restaurant for "kicking out unvaccinated people" you were spreading fake news.
Glad we can agree on that.

Why is the hostess' race relevant?

They are protesting for denying entry to unvaccinated black people and calling vaccine mandates an excuse for racism. Race trumps vaccinations for BLM. Sorry that makes you uncomfortable. I can’t help that, you’ll need to speak to BLM leaders who instead of promoting vaccinations are against public safety.

“This vaccination card mandate to create more Sandra Blands, and more Breonna Taylors, it ends here," said Kimberly Bernard, an organizer of the Black Women's March in 2020. "Consider yourself served. Cancel Carmines's!"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:56:24 AM by Billy Hoyle »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11381 on: September 21, 2021, 11:04:37 AM »
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/05/study-number-of-kids-hospitalized-for-covid-is-overcounted.html

A little dated and pre-delta but still a good read with relevant data.  Wish more retrospective chart reviews were getting done to get a better understanding of the last 18 months especially as we are on the brink of pushing for kids as young as 5 to get vaccinated.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #11382 on: September 21, 2021, 11:16:19 AM »
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/05/study-number-of-kids-hospitalized-for-covid-is-overcounted.html

A little dated and pre-delta but still a good read with relevant data.  Wish more retrospective chart reviews were getting done to get a better understanding of the last 18 months especially as we are on the brink of pushing for kids as young as 5 to get vaccinated.

Good.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11383 on: September 21, 2021, 11:20:14 AM »

If it's "dated" and "pre-delta" then it really isn't helpful at all...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11384 on: September 21, 2021, 11:21:45 AM »
They are protesting for denying entry to unvaccinated black people and calling vaccine mandates an excuse for racism. Race trumps vaccinations for BLM. Sorry that makes you uncomfortable. I can’t help that, you’ll need to speak to BLM leaders who instead of promoting vaccinations are against public safety.

“This vaccination card mandate to create more Sandra Blands, and more Breonna Taylors, it ends here," said Kimberly Bernard, an organizer of the Black Women's March in 2020. "Consider yourself served. Cancel Carmines's!"

No matter how many times you repeat a lie, it's still a lie.
The protests are about allegations that people were treated unfairly because of their race and addressed with a racial slur.
Whether that's true or not, I have no idea. Neither do you, despite your ridiculous remarks about an Asian hostess. But one thing we both know is that they're not protesting because they were "kicking out unvaccinated people," as you claimed.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11385 on: September 21, 2021, 12:48:23 PM »
If it's "dated" and "pre-delta" then it really isn't helpful at all...
Which was his purpose in posting it. Unfortunately, someone will take the bait.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11386 on: September 21, 2021, 01:45:51 PM »
A first for an American pro sports team?
The Columbus Blue Jackets tell forward Zac Rinaldo not to stay away from training camp because he's unvaccinated.
Rinaldo, fwiw, is a borderline player, so it's no great sacrifice for the team. It would be interesting to see what might happen if a star player showed up unvaxxed.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32250958/columbus-blue-jackets-unvaccinated-zac-rinaldo-camp

jesmu84

• All American

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #11388 on: September 21, 2021, 04:13:01 PM »
Poster in our Vaccine Hunters group reported that her insurer will no longer cover travel testing as its fir a recreational reason.
I think that will become more the norm - I’m not necessarily opposed to that, frankly.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11389 on: September 21, 2021, 04:29:52 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/09/18/covid-hospital-bills-insurance-deductible/

Yikes

Maybe the financial incentive to avoid outrageous hospital bills will convince some to get the vaccine. But probably not many, as it's been made into an emotional and political issue, first and foremost.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11390 on: September 21, 2021, 08:25:05 PM »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 08:27:09 PM by PaceArrow02 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11391 on: September 22, 2021, 07:19:13 AM »
Congrats, anti-vax mouth-breathers. You've finally turned the long-ago forecast "death panels" into reality ...

Hospitals overwhelmed by covid are turning to ‘crisis standards of care.’ What does that mean?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/22/crisis-standards-of-care/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F34c0d81%2F614b0f789d2fda9d41ddc089%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F19%2F39%2F614b0f789d2fda9d41ddc089

Long-feared rationing of medical care has become a reality in some parts of the United States as the delta variant drives a new wave of coronavirus cases, pushing hospitals to the brink.

Idaho last week activated statewide crisis standards of care, in which health systems can prioritize patients for scarce resources — based largely on their likelihood of survival — and even deny treatment. The decisions affect covid and non-covid patients. Some hospitals in Montana and Alaska have turned to crisis standards as well, while Hawaii’s governor this month released health workers from liability if they have to ration care.

Some states have no crisis standards of care plan, while others just created them during the pandemic. The common goal: Give health care workers last-resort guidance to make potentially wrenching decisions.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11392 on: September 22, 2021, 11:09:31 AM »
Sarah Palin = Nostradamus.

Just not the way she thought.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #11393 on: September 22, 2021, 11:42:14 AM »
No matter how many times you repeat a lie, it's still a lie.
The protests are about allegations that people were treated unfairly because of their race and addressed with a racial slur.
Whether that's true or not, I have no idea. Neither do you, despite your ridiculous remarks about an Asian hostess. But one thing we both know is that they're not protesting because they were "kicking out unvaccinated people," as you claimed.

“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.” That's apparently the route you're taking here.

Why did I bring up the hostess? Because the prevailing narrative was she white.

And the terrorists who call themselves "BLM" have specifically said the vaccine mandates are rooted in racism. I get that you're in a very difficult position: support vaccination mandates or bow at the feet of BLM.

Oh, an EXACT QUOTE from one of the leaders of the "rally:"

"This vaccination card mandate to create more Sandra Blands, and more Breonna Taylors, it ends here," said Kimberly Bernard, an organizer of the Black Women's March in 2020. "Consider yourself served. Cancel Carmines's!"

https://patch.com/new-york/upper-west-side-nyc/cancel-carmines-rally-draws-crowd-upper-west-side

Jussie Smollett probably thinks the claims that the hostess used a racist term is absurd. But BLM knows once you put out such a claim the fact it never happened will never be reported. Here's a good book by an HBCU professor about that phenomenon. It's a shame because the hoxes obscure actual hate crimes and cast doubt on their verasity.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/hoax-how-the-left-invents-hate-crimes-and-sells-a-fake-race-war-to-the-american-people_wilfred-reilly/19911792/item/44068570/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqKuKBhCxARIsACf4XuGUiiA9YcB9o7X0xObRZYRLCTA7R-r9BtH-mcuqGm5olBdZrUoiq4kaAnfqEALw_wcB#idiq=44068570&edition=21175485

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #11394 on: September 22, 2021, 11:49:44 AM »

Where?  Certainly not here Cheeks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11395 on: September 22, 2021, 12:20:51 PM »
“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.” That's apparently the route you're taking here.

I'll take things no one said for $2,000.

There used to be another guy around these parts who wouldn't read the links he posted, refused to admit when he was wrong, double downed on every false statement and constantly shifted goalposts when it suited his argument.
Wonder what happened to him.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11396 on: September 22, 2021, 01:36:10 PM »
I'll take things no one said for $2,000.

There used to be another guy around these parts who wouldn't read the links he posted, refused to admit when he was wrong, double downed on every false statement and constantly shifted goalposts when it suited his argument.
Wonder what happened to him.
Pretty sure Billy is not Chicos, but they sure do rhyme.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11397 on: September 22, 2021, 02:34:23 PM »
Billy's been very, very angry lately.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #11398 on: September 22, 2021, 03:29:52 PM »

https://m.theepochtimes.com/study-covid-19-hospitalization-numbers-might-be-significantly-inflated_4006913.html/amp?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=digitalsub&__twitter_impression=true

More recent data and looking at adult population showing a large chunk of “c19” hospitalizations are with asymptomatic patients who are hospitalized for entirely other reasons.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11399 on: September 22, 2021, 03:56:51 PM »
https://m.theepochtimes.com/study-covid-19-hospitalization-numbers-might-be-significantly-inflated_4006913.html/amp?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=digitalsub&__twitter_impression=true

More recent data and looking at adult population showing a large chunk of “c19” hospitalizations are with asymptomatic patients who are hospitalized for entirely other reasons.

Limitations
Our study has several limitations. The VA population is not representative of the US population as a whole, having few women and no children. We did not control for patients with baseline hypoxemia or oxygen requirement (common among VA patients) or for altitude, and thus some mild cases may have been misclassied as moderate-to-severe. However, to ensure that severe cases are appropriately captured, a denition of high sensitivity is preferable to one favoring specicity. Cases of severe COVID- 19 may have been admitted non-differentially to non-VA hospitals. Some Veterans may have been vaccinated outside of the VA, however, vaccines were typically available within the VA earlier than in the community. Finally, most of the data are from months before the more-transmissible delta variant became dominant. However, proportions of patients with moderate-to-severe respiratory distress or being treated with dexamethasone did not appear to be rising at the end of the observation period (6/30/21)
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback