[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1103402 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10550 on: July 17, 2021, 05:06:37 PM »
  you watch fox??? the horror! 

your penance should be 4 hail mary's, 4 our father's, 4 acts of contrition all stated publicly wearing bunny slippers and a banana hammock

the fox news hang up here is weird.  anyone ever call those who imbibe in CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/NY times/WaPo/al jazeera/NPR/buzzfeed/PBS/etc etc etc

nope

the inaccuracies would be incalculable-really sad.  people's trust in the media is at an all time low.  fox makes up such a small amount of that.  do the math.  that's what's sad.  fox news NEWS is actually quite fair.  it's the pundits that i believe most are referring to and i can understand the animus of the different point of view

My trust in the media is at an all-time high.  My trust in people that can’t write sentences is at an all-time low. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10551 on: July 18, 2021, 11:49:16 AM »
My trust in the media is at an all-time high.  My trust in people that can’t write sentences is at an all-time low.

i'd rather write sh!tty when it don't matter then get a hinder binder, pants'd and wet willy even while i'm looking
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10552 on: July 18, 2021, 11:53:09 AM »

i'd rather write sh!tty when it don't matter then get a hinder binder, pants'd and wet willy even while i'm looking

huh?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10553 on: July 18, 2021, 11:58:49 PM »
huh?

It's better to just ignore the inane things he says.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10554 on: July 19, 2021, 10:55:01 AM »

I wouldn't go that far just to spite someone shouting at clouds.  The era of clickbait media is a disaster, COVID has highlighted that. Mind you, I'm not intermingling media and journalism.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10555 on: July 20, 2021, 07:27:47 AM »
American Academy of Pediatrics recommends “universal masking” during the 2021-2022 school year

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article252877338.html?

Students over age 2 and staff should wear face masks regardless of coronavirus vaccination status as “a significant portion of the student population is not yet eligible for vaccines” and because many schools will not have systems in place to monitor the vaccination status of students and staff, the group said in its updated guidance for the upcoming school year.

Children ages 12 and older are eligible to get the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. But that still leaves many school-aged children who cannot be vaccinated, the organization notes.

The organization also pointed to the “possibility of low vaccination uptake within the surrounding school community” and concerns about COVID-19 variants like delta that could spread more easily.

Face-mask use could also protect students and staff from other respiratory illnesses “that would take time away from school,” the organization said.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10556 on: July 20, 2021, 08:37:37 AM »
American Academy of Pediatrics recommends “universal masking” during the 2021-2022 school year

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article252877338.html?

Students over age 2 and staff should wear face masks regardless of coronavirus vaccination status as “a significant portion of the student population is not yet eligible for vaccines” and because many schools will not have systems in place to monitor the vaccination status of students and staff, the group said in its updated guidance for the upcoming school year.

Children ages 12 and older are eligible to get the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. But that still leaves many school-aged children who cannot be vaccinated, the organization notes.

The organization also pointed to the “possibility of low vaccination uptake within the surrounding school community” and concerns about COVID-19 variants like delta that could spread more easily.

Face-mask use could also protect students and staff from other respiratory illnesses “that would take time away from school,” the organization said.

FFS

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10557 on: July 20, 2021, 08:52:53 AM »
I have two little ones, so I'm sensitive to the risk... but good Lord.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10558 on: July 20, 2021, 09:01:36 AM »
FFS

We need to change our whole mindset that it’s not just flu season anymore but flu/Covid season and each will bring with it 40-50,000 annual deaths for a combined 100K Americans senselessly losing their lives on avg every year which terrifies me to think about.

Also, it appears Covid doesn’t have a season like the flu primarily does but rather it is equally contagious any month of the year so by no means am I suggesting these measures be put in place permanently moving forward, that’d be crazy.

But if we can’t pressure our local leaders that for the 5-6 month period (Nov-March) where Covid and influenza are running rampant through our communities to put proven preventative measures into place to save 10s of thousands of lives every year then those future administrations and local leaders will have blood on their hands!!!!  Folks, we need to follow the science here and quit accepting all these preventable deaths as ok.

My thoughts for the above flu/Covid time period of nov-March to save as many lives as possible:
     1) no indoor social gatherings of 50+ people.  That should allow for sports to go on uninterrupted just with no fans.
     2) Pull kids from the classroom.  Instead of having summers off I suggest we flip the school calendar on its head with 3 months during winter off instead to isolate the kids at home to protect our elderly and high risk populations.
      3) Mandatory mask wearing whether inside or not.
      4) church services all online
      5) Bars must close and restaurants only doing take out.
      6) Airline capacity 30% to allow for better socially distant flights.
      7) Concerts, plays, symphony’s and other type of entertainment is either done socially distanced outdoors with masks or need to pause for those 5-6 months.
      8) Nursing homes completely locked down.
      9) No hospital visitors
     10) If you do go on a winter vacation down south, beaches need to be monitored very closely.  Of things get out of hand, shut them down.

I think these 10 simple, yet proven steps will save so so soooo many lives and can’t fathom any rational argument against these measures.
———————————————————————

Made the above sarcastic post almost exactly a year ago.  This mask policy recommendation (which Fauci described as thoughtful and supports it 🤦‍♂️) is another step closer to the above becoming a realty. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10559 on: July 20, 2021, 09:11:44 AM »
There isn't the societal will to go back into lockdowns.   But there are going to be more breakthrough cases and I have little doubt that a recommendation to start wearing masks again is just a few weeks away.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10560 on: July 20, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »
No wonder the Jonestown massacre happened. The ignorance of people who want to be led along like sheep, never ceases to amaze me.
Yes, there will be variants, like there is each year with different flu stains. That's what boosters will take care of. Get your vaccination and its over, except for those like Mike who insist on drinking the kool-aid until the very, very last dog is hung, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10561 on: July 20, 2021, 09:20:03 AM »
Doc, I completely agree with your Jonestown analogy.   We just disagree on who the death cult is.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #10562 on: July 20, 2021, 09:28:23 AM »
The best, most coordinated response America is capable of having to this is in the rearview mirror.  There will continue to be a half life on cooperation and getting everyone pointed in one direction.  At this point, the best I think we can hope for is >50% acceptance of boosters however often they're necessary, with >80% for seniors, nursing homes, etc (flu shot numbers/small drop from initial vaccination rate); a bit greater willingness and acceptance of staying home when we're sick; and a bit broader use of masks in public spaces during the winter months.  Anyone hoping for more than that at this point is shaking his fist at the sky.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10563 on: July 20, 2021, 09:41:13 AM »
The best, most coordinated response America is capable of having to this is in the rearview mirror.  There will continue to be a half life on cooperation and getting everyone pointed in one direction.  At this point, the best I think we can hope for is >50% acceptance of boosters however often they're necessary, with >80% for seniors, nursing homes, etc (flu shot numbers/small drop from initial vaccination rate); a bit greater willingness and acceptance of staying home when we're sick; and a bit broader use of masks in public spaces during the winter months.  Anyone hoping for more than that at this point is shaking his fist at the sky.

Truly believe once FDA gives full authorization to existing vaccine and then to any boosters it will become damn near required to have the vaccine for most employment, air travel, etc.  The longer it’s available and as the safety profile gets better understood it will become just another widely accepted vaccine (more widely accepted at least).

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10564 on: July 20, 2021, 09:56:15 AM »
Truly believe once FDA gives full authorization to existing vaccine and then to any boosters it will become damn near required to have the vaccine for most employment, air travel, etc.  The longer it’s available and as the safety profile gets better understood it will become just another widely accepted vaccine (more widely accepted at least).

+1. Once the EUA is dropped, there's no more excuses. Get vaccinated or get out of the way.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10565 on: July 20, 2021, 10:02:03 AM »
There isn't the societal will to go back into lockdowns.   But there are going to be more breakthrough cases and I have little doubt that a recommendation to start wearing masks again is just a few weeks away.

A recommendation that most will ignore. Honesty I can’t imagine that we will be returning to masking or limited capacity.

The vast majority of people in hospitals are the unvaccinated. It’s on them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10567 on: July 20, 2021, 10:23:59 AM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10568 on: July 20, 2021, 10:38:05 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1417505265671450624

Super spreaders!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Vaccinated people can test positive.  That doesn't mean they will get sick or spread. 

Again, vaccinated people should not be getting tested unless symptomatic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10569 on: July 20, 2021, 10:54:35 AM »

Vaccinated people can test positive.  That doesn't mean they will get sick or spread. 

Again, vaccinated people should not be getting tested unless symptomatic.

💯 just messing around….I do find it hilarious they thought they were on this heroic mission and have turned out to be nothing more then a nuisance/distraction

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #10570 on: July 20, 2021, 11:18:57 AM »
💯 just messing around….I do find it hilarious they thought they were on this heroic mission and have turned out to be nothing more then a nuisance/distraction

You are the nuisance, and the only person I've heard talking about this distraction. Lay off of cable news and twitter, my dude, your life will get better I promise.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10571 on: July 20, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »
No wonder the Jonestown massacre happened. The ignorance of people who want to be led along like sheep, never ceases to amaze me.
Yes, there will be variants, like there is each year with different flu stains. That's what boosters will take care of. Get your vaccination and its over, except for those like Mike who insist on drinking the kool-aid until the very, very last dog is hung, aina?

This is gold, Jerry
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10572 on: July 20, 2021, 11:49:22 AM »

This is spectacular, coming from a member of the cult himself!

Y'all have absolutely no idea how I'm dealing with the pandemic; I'm guessing it's the exact same as you or close to it. But keep making stuff up -- when you take a break from bending the knee to your cult leader, that is.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10573 on: July 20, 2021, 11:50:53 AM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10574 on: July 20, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1417505265671450624

Super spreaders!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Only Dems can take a case of Miller Lite and turn it into multiple cases of Corona.  Hey-o.

feedback