[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1084889 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #825 on: March 11, 2020, 09:38:16 PM »
I will give you one guess which country is the world's largest producer of human vaccines?

China

The media machine is powerful.  This is a good test though of are you and your emotions a sheep to the powerful media machine or not.

Would you please expand?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #826 on: March 11, 2020, 09:52:19 PM »
Connect the dots and use critical thinking, it's pretty obvious to figure out when for the last 30 years we've been sending jobs to and financing China's economy at our expense with hardly a peep from the globalist run media.  Recently that changed some.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #827 on: March 11, 2020, 09:52:32 PM »
Would you please expand?

Cocktails.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #828 on: March 11, 2020, 09:53:19 PM »
Connect the dots and use critical thinking, it's pretty obvious to figure out when for the last 30 years we've been sending jobs to and financing China's economy at our expense with hardly a peep from the globalist run media.  Recently that changed some.

Its easier if you just tell us your crackpot theory, rather than being vague.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #829 on: March 11, 2020, 09:56:52 PM »

Financial markets would sniff through all that.  They'd ferret out the truth. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #830 on: March 11, 2020, 10:12:20 PM »
Financial markets would sniff through all that.  They'd ferret out the truth.

Financial markets are jittery because they're tired of all the winning.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Ludum habemus.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #832 on: March 11, 2020, 10:21:08 PM »

5th OWI yesterday, eh kin?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #833 on: March 11, 2020, 10:23:01 PM »
Boys state basketball championships in Madison next week have been cancelled, per Mark Miller on the

TWITTA TRACKA[/size][/color]

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #834 on: March 11, 2020, 11:02:14 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/RobDauster/status/1237926172283015168?s=19

Entire Nebraska team currently under quarantine. Not allowed to leave the locker room.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #835 on: March 12, 2020, 12:42:14 AM »
Entire Nebraska team currently under quarantine. Not allowed to leave the locker room.

Later confirmed as influenza A (aka 'just the flu'  ::))

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #836 on: March 12, 2020, 06:46:58 AM »
Its easier if you just tell us your crackpot theory, rather than being vague.

see, this is where unnecessary divisions are created-"crackpot" ?    when people believe different from you, it's "crackpot"?  we've already established that you're background is "biomedical sciences"  'nuff said,   stay in your lane so all of us can drive safe

the media isn't conventional wisdom

out of bad comes good/improved.  if one does not learn from their mistakes, they are doomed, lucky if they are able to repeat them.  this is our opportunity to grow a pair and take back control of our own destiny. 

let's pretend we are at war and our enemy makes all the ammunition
don't...don't don't don't don't

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #837 on: March 12, 2020, 06:58:08 AM »
Boys state basketball championships in Madison next week have been cancelled, per Mark Miller on the

TWITTA TRACKA[/size][/color]

not official yet, but only family would be allowed to attend.  My son is supposed to play in a sectional semi tonight and i will be honest it is real hard to get excited about it at this point.
Feels a lot like 9/11 when our lives changed forever

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #838 on: March 12, 2020, 07:17:24 AM »
Nebraska state basketball limiting to immediate family only.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #839 on: March 12, 2020, 07:38:42 AM »
see, this is where unnecessary divisions are created-"crackpot" ?    when people believe different from you, it's "crackpot"?  we've already established that you're background is "biomedical sciences"  'nuff said,   stay in your lane so all of us can drive safe

the media isn't conventional wisdom

out of bad comes good/improved.  if one does not learn from their mistakes, they are doomed, lucky if they are able to repeat them.  this is our opportunity to grow a pair and take back control of our own destiny. 

let's pretend we are at war and our enemy makes all the ammunition

Lol. It’s a crackpot theory. Sorry if that offends you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #840 on: March 12, 2020, 07:58:08 AM »
Later confirmed as influenza A (aka 'just the flu'  ::))

Not only did Fred show up sick when 99.9% of people agree don’t go to work sick, he showed up looking like he was going to drop 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #841 on: March 12, 2020, 08:09:44 AM »

"globalist"

When someone tells you who they are, believe them. Even if they tell you with words that give them plausible deniability.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #842 on: March 12, 2020, 08:13:50 AM »
Not only did Fred show up sick when 99.9% of people agree don’t go to work sick, he showed up looking like he was going to drop

He wanted his version of the flu game
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #843 on: March 12, 2020, 08:48:37 AM »
However one feels about whether this whole situation is overblown or not being treated seriously enough, I think we can all agree that this is an example of how not to handle things.

One of the bigger junior volleyball tournaments of the year is/was scheduled to start today in Denver. In typical years, it would probably have 700 teams or so. Last night at about 9:00 USAV "recommended" that all events be cancelled or postponed. The tournament is sanctioned by USAV, but each of these big qualifying tournaments is owned/operated by an independent entity. At approximately midnight, the tournament released a statement indicating that in spite of USAV's recommendation, they were going forward. This was done with the understanding that many people would be traveling today, and to let them know to feel free to come. My immediate reaction was to think that they were setting up the worst possible scenario -- people will travel there and then they'll have to cancel it. Less than six hours later (5:30 AM) they reversed course and cancelled. I suppose it's better than cancelling later in the day, but still a problem as many people already were on their way.

Making matters worse, they announced the cancellation on Facebook but their website still had last night's notice until very recently.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #844 on: March 12, 2020, 08:49:50 AM »
Stop with the hand sanitizer craze, mkay?

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/11/21173187/coronavirus-covid-19-hand-washing-sanitizer-compared-soap-is-dope

.. there’s one consumer product critical to our great national battle to “flatten the curve,” or slow the epidemic: soap. Humble, ancient, cheap, effective soap.

Sanitizer might feel like a modern-day, scientific, and more clinical upgrade to soap. But I’m here to tell you that soap — all sorts of it: liquid, solid, honeysuckle-scented, the versions inexplicably only marketed to men or women — is a badass, and even more routinely effective than hand sanitizer.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #845 on: March 12, 2020, 08:54:01 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-03-09/how-coronavirus-spread-from-patient-zero-in-seattle

How'd you like to be THIS guy?  Patient Zero in Seattle.  Comes back from Wuhan, and fast forward 28 days, the virus he transported has killed 18 so far.   

That's a lot of emotional baggage.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #846 on: March 12, 2020, 08:56:50 AM »
not official yet, but only family would be allowed to attend.  My son is supposed to play in a sectional semi tonight and i will be honest it is real hard to get excited about it at this point.
Feels a lot like 9/11 when our lives changed forever

https://twitter.com/SusanKim4/status/1238100445761077250?s=19

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #847 on: March 12, 2020, 08:58:21 AM »
FYI, this afternoon the Govenor of Wisconsin will be declaring a state of emergency
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #848 on: March 12, 2020, 09:04:26 AM »
FYI, this afternoon the Govenor of Wisconsin will be declaring a state of emergency

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #849 on: March 12, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »
However one feels about whether this whole situation is overblown or not being treated seriously enough, I think we can all agree that this is an example of how not to handle things.

One of the bigger junior volleyball tournaments of the year is/was scheduled to start today in Denver. In typical years, it would probably have 700 teams or so. Last night at about 9:00 USAV "recommended" that all events be cancelled or postponed. The tournament is sanctioned by USAV, but each of these big qualifying tournaments is owned/operated by an independent entity. At approximately midnight, the tournament released a statement indicating that in spite of USAV's recommendation, they were going forward. This was done with the understanding that many people would be traveling today, and to let them know to feel free to come. My immediate reaction was to think that they were setting up the worst possible scenario -- people will travel there and then they'll have to cancel it. Less than six hours later (5:30 AM) they reversed course and cancelled. I suppose it's better than cancelling later in the day, but still a problem as many people already were on their way.

Making matters worse, they announced the cancellation on Facebook but their website still had last night's notice until very recently.
Our State tournament is scheduled to start 5/1.  I give it a 25% chance to happen at this point, i.e., we'll be over the worst of it and travel and crowds will start to go back to normal.  I suspect it is more likely sometime this summer that that actually happens.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.