[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1107892 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10350 on: June 09, 2021, 09:06:55 AM »
Houston Methodist, a Houston Texas hospital, suspended 178 health-care workers for failing to comply with a strict vaccine mandate. The CEO of the hospital system confirmed the suspensions to the Washington Post on Tuesday. Almost 30,000 employees have been fully vaccinated by Monday's deadline. 178 opted to skip the shot in hopes that the hospital would not follow through on its threat to suspend non-compliant staff.

Unfortunately for those 178, the hospital called their bluff. Now they are all suspended for two weeks, without pay.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10351 on: June 09, 2021, 09:10:29 AM »
Houston Methodist, a Houston Texas hospital, suspended 178 health-care workers for failing to comply with a strict vaccine mandate. The CEO of the hospital system confirmed the suspensions to the Washington Post on Tuesday. Almost 30,000 employees have been fully vaccinated by Monday's deadline. 178 opted to skip the shot in hopes that the hospital would not follow through on its threat to suspend non-compliant staff.

Unfortunately for those 178, the hospital called their bluff. Now they are all suspended for two weeks, without pay.

Good.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #10352 on: June 09, 2021, 01:09:26 PM »
The UK’s cases have been going up, due greatly to the Delta variant from India.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10353 on: June 09, 2021, 01:27:07 PM »

UK is still very slow in getting the vaccine out to the people.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #10354 on: June 09, 2021, 01:32:07 PM »

Yea, my cousin is there and just got the first shot after many, many tries. It seems like where we were a few months ago.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10355 on: June 09, 2021, 01:33:13 PM »

75% have their first shot and 40% have their second.  The US is at 52% and 42% respectively.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10356 on: June 09, 2021, 01:34:35 PM »

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10357 on: June 09, 2021, 01:43:48 PM »

75% have their first shot and 40% have their second.  The US is at 52% and 42% respectively.

I stand corrected.

• All American
« Reply #10358 on: June 09, 2021, 01:52:16 PM »
From what I have read, a good deal of this spread is due to school age children and young adults, both of whom are populations that are not eligible to be vaccinated yet in the UK.

Yea, my cousin is there and just got the first shot after many, many tries. It seems like where we were a few months ago.

That could actually be a sign of high demand, which is a good thing in the long run.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10359 on: June 09, 2021, 02:38:47 PM »
I stand corrected.

In all fairness, the numbers I found don't match Fluffy's.

I see 59-60% with at least their first dose.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10360 on: June 09, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »
In all fairness, the numbers I found don't match Fluffy's.

I see 59-60% with at least their first dose.

It's always important to note data sources and ages,
For 18+ UK is 77.3% / 54.2% (1st/2nd)
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

For US 18+ is 63.8 / 53.1 (1st/fully)
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Now, the UK is always listing 1st/2nd dose, I'm not sure if they have a 1 dose option approved.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #10361 on: June 09, 2021, 03:08:21 PM »

I'm not surprised the Delta variant arrived. Thankfully, the Spirit variant will be quite late, if it arrives at all.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10362 on: June 09, 2021, 03:16:20 PM »
It's always important to note data sources and ages,
For 18+ UK is 77.3% / 54.2% (1st/2nd)
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

For US 18+ is 63.8 / 53.1 (1st/fully)
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Now, the UK is always listing 1st/2nd dose, I'm not sure if they have a 1 dose option approved.

important factor added here is the 18+

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10363 on: June 09, 2021, 03:32:44 PM »
I'm not surprised the Delta variant arrived. Thankfully, the Spirit variant will be quite late, if it arrives at all.

I see what you did there.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10364 on: June 09, 2021, 04:11:42 PM »
important factor added here is the 18+

Agreed, that's important.  But I also didn't easily see UK "all population" numbers.

• All American
« Reply #10365 on: June 09, 2021, 04:17:30 PM »
Sorry I got my figures from here, and they are 18+, so I was not likely comparing apples to apples.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/new-covid-19-variant-rising-cases-spark-fears-over-u-n1270093

"Around three-quarters of Britain's adult population has received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine, and more than 40 percent have received two doses."

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #10366 on: June 10, 2021, 09:11:32 AM »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #10367 on: June 11, 2021, 04:24:37 PM »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #10368 on: June 13, 2021, 12:02:12 PM »
As the delta variant of the coronavirus spreads in southeastern China, doctors say they are finding that the symptoms are different and more dangerous than those they saw when the initial version of the virus started spreading in late 2019 in the central city of Wuhan.

Patients are becoming sicker, and their conditions are worsening much more quickly, doctors told state-run television Thursday and Friday. Four-fifths of symptomatic cases developed fevers, they said, although it was not clear how that compared with earlier cases. The virus concentrations that are detected in their bodies climb to levels higher than previously seen and then decline only slowly, the doctors said.

Up to 12% of patients become severely or critically ill within three to four days of the onset of symptoms, said Guan Xiangdong, director of critical care medicine at Sun Yat-sen University in the city of Guangzhou, where the outbreak has been centered. In the past, the proportion had been 2% or 3%.

It’s the end of the world as we know it, …..

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10369 on: June 13, 2021, 03:40:46 PM »
As the delta variant of the coronavirus spreads in southeastern China, doctors say they are finding that the symptoms are different and more dangerous than those they saw when the initial version of the virus started spreading in late 2019 in the central city of Wuhan.

Patients are becoming sicker, and their conditions are worsening much more quickly, doctors told state-run television Thursday and Friday. Four-fifths of symptomatic cases developed fevers, they said, although it was not clear how that compared with earlier cases. The virus concentrations that are detected in their bodies climb to levels higher than previously seen and then decline only slowly, the doctors said.

Up to 12% of patients become severely or critically ill within three to four days of the onset of symptoms, said Guan Xiangdong, director of critical care medicine at Sun Yat-sen University in the city of Guangzhou, where the outbreak has been centered. In the past, the proportion had been 2% or 3%.

In other words, the common cold.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10370 on: June 14, 2021, 11:11:44 AM »

It’s the end of the world as we know it, …..
And yet the current vaccines are effective against the variant, are they not?

Get the unnatural carnal knowledgeing vaccine.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #10371 on: June 14, 2021, 12:10:10 PM »
And yet the current vaccines are effective against the variant, are they not?

Get the unnatural carnal knowledgeing vaccine.

Yup!!!

Hards Alumni

• All American

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #10373 on: June 17, 2021, 03:48:13 PM »
There are countries that have banned direct flights from India and are requiring anyone on a connecting flight to present a negative  test from a third country not from India..

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10374 on: June 17, 2021, 04:16:48 PM »
https://thewire.in/government/uttarakhand-govt-orders-fir-against-labs-for-fake-covid-tests-during-kumbh

Presented without comment

Not at all surprising.  Speaking to colleagues in India, each knew multiple people who traveled with fake COVID results, mostly to HK, Dubai, and Bangkok for work purposes.  These are people with money and means, not used to being told they can't do anything.  Testing has been a challenge even for people like that, depending on timing and location, so they just circumvent the system and go.  Its a mess across the board in all facets.