[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1109726 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10125 on: May 04, 2021, 10:26:11 PM »
Nunya

Ah.

So just more disingenuous discussion so you can push a biased viewpoint

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10126 on: May 04, 2021, 10:57:02 PM »
Ah.

So just more disingenuous discussion so you can push a biased viewpoint

What??  By posting an article from the New York Times and then a CDC document?  What is disingenuous about wanting to know about the importance/role of accurate and reliable Ct values?

I’d argue it’d be disingenuous and biased to bury your head in the sand?  I was asking questions about information I read, forgetful provided some clarity and context which was appreciated.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10127 on: May 05, 2021, 02:03:33 AM »
I’d argue it’d be disingenuous and biased to bury your head in the sand?  I was asking questions about information I read

Bury your head in the sand....about cycle thresholds that you have yet to quote a source  for as having changed?   Information you read about 28 Ct being a change from previous?   Again, where did you read this?

Edit:  if you're just "wrong" say sorry and don't try to imply other are idiots for missing the big conspiracy.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:12:12 AM by rocky_warrior »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10128 on: May 05, 2021, 06:11:14 AM »
Bury your head in the sand....about cycle thresholds that you have yet to quote a source  for as having changed?   Information you read about 28 Ct being a change from previous?   Again, where did you read this?

Edit:  if you're just "wrong" say sorry and don't try to imply other are idiots for missing the big conspiracy.

Goodness you guys.  Attached is a document that forgetful later clarified to me was a document from a cdc study. 

If you read it, it mentions to qualify for the study the positive test needed to be Ct equal or less then 28.

This whole time CDC was accepting and reporting Covid cases up to Ct 40, simply was wondering if anyone knew why the change.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10129 on: May 05, 2021, 06:11:53 AM »

Exactly.

"Nunya" is all we need to know about where this discussion is coming from.

And now furin cleavage.

Clearly this is all discussion meant to point to the lab leak hypothesis or some other conspiracy.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10130 on: May 05, 2021, 06:12:58 AM »
Goodness you guys.  Attached is a document that forgetful later clarified to me was a document from a cdc study. 

If you read it, it mentions to qualify for the study the positive test needed to be Ct equal or less then 28.

This whole time CDC was accepting and reporting Covid cases up to Ct 40, simply was wondering if anyone knew why the change.

Again, how'd you notice the discrepancy? Read cdc documents frequently for fun?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10131 on: May 05, 2021, 06:24:29 AM »
Again, how'd you notice the discrepancy? Read cdc documents frequently for fun?

No. My dad was hospitalized as a breakthrough case (vaccinated since early March) so I was doing way too much reading on what breakthrough cases are, how they’re defined, hospitalization rate, etc

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10132 on: May 05, 2021, 06:40:08 AM »
Exactly.

And now furin cleavage.

Clearly this is all discussion meant to point to the lab leak hypothesis or some other conspiracy.

If you read the link you’d understand there is nothing conspiratorial about the link or the evidence with in.

Author does a great job (imo) walking you through the evidence and argument for an animal to human theory and then the same for the lab leak theory, it’s got to be one or the other.

He doesn’t come up with a conclusion in the article so when i need further conversation and clarification to be told how to think I go to two spots.  Mi amor y scoop.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10133 on: May 05, 2021, 07:12:41 AM »
Exactly.

And now furin cleavage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56581246.amp

And if you still consider the lab leak as complete hogwash conspiracy then I repeat, your head is in the sand.

I have no idea if it’s true but a lot of legitimate news sources and the WHO for crying out loud believe it needs further evaluating. 

Just cause Anderson Cooper or Jake Tapper aren’t covering it doesn’t mean it’s not worth looking into.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10134 on: May 05, 2021, 08:43:00 AM »
No. My dad was hospitalized as a breakthrough case (vaccinated since early March) so I was doing way too much reading on what breakthrough cases are, how they’re defined, hospitalization rate, etc

Why didn't you say that to begin with?

Can't blame other posters for being a bit skeptical considering your history.

I never said lab leak was hogwash. I said it was a hypothesis.

I'll be interested to follow your further posts on support for the WHO and news sources.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10135 on: May 05, 2021, 09:04:39 AM »

The whole number of cycles debate was in the news last summer.

I'm not going to search for it, so jesmu, you don't have to hound me daily for the next month.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10136 on: May 05, 2021, 10:07:36 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1389959123752599552

My boy Scotty is on board.  Or am I the former head of the FDA?  Or maybe I’m Chico?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10137 on: May 05, 2021, 12:18:13 PM »
The whole number of cycles debate was in the news last summer.

I'm not going to search for it, so jesmu, you don't have to hound me daily for the next month.

Lol. Whatever you say

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10138 on: May 05, 2021, 01:10:54 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1389959123752599552

My boy Scotty is on board.  Or am I the former head of the FDA?  Or maybe I’m Chico?

I wouldn't say he is on board.  What he and the author of the article are putting forth are that it can't be ruled out.

Also, you MAY want to check out the background of the author of the article.  He is certainly an interesting guy.

In the end, does it matter as to the origin of the virus?  IF it leaked from a lab, I'm sure that by now the safety procedures have changed.  What would you like to see happen?  Sanctions?  Retribution?  What would that look like?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10139 on: May 05, 2021, 01:44:58 PM »
I wouldn't say he is on board.  What he and the author of the article are putting forth are that it can't be ruled out.

Also, you MAY want to check out the background of the author of the article.  He is certainly an interesting guy.

In the end, does it matter as to the origin of the virus?  IF it leaked from a lab, I'm sure that by now the safety procedures have changed.  What would you like to see happen?  Sanctions?  Retribution?  What would that look like?

You're right, I should have provided further detail.  He’s definitely not on board with it being a lab leak definitely but seems to agree there’s enough smoke there to warrant further investigation and for anyone to call a lab leak a conspiracy at this point is crazy.

If it’s determined to be a lab leak then I would expect further investigation into whether it was a purposeful leak or accidental.  If accidental like you said make sure lessons are learned and adjustments made.  If purposeful then there needs to be severe repercussions.  We’re a long way from that though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10140 on: May 05, 2021, 01:50:20 PM »
You're right, I should have provided further detail.  He’s definitely not on board with it being a lab leak definitely but seems to agree there’s enough smoke there to warrant further investigation and for anyone to call a lab leak a conspiracy at this point is crazy.

If it’s determined to be a lab leak then I would expect further investigation into whether it was a purposeful leak or accidental.  If accidental like you said make sure lessons are learned and adjustments made.  If purposeful then there needs to be severe repercussions.  We’re a long way from that though.

Agree generally, but I don't know what kind of severe repercussions we would be willing to go for.  Isolate China like we've done to Iran or DPRK?  Adios to the world economy!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10141 on: May 05, 2021, 02:02:24 PM »

Agreed, actually.

The only report released was verified through the chinese admin before release with much conflict of interest.

Need impartial report done.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10142 on: May 05, 2021, 02:09:03 PM »
Agree generally, but I don't know what kind of severe repercussions we would be willing to go for.  Isolate China like we've done to Iran or DPRK?  Adios to the world economy!

Ya I’m not sure what the appropriate repercussions would be to the purposeful leak of a bio weapon which results in millions of deaths and significant economic harm. 

On paper that’s an act of war so can’t imagine a scenario in which we would just let them get away with it and ask them to not do it again.  If indeed it turned out to be both an intentional leak that was followed by a cover up it would certainly be a mess.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10143 on: May 05, 2021, 02:17:38 PM »
Lol. Whatever you say

That's about the extent of your contributions here.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10144 on: May 05, 2021, 02:32:53 PM »
That's about the extent of your contributions here.

Your gaslighting is fun.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10145 on: May 05, 2021, 04:00:21 PM »
Your gaslighting is fun.

I have gas, that is true.  However, I learned the hard way not to light my farts back in college.  It was funny at the time and I still chuckle about it now and then.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10146 on: May 05, 2021, 04:20:27 PM »
I have gas, that is true.  However, I learned the hard way not to light my farts back in college.  It was funny at the time and I still chuckle about it now and then.

Any pics/video?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10147 on: May 05, 2021, 05:02:01 PM »
Any pics/video?

Pre camera phones, praised be Jesus Christ.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10148 on: May 09, 2021, 10:25:15 AM »
this thing is airborne.  Lets just accept that and not do things that would allow you to catch/transmit it indoors.

You don't say...
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/05/cdc-coronavirus-airborne-infection-six-feet.html