collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1108766 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10000 on: March 18, 2021, 08:11:55 AM »
Fauci and Birx don't make the top 20 of errors made by the previous administration in regards to COVID. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #10001 on: March 18, 2021, 09:31:11 AM »
12 cases soon to be zero, en na?
Pack the pews for Easter 2020!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10002 on: March 18, 2021, 11:04:39 AM »
12 cases soon to be zero, en na?
Pack the pews for Easter 2020!

2 weeks to flatten the curve.

As others have said, lots gotten wrong a year ago.   But keep being obtuse.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10003 on: March 18, 2021, 08:16:04 PM »
Other than discouraging mask use (let the record show that it was Fauci who announced initially that masks were of no value), having Fauci and Birx as the face of covid was the greatest error Trump made in handling the pandemic, hey?

Ewe ar funnie
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #10004 on: March 18, 2021, 10:03:10 PM »
2 weeks to flatten the curve.

As others have said, lots gotten wrong a year ago.   But keep being obtuse.
I’m being obtuse, yet people keeping saying Fauci can’t be trusted because he said (rightfully as PPEs were in short supply) that the general public didn’t need masks at one point in time. As conditions changed, so did his opinion.
Trump, not so much.
And we are at last summer second wave levels and idiots think we are home free.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10005 on: March 18, 2021, 10:18:17 PM »
Other than discouraging mask use (let the record show that it was Fauci who announced initially that masks were of no value), having Fauci and Birx as the face of covid was the greatest error Trump made in handling the pandemic, hey?

Let's be clear here, regarding mask use, Fauci et al., followed the WH's orders. The NIH had the data showing the benefits of mask use. It was taken to Trump/Pence. Fauci/Birx were in favor of promoting mask use. Trump/Pence refused to allow it to be published/promoted.

Source: The people at the NIH that did the original studies and were told to stand down, and denied the right to publish their data, until significantly later.

There were two phases to the resistance agains public mask use. The first was a panel decision to discourage public mask use due to massive shortages for healthcare workers. That was needed to protect front-line workers. Also, at that phase there was a general belief, based on early data, that spread via surfaces was much more pronounced, in that case mask use can exacerbate spread due to constant touching of the mouth/face. It was later determined that wasn't a source of spread, and the primary spread was droplets...which general masks can mitigate.

The second phase was a deliberate block of the science from the WH (see above).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:24:48 PM by forgetful »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10008 on: March 19, 2021, 10:41:10 PM »
Fauci and Birx don't make the top 20 of errors made by the previous administration in regards to COVID.

you can take the trump goggles off now tower and worry more about uncle joe and heels up's blowing past the previous admin's "issues" faster than you can say "come on man"!  i'm more worried about the super spreaders and undocumented dems being dispersed throughout for starters
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #10009 on: March 20, 2021, 07:00:30 AM »
  you can take the trump goggles off now tower and worry more about uncle joe and heels up's blowing past the previous admin's "issues" faster than you can say "come on man"!  i'm more worried about the super spreaders and undocumented dems being dispersed throughout for starters

White people who spread disease are exercising their freedoms.   Brown people who spread disease are scary.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10010 on: March 20, 2021, 08:17:14 AM »
Thanks, Rudy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10011 on: March 20, 2021, 10:09:19 AM »
White people who spread disease are exercising their freedoms.   Brown people who spread disease are scary.

you're being purposefully contrarian fluff-it's the untested illegal, undocumented, human traffickers, cartels, terrorists, child sex traffickers, carrying covid into the country.  i don't care what color they are.  if i were to fly back into MY own country, i have to show them who i am and test negative for covid.  that sounds like discrimination to me.  at a time when we are trying to get this virus under control within our own boundaries, your peeps are letting more diseased in so doc fowski can go back on tv and tell us to add another mask to our faces

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10012 on: March 20, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »
  you're being purposefully contrarian fluff-it's the untested illegal, undocumented, human traffickers, cartels, terrorists, child sex traffickers, carrying covid into the country.  i don't care what color they are.  if i were to fly back into MY own country, i have to show them who i am and test negative for covid.  that sounds like discrimination to me.  at a time when we are trying to get this virus under control within our own boundaries, your peeps are letting more diseased in so doc fowski can go back on tv and tell us to add another mask to our faces

lmao

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10013 on: March 20, 2021, 12:54:46 PM »

Someone start posting these as Google reviews.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10014 on: March 20, 2021, 01:03:22 PM »

The only 'undocumented' people being newly allowed in right now are unaccompanied minors...and that requires Covid testing and quarantining.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good political rant.

• All American
« Reply #10015 on: March 20, 2021, 02:19:37 PM »

The only 'undocumented' people being newly allowed in right now are unaccompanied minors...and that requires Covid testing and quarantining.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good political rant.

He’s too far gone to have a rational discussion at this point. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10016 on: March 20, 2021, 03:45:38 PM »

I'm interested in your source for the type of people in the caravan. Can you point to it?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #10017 on: March 20, 2021, 04:11:54 PM »
An interesting article based on su Covid’s Partisan Errors

Republicans tend to underestimate Covid risks — and Democrats tend to exaggerate them. Survey of 35,000

Covid’s Partisan Errors

Republicans tend to underestimate Covid risks — and Democrats tend to exaggerate them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/18/briefing/atlanta-shootings-kamala-harris-tax-deadline-2021.html

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:37:41 AM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10018 on: March 20, 2021, 09:10:05 PM »
What a sucker.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10019 on: March 20, 2021, 10:12:12 PM »

So you don't care about US citizens spreading covid?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10020 on: March 21, 2021, 07:44:15 AM »
Yep, unmasked Ohioans probably led.to VCU having to forfeit an NCAA tourney game.   But at least they are 'murcan, ai'na?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10021 on: March 21, 2021, 11:22:16 AM »
So you don't care about US citizens spreading covid?

dumb question...as it seems we are controlling our spread, noted by decreasing cases, deaths and vaccinations, yet we are allowing untested illegals in then transporting them throughout the country.  they could very possibly be carrying the brazilian variant or any other form of the virus in. not to mention those blowing through the unfinished wall sections.  if they don't crash their mini-vans loaded to the hilt, who knows where they are spreading the virus.  weird how this admin won't let press within a moon lens shot of the border situation though.  i wonder what they are hiding? 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10022 on: March 21, 2021, 12:23:27 PM »
dumb question...as it seems we are controlling our spread, noted by decreasing cases, deaths and vaccinations, yet we are allowing untested illegals in then transporting them throughout the country.  they could very possibly be carrying the brazilian variant or any other form of the virus in. not to mention those blowing through the unfinished wall sections.  if they don't crash their mini-vans loaded to the hilt, who knows where they are spreading the virus.  weird how this admin won't let press within a moon lens shot of the border situation though.  i wonder what they are hiding?

You didn't answer the question.

Do YOU care about US citizens spreading the virus?

If you do, your posts over the last year have not demonstrated that stance as you've been against evidence-based control measures.

Therefore, I conclude that your commentary about the border has nothing to do with the virus itself.

Carry on.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #10023 on: March 21, 2021, 03:13:00 PM »
https://www.borderreport.com/hot-topics/immigration/south-texas-charity-taking-in-hundreds-of-released-migrants-daily-testing-them-for-coronavirus/

Catholic Charities is testing migrants and quarantining any positives. Huge operation run, of course, by a nun. Because they get things done...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10024 on: March 21, 2021, 06:50:19 PM »

because antifa!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback