[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kevin Willard...views of him from Scoop Intelligentsia Past  (Read 9740 times)

SoCalEagle

• All American
Re: Kevin Willard...views of him from Scoop Intelligentsia Past
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »
Some of you are too young.....Huggins actually had a couple of players kidnap a local drug dealer.....tie him up.....and torture him with a "red hot" metal coat hanger to have him tell them where his "stash" was located....

That is an all timer.....

I also like the story of the guy that punched a police horse ....

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2020, 05:44:44 PM »
Sorry.  Paint Touches story with 1-21 were away from home games vs. Top 25.  Buffalo and Whiskey were home games.

Ahhh....yeah, I knew the claim made was complete bullshyte, but glad it is now corrected.

In other news, Fox had their top four seed lines today.  Three of our five losses come from teams seeded 2nd through fourth.  We also have a win over a projected three seed.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2020, 05:45:25 PM »
Here it is. 2-24 against teams that finished the year Kenpom top 20.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59610.msg1187706#msg1187706

Too bad it is fake news and false. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2020, 06:29:43 PM »

Ahhh....yeah, I knew the claim made was complete bullshyte, but glad it is now corrected.

In other news, Fox had their top four seed lines today.  Three of our five losses come from teams seeded 2nd through fourth.  We also have a win over a projected three seed.

Just win the next three and we can lay it to rest, hey?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2020, 04:05:34 PM »
Willard went 3-4 down the stretch to tie for the Big East title.

He hasn’t made it past the second round yet in 8+ years. I’m not sure this makes me feel a ton better about the Wojo era.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2020, 06:28:27 PM »
Willard went 3-4 down the stretch to tie for the Big East title.

He hasn’t made it past the second round yet in 8+ years. I’m not sure this makes me feel a ton better about the Wojo era.

5 of the last 10 including 3 at home. Still a lot of basketball left, but that’s careening into the home stretch with overheated brakes for what should be their best season since Carliesmo left

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 07:09:12 AM »
Willard and Wojo are comparable from the standpoint that they would be the last and 2nd last guys on the planet you'd want coaching your team down 2 with 30 seconds left. 

They are also both quite good at recruiting.

The main - and critically important difference - is that Willard's teams are tough.  They are more like Buzz's teams.  In fact, in many ways Willard reminds me of Buzz but with about 12 fewer psychological disorders. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2020, 07:31:51 AM »
Cheeks - I agree totally with your original point; that SHU is being rewarded for its patience with Willard. In his first five seasons at SHU, he was well below .500 in the BE (and just barely over .500 overall), and didn't go to a single NCAA tournament. So your point is well taken: many here who are constantly ripping on Wojo likely would have drawn and quartered Willard after five seasons.
Oh yeah. Now it is Willard portrayed as reason to keep Wojo. Previously it was Wright. Yes, we have seen the light. Wojos turnaround is just around the corner.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2020, 07:50:22 AM »
The main - and critically important difference - is that Willard's teams are tough.  They are more like Buzz's teams.  In fact, in many ways Willard reminds me of Buzz but with about 12 fewer psychological disorders.

Buzz used to be Willard's biggest defender. Always talked him up as a great coach. They're cut from the same cloth, but where Buzz is the better coach, Willard is the more loyal.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2020, 08:36:06 AM »
so we are playing a really pissed off SH team on 9:30 thursday night on a floor that is more home to them than to us...speakin of wojo only leaving(maybe) if there's an opening somewhere?  either coach shashefskeee opens up a spot next to scheyer or unlv may have an opening  ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2020, 08:38:19 AM »
There aren't going to be many openings this year.  And the last month has really taken any shine that may have been left on Wojo.  Any fanbase whose school hires Wojo is going to hugely disappointed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2020, 09:37:43 AM »
There aren't going to be many openings this year.  And the last month has really taken any shine that may have been left on Wojo.  Any fanbase whose school hires Wojo is going to hugely disappointed.

It depends. If it's a fanbase already disappointed that sees Wojo walk in with a top-10 recruiting class (which he could still do) then maybe he's satisfying in the short term.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2020, 10:04:38 AM »
Yes  that is why we should be happy to have him
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback