[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Texas Fans Done With Shaka Smart - Is His Fate Tied To Wojo's?  (Read 52585 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Texas Fans Done With Shaka Smart - Is His Fate Tied To Wojo's?
« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2020, 08:58:17 AM »
Eye got da cream cheese. Any y'all got da bagels and lox, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2020, 09:03:50 AM »
The only way for the world to be right for some folks here is if Duke hires a female African American head coach to replace Coach K...the message of love and inclusion it would send to the world.

The only thing more just would be for them to be even more noble themselves, for example resign from the fire dept to give more opportunities to others for Milwaukee’s past hiring sins that continue to this day.

#WokeDuke
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2020, 10:46:01 AM »
The only way for the world to be right for some folks here is if Duke hires a female African American head coach to replace Coach K...the message of love and inclusion it would send to the world.

No one said that.  Again, you are having trouble reading in this topic.  And when you make absurd statements like this, you clearly have nothing else better to do than draw attention to yourself.  Per usual.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2020, 11:19:16 AM »

No one said that.  Again, you are having trouble reading in this topic.  And when you make absurd statements like this, you clearly have nothing else better to do than draw attention to yourself.  Per usual.

It's amazing how defensive some people get. Easier to focus outward than inward, I suppose.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2020, 09:26:54 PM »
It's amazing how defensive some people get. Easier to focus outward than inward, I suppose.

What was said (by you) didn't have to be said and wasn't remotely part of the conversation, but some people just feel like they have to inject that crap whenever possible.  Is it guilt...what is it?  I don't want to suppose, asking for a friend.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2020, 12:07:06 AM »

The only thing more just would be for them to be even more noble themselves, for example resign from the fire dept to give more opportunities to others for Milwaukee’s past hiring sins that continue to this day.

#WokeDuke

Dude, I think you're spreading yourself a little too thin on too many threads and too many topics. I'm not sure what your point is and I'm not sure you do either. Criticizing someone for injecting race into a conversation then accusing them of being SJWs who won't be happy until a black woman is named the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan??
WTAF

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2020, 09:37:15 AM »

Dude, I think you're spreading yourself a little too thin on too many threads and too many topics. I'm not sure what your point is and I'm not sure you do either. Criticizing someone for injecting race into a conversation then accusing them of being SJWs who won't be happy until a black woman is named the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan??
WTAF

The point was simple, same guys driven by whatever inner conflict they have, inject this stuff intermittently when they can.  It’s no different than politics...somewhere they think they are scoring SJW points or showing how woke they are.  Then when they are called on it they go into their same mode each time.  There was ZERO need to go down that path, but considering the poster whom went there and the track record of doing it before....well it was not surprising.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2020, 09:55:04 AM »
Imagine what could be accomplished if certain people put as much effort into fighting racism as they do into fighting any acknowledgement that racism remains a daily factor in lives of many American.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2020, 12:38:52 PM »
What was said (by you) didn't have to be said and wasn't remotely part of the conversation, but some people just feel like they have to inject that crap whenever possible.  Is it guilt...what is it?  I don't want to suppose, asking for a friend.

Let it go.  It was not needed by him, but you adding to it is not needed either. 

Fanning the flames comes to mind.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2020, 11:51:15 PM »
Imagine what could be accomplished if certain people put as much effort into fighting racism as they do into fighting any acknowledgement that racism remains a daily factor in lives of many American.

Yep. Agree.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2020, 09:00:31 AM »

Imagine how much additional progress would be made if real racism was fought and not have non-racist events labeled as such which only turns people off and prevents progress because people throw their hands up in despair.   Imagine if we focused on the REAL stuff....imagine. 

Imagine actually punishing the people (J.S.) that perpetuate the fake stuff and not automatically believing everything he said...imagine the progress that would make so we can concentrate on where it ACTUALLY happens.  Imagine.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 09:54:11 AM by Cheeks »

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2020, 04:49:12 AM »
Imagine how much additional progress would be made if real racism was fought and not have non-racist events labeled as such which only turns people off and prevents progress because people throw their hands up in despair.   Imagine if we focused on the REAL stuff....imagine. 

Imagine actually punishing the people (J.S.) that perpetuate the fake stuff and not automatically believing everything he said...imagine the progress that would make so we can concentrate on where it ACTUALLY happens.  Imagine.

Chicos nails it, until the world is perfect, why try and make it better?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2020, 10:02:16 AM »
We fixed the glitch, he won't be getting a pay check anymore. The problem will sort of fix itself

Chicos, probably.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »
Chicos nails it, until the world is perfect, why try and make it better?

I’m all about making it better...the stuff legitimately needing to be made better. 

This situation does not fall into that category....not by any stretch.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2020, 02:37:53 PM »

Thank goodness you're around to tell everyone what's "real" racism and what isn't. I mean, who better to decide that than a well-off, middle-aged white dude from the suburbs.
And clearly the feelings of white people are what matter most here. The despair they must feel.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2020, 07:57:16 PM »

If you wonder why people refer to you in terms you consider derogatory, this is why. It's because of what you say and post. It's not them, it's you.

panda

• All American
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »

Lol you’re crazy

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2020, 08:44:56 PM »
If you wonder why people refer to you in terms you consider derogatory, this is why. It's because of what you say and post. It's not them, it's you.

You mean pointing out fake hustling like JS?  Of course of course...never your fault, someone else...someone made me say stupid stuff.  Classic defense.  Good Lord

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2020, 09:14:17 PM »
You mean pointing out fake hustling like JS?  Of course of course...never your fault, someone else...someone made me say stupid stuff.  Classic defense.  Good Lord

Oh no, no one made you say anything. And basically this is the "I don't have to take ownership for my words" defense, which is beyond childish. Seriously, stop digging.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2020, 09:39:04 PM »
13% of the force vs 40% of the population of MKE.  A lot of work to do Brew, I hope you can make a real difference where it matters as that seems to be much larger problem than who the Duke University head basketball coach, but just my opinion.

Go ahead and get the last word in...fine by me.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2020, 09:54:50 PM »
13% of the force vs 40% of the population of MKE.  A lot of work to do Brew, I hope you can make a real difference where it matters as that seems to be much larger problem than who the Duke University head basketball coach, but just my opinion.

Go ahead and get the last word in...fine by me.

I have no idea what any of this means. More of the delusional crap you spin out that no one ever said.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2020, 09:56:57 PM »
Hey guys, this is MUScoop. Let's keep the discussion to the purpose of this site .............................Middle East peace.

Israel, RAH! RAH!

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2020, 06:54:16 PM »
Shaka down 43-17 late in first half against Huggy Bear.......

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2020, 07:51:41 PM »
shaka can(not)down by 40 with 9 minutes to go?  gonna be a long walk home
don't...don't don't don't don't

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »
Woj will end up being on a list of potential Shaka replacements at UT I’d wager.

I’d also guess Beilien somehow works something out with the Cavs to let him end up taking the Texas job come mid April.

feedback