[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: McEwen  (Read 28920 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: McEwen
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2020, 07:54:17 AM »
Wondering if he will end up grad transferring out of here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2020, 07:57:13 AM »
I wonder if Elliott will start getting his minutes. Maybe coming off the bench will help McEwen get out of this funk.

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2020, 08:13:15 AM »
I wonder if Elliott will start getting his minutes. Maybe coming off the bench will help McEwen get out of this funk.

Start Elliott.  Put the ball back in Markus' hands.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2020, 08:14:20 AM »
peak scoop.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2020, 10:03:22 AM »
Before the season I asked if someone could put together Kobys stats from playing high majors/tournament teams. In those games he was pretty horrific, since then I did not have high hopes Koby was going to be our savior.

Edit: Actually I misremembered the quote

Utah St's OOC was kind of weak in the years he was there.  In his freshman year 16-17, he averaged 7 pts, 2 rebounds, 2 assists against Purdue, Texas Tech, and BYU.  Sophomore year, even smaller sample set, but he played really well against BYU and put up 20-3-3.  He had foul trouble against Utah and only played 12 min, couple points and boards.

However, you look in conference, against tourney teams, and he shined.  MWC was a one bid team (Nevada) his first year.  He averaged 16-6-1 in their 2 matchups including 26 in their first meeting.

Sophomore year, Nevada and SDSU made the tourney, he averaged 19-6-4 including putting up 32 at home.

So he wasn't just feasting on cupcakes.  Once he got settled in by regular season of his freshman year, he looked pretty dang good.

Maybe we actually should be disappointed then
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 10:08:07 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

panda

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2020, 10:39:20 AM »

Sorry but when you are talking basketball, that is simply not what it means.  Just admit that you were mistaken and move on.

Ok poindexter take a hike. Or do you want to google that to make sure it’s appropriate too? Let me save you the time, it most certainly is.

LON

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »
Ok poindexter take a hike. Or do you want to google that to make sure it’s appropriate too? Let me save you the time, it most certainly is.

Dude.  You were wrong.  Get over it.  Judging by your subsequent responses, you're going to be wrong on something again.

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2020, 10:56:46 AM »

You can keep doubling down on being wrong, or man up and admit when you were mistaken.  Unfortunately you have decided to do the former, which is a shame and a betrayal of your Marquette education.

So I will Google it and show you the results:

http://basketball-statistics.com/whosablackholeinthenba.html

"I’d say that a “black hole” is a player who shoots the ball almost every time he touches it. He rarely passes the ball to an open teammate, and shoots a low percentage to boot."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1031971-carmelo-anthony-and-the-biggest-black-holes-in-the-nba

"Whoopi is calling Patton a black hole at that point because of the fact that he refuses to pass the ball..."

https://en.mimi.hu/basketball/black_hole.html

"Black hole: An oldie but a goodie, it describes a player who gets the ball and never passes."

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/4/1973237/kobe-bryant-black-hole

"In the NBA, the definition stretches to include any player considered to shoot too much without spreading the love."

So in other words, you are flat out wrong.  Which is fine.  People are wrong all the time.  I'm wrong all the time.

But being wrong and refusing to acknowledge you are wrong despite evidence that shows it, shows lack of character.  So what will do you?  Will you triple down?  Or will you finally admit your mistake?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
Start Elliott.  Put the ball back in Markus' hands.

Gets my Vote.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

panda

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2020, 11:07:16 AM »

You can keep doubling down on being wrong, or man up and admit when you were mistaken.  Unfortunately you have decided to do the former, which is a shame and a betrayal of your Marquette education.

So I will Google it and show you the results:

http://basketball-statistics.com/whosablackholeinthenba.html

"I’d say that a “black hole” is a player who shoots the ball almost every time he touches it. He rarely passes the ball to an open teammate, and shoots a low percentage to boot."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1031971-carmelo-anthony-and-the-biggest-black-holes-in-the-nba

"Whoopi is calling Patton a black hole at that point because of the fact that he refuses to pass the ball..."

https://en.mimi.hu/basketball/black_hole.html

"Black hole: An oldie but a goodie, it describes a player who gets the ball and never passes."

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/4/1973237/kobe-bryant-black-hole

"In the NBA, the definition stretches to include any player considered to shoot too much without spreading the love."

So in other words, you are flat out wrong.  Which is fine.  People are wrong all the time.  I'm wrong all the time.

But being wrong and refusing to acknowledge you are wrong despite evidence that shows it, shows lack of character.  So what will do you?  Will you triple down?  Or will you finally admit your mistake?

Sure - I was wrong in the literal sense according to your best friend the internet. It would bother me, but then I see that you’ve continued googling and gathering more sources to support yourself and I just sit back and laugh at what a colossal waste of time you spent doing that. Anytime longer than one second is too much. 

Maybe next time use half of your single brain cell and do some critical thinking. Sometimes a versatile expression which can be used in many different contexts doesn’t always fit in your box of expected meanings.

Keep googling brother!

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2020, 11:10:45 AM »
Sure - I was wrong in the literal sense

White flag noted.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2020, 11:14:26 AM »
Dammit Koby look what you've caused.

panda

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2020, 11:15:46 AM »

White flag noted.

I just googled white flag and it says that it means a truce or ceasefire so you’re actually wrong too.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2020, 11:30:55 AM »
Dude just pulled out a google search for black hole. Get a life man.

Black hole = negative influence = Koby

Think black holes from physics--they suck things in [read: the ball], and never come out.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2020, 01:04:01 PM »
I just googled white flag and it says that it means a truce or ceasefire so you’re actually wrong too.

"unintentionally, as a result of very poor management decisions that result in a practical surrender"

But aren't you wasting time looking that up?  LOL
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

panda

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2020, 03:05:24 PM »
It’s called mocking little boy. For someone who is constantly mocked while going over your head, that may be hard for you to grasp.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2020, 03:09:42 PM »
It’s called mocking little boy. For someone who is constantly mocked while going over your head, that may be hard for you to grasp.

And here I hoped people gave up acting like children on the internet for the new year. 

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »
Pretty gutsy searching that on Google.

LOL!!  NSFW?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

source?

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2020, 08:19:20 PM »
Koby's stat line for tonight:

0 for 2 field goals. His three point attempt hit the top of the backboard, not an airball. 
4 turnovers
4 fouls.

He has made one outside shot in his last four games, the only one being a three against KSU late in the game.  One shot.

Last nine games:

Field goals: 12 for 59 (20%)
Threes:        5 for 35 (10%)
Turnovers: 27
Fouls:        28

Some have said look beyond his scoring, even at his "swagger".  Right.    Two fouls tonight in 50 seconds, screwed up the lineup rotation, defensive responsibilities went elsewhere and didn't show up again.  Zero points, 4 turnovers and 4 fouls.  With MU getting absolutely nothing from three players playing the five, Koby needs to get it together or this season going to be real long.

He has been garbage on offense, but am I really going to have to be the one to point out (two pages later) the 5/35 is not 10%? I mean, that's just basic first grade stuff. Not that 14% is really much better but that's another issue.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2020, 08:49:10 PM »
He has been garbage on offense, but am I really going to have to be the one to point out (two pages later) the 5/35 is not 10%? I mean, that's just basic first grade stuff. Not that 14% is really much better but that's another issue.

14%. Typo, appreciate it and happy now.  Just point out error and refrain from first grade comment next time, no need for that. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2020, 08:55:34 PM »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2020, 09:08:36 PM »

Yeah, I know.  But maybe get one poster at a time from not making some snide comment every post, this place can get back to what it was. Look at the other threads going on now.

Not sensitive, but “hey nyg,it should be 14%, not 10%” would have sufficed.

source?

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2020, 09:18:58 PM »
Yeah, I know.  But maybe get one poster at a time from not making some snide comment every post, this place can get back to what it was. Look at the other threads going on now.

Not sensitive, but “hey nyg,it should be 14%, not 10%” would have sufficed.

Hilarious. Yep, it's super snide pointing out that percentages, which are literally taught in first grade, are first grade level math. Cool. Continue on with your thread where 3 posts above mine someone called a grown adult "little boy."

panda

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2020, 09:21:39 PM »
Hilarious. Yep, it's super snide pointing out that percentages, which are literally taught in first grade, are first grade level math. Cool. Continue on with your thread where 3 posts above mine someone called a grown adult "little boy."

Chicos means little boys in Spanish. It’s a double entendre genius.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2020, 09:25:05 PM »
What the F is wrong with you people?

SMDH