Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: McEwen  (Read 28861 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: McEwen
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2020, 09:38:40 PM »
What the F is wrong with you people?

SMDH

More importantly, Sultan and Chico’s agree, and form an alliance to go after Panda. 

Cats and dogs having a love fest.

Hillary and Trump making out.

Next, Lenny has Chico’s over for Sunday dinner.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2020, 08:12:28 AM »
More importantly, Sultan and Chico’s agree, and form an alliance to go after Panda. 

Panda's been dead an buried for nearly 24 hours now.  No longer worth my time.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2020, 08:39:30 AM »

This board has turned into quite the black hole....too soon?

panda

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2020, 09:30:41 AM »

Glad to know I still own real estate in your brain

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2020, 09:37:44 AM »

Cats and dogs having a love fest.

Hillary and Trump making out.

Next, Lenny has Chico’s over for Sunday dinner.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2020, 11:07:34 AM »
Said it before, hope I don't say it again.

Koby isn't very good. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2020, 11:19:53 AM »
Black hole is more politically incorrect than warriors.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2020, 12:20:54 PM »
Black hole is more politically incorrect than warriors.

NASA in the process of changing it.....  https://lingojam.com/PoliticallyCorrectTranslator
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2020, 11:22:06 AM »

You’re sure he’s not really this bad huh, ok. Not sure what that’s based from. He’s a mid major player

Mid-major players can be pretty good apparently. He won’t be as good as he was yesterday every game, but he sure as hell isn’t as bad as his rough stretch. In other words, he’s human. I’m glad he’s on our team. He needed to see the ball go in a few times; hopefully he has turned a corner in terms of the weight of the slump off of him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2020, 09:28:01 PM »
Mid-major players can be pretty good apparently. He won’t be as good as he was yesterday every game, but he sure as hell isn’t as bad as his rough stretch. In other words, he’s human. I’m glad he’s on our team. He needed to see the ball go in a few times; hopefully he has turned a corner in terms of the weight of the slump off of him.

Said much the same, SAW.

If that performance helped him get his confidence back, and we see stuff like that more often, yesterday's game will have been the most important of the season -- and for a lot more than being a win vs. the nation's 10th-ranked team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2020, 09:43:03 PM »
Koby will be fine.  He’s got moxie, spirit and gives it his all.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2020, 11:01:32 PM »
He's got cream soda?

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2020, 11:24:59 PM »
Koby was doing his thing all along, deferring to Markus a bit to much offensively, but still doing a lot of the little things. He actually had a decent stat line a couple of the games before he hurt his thumb. That really wasn't what he needed for his first road game in conference.  And it showed. Here's to his confidence and his thumb continuing to improve.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2020, 06:25:10 AM »
Koby was doing his thing all along, deferring to Markus a bit to much offensively, but still doing a lot of the little things. He actually had a decent stat line a couple of the games before he hurt his thumb. That really wasn't what he needed for his first road game in conference.  And it showed. Here's to his confidence and his thumb continuing to improve.

He said himself in an interview he knows he wasn't playing great. He was helping in other ways sure but let's not pretend he was playing that way on purpose
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2020, 09:53:59 PM »
He reverted back to his mid-major self tonight (2-10, 0-3 on 3s).
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2020, 10:21:44 PM »
He reverted back to his mid-major self tonight (2-10, 0-3 on 3s).

4 lightly contested missed layups in the second half, he has an odd little underhanded flip on his takes for no good reason. Finish strong. Too bad he is texhnically very poor in his mechanics and they really hurt him
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2020, 10:34:18 PM »
He said himself in an interview he knows he wasn't playing great. He was helping in other ways sure but let's not pretend he was playing that way on purpose
Yeah, I don't disagree. That was the point I was trying to make. He wasn't playing aggressively enough on offense. He' was deferring to Markus too much, and he's not the only one. Sacar has a habit of being passive on offense at times. Both Koby and Sacar showed more aggressiveness today driving to the hole but they just didn't finish consistently. Koby hurting his thumb doesn't help matters. That's why I noted his decent stat line the two games before the injury. It was the last thing Koby needed right as he was starting to contribute more offensively. The Creighton game was Koby at his worst offensively, the Villanova game was Koby at his best. The team needs to get the median of those two games from Koby every night to be successful. And he still needs to do " the little things ".

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2020, 01:46:24 AM »
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I%20don%27t%20disagree%20with%20you
Yeah that was poorly worded, though I do stand by my point about Koby looking better in the two games before he hurt his thumb. And notice I said decent and for two games. I didn't even include the Purdue game because I felt it was an outlier. I did not suggest he had been playing well the entire preseason. He was playing like a utility player not like a stud combo guard. I thought he was easing into the offense and not trying to step on anyone's toes( egos ya know ). I also believe the thumb injury right before the Creighton game affected his play. He bounced back in the Villanova game but everything was going in for him that game. I posted after the game that I was hopeful but skeptical of a repeat performance. I have no idea how bad the thumb is so I'll cut him some slack on his misses at the rim, but if it is leading to missed shots Sacar may need more minutes at the point. Obviously Wojo doesn't trust Symir yet.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2020, 06:17:27 AM »
Koby was awful last night.  And thumb injury or not some of those layups he threw up there were absolute garbage.  Wojo said something about "funny shots" on the postgame with Homer and I'm certain he was talking about the Koby layups that didn't go anywhere near the basket.  The kid is athletic and can get to the hoop, but once there he's a waste. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2020, 07:25:23 AM »
Once Koby has the ball his first instinct to try and hoist a shot. Couple times last night the GOAT was open and Koby took it in his own hands to make a play. I would give the freshman a ton more playing time at the point. He will be needed next year and beyond.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2020, 11:55:45 AM »
Once Koby has the ball his first instinct to try and hoist a shot. Couple times last night the GOAT was open and Koby took it in his own hands to make a play. I would give the freshman a ton more playing time at the point. He will be needed next year and beyond.

Agreed. Time to put this matter to bed.  He's not any good, and what do we have to lose by playing a freshman at this point?
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2020, 12:00:32 PM »
Agreed. Time to put this matter to bed.  He's not any good, and what do we have to lose by playing a freshman at this point?

Koby has been really bad on offense, but Torrence is definitely a liability on defense right now. I'd like to see more of him, but he's the worst backcourt defender we have at this point.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2020, 12:13:56 PM »
Koby has been really bad on offense, but Torrence is definitely a liability on defense right now. I'd like to see more of him, but he's the worst backcourt defender we have at this point.
I still think McEwen will end up being very good for us and we need him to be if we are going to get into the tournament with a seed that gives us a chance.  I'm happy with a few more minutes for Torrence, though, I like his mindset with the ball in his hands.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2020, 01:28:17 PM »
See Jim rome’s Take on “pick up basketball guy”. Funny chit

Black hole is a guy who doesn’t pass

Ed?