[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214679 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #2000 on: March 04, 2022, 07:27:09 PM »
I did the rewatch with the Talking Sopranos podcast.

Seasons two and three are fantastic television. Felt that season four was in and out with season five into six dipping. But the back half of season six really upped the package. Uncle Junior underutilized as the series went on.

Furio is my favorite character with the Bucco's a joint second. Mikey Palmice and Adriana are criminally underrated in the listicles.

I think the Junior story ended perfectly.  Life doesn’t end as a fairy tale and often in the worst way possible. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2001 on: March 04, 2022, 08:11:08 PM »
Season 3 of the Food That Built America debuted last week with a look at Subway, my local company.
Episode 2 this Sunday features a look at Pabst & Schlitz for anyone interested in Milwaukee history.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2002 on: March 04, 2022, 10:25:22 PM »
Season 3 of the Food That Built America debuted last week with a look at Subway, my local company.
Episode 2 this Sunday features a look at Pabst & Schlitz for anyone interested in Milwaukee history.

I've enjoyed this series.

Anyone watch the Lincoln miniseries on History?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2003 on: March 05, 2022, 08:16:30 AM »

Me too.  Fascinating to see how certain brands took off and how they were innovative.  I've met Fred Renkur before like 25+ years ago as I'm known so many people who worked at Subway HQ

I DVR'd Lincoln and will watch but haven't yet.  History Channel has been doing a good job with these bio documentaries.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2004 on: March 05, 2022, 09:30:15 AM »
We are all sharing what we're watching, but I was curious to know what device are you are watching these shows on: Big Screen TV, desk top, tablet, phone?

I usually watch on my 60" plasma. Its 14 years old and still looks as good as when I bought it. Probably get one of those OLEDs when it finally dies.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2005 on: March 05, 2022, 09:34:32 AM »
We are all sharing what we're watching, but I was curious to know what device are you are watching these shows on: Big Screen TV, desk top, tablet, phone?

I usually watch on my 60" plasma. Its 14 years old and still looks as good as when I bought it. Probably get one of those OLEDs when it finally dies.

They're so inexpensive.  We bought a 82" Samsung 4k from Costco a few years back for a couple thousand.  And prices have only gone down and tech has only gone up since.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #2006 on: March 07, 2022, 09:25:52 AM »
I dumped the old 59" plasma in 2020 and got a great deal then on a 65" Sony XBR (OLED).

Pirated, er downloaded shows I load on a USB played through the B-D player.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2007 on: March 07, 2022, 09:30:34 AM »
55 inch TCL, which in my research is the best of the “off brand”, they make some incredible panels, and their Roku (now Google interface) is super clean and easy to use.

Also been building out a Sonos system, has the Beam, and two One SLs for surround and it’s fantastic. If I ever get a finished basement, will probably splurge for Sub, but not needed at this point.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2008 on: March 07, 2022, 11:22:32 AM »

I didn't know anything about it but caught an episode just channel surfing, and really enjoyed it. I'm definitely going to make a point to find and stream it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2009 on: March 07, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »
Thanks in great part to the input from fellow Scoopers, I ended up watching Cobra Kai. Just finished S4 yesterday, so all caught up.

It isn't great TV, but it isn't bad, either. It's fun, and it's easy to watch with nice short episodes. Macchio might be the worst actor on the show. Johnny's great, Creese is has been a good villain, and most of the kids are real good. I didn't even remember Silver from the movies, and they've decided to make him the biggest d-bag of all, so that'll be interesting going forward.

And Scoopers were right about it being totally unnecessary to re-watch the movies before watching the show. Lots of flashbacks and reminders throughout the series. I now sometimes wish Johnny had kicked Danny's arse!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2010 on: March 09, 2022, 08:28:45 AM »
Jon Stewart is so good

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2011 on: March 09, 2022, 11:04:17 AM »
Finished "Bodyguard" on Netflix.  6 episodes.  Excellent.  A UK cop/intel thriller.

A tiny bit of eye-rolling at the end, but otherwise captivating.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2012 on: March 09, 2022, 11:29:32 AM »
Finished "Bodyguard" on Netflix.  6 episodes.  Excellent.  A UK cop/intel thriller.

[/quote
Haven't watched. But saw the sniper clip on YouTube. Intense.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2013 on: March 09, 2022, 02:31:18 PM »

Plus all those amazing Whitney Houston songs.  ;)
Have some patience, FFS.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2014 on: March 27, 2022, 11:10:59 PM »
For the last few minutes, I've been re-watching the Oscars clip of will Smith slapping Chris rock and then swearing at him on live national television.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2015 on: March 27, 2022, 11:32:12 PM »
If all he was gonna do is a weak slap, he coulda sent Jada up on stage to do it.

I can just see him slapping some alien in his next movie.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2016 on: March 27, 2022, 11:44:38 PM »
There was history between Chris Rock & the Smith’s before tonight.

https://twitter.com/witherspoonc/status/1508280963658391559?s=21

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2017 on: March 27, 2022, 11:45:52 PM »
Will was even laughing at the joke until he saw Jada was pissed.

That slap looked like, “I really don’t wanna do this bud but I kinda have to now”

You’re right though jockey, if you’re gonna hit someone, take a full swing and get your moneys worth.

Side note, could you imagine what someone like Richard Pryor would do after that? The man wold have doubled and tripled down. I think Rock was about to go in on Jada when he was like “Oh I could…” but backed out of it
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 12:07:36 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2018 on: March 28, 2022, 12:22:28 AM »
Man, comedians on Twitter are pissed at Will Smith, really pissed.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2019 on: March 28, 2022, 07:06:31 AM »
Scientology creates some real psychos

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2020 on: March 28, 2022, 07:15:57 AM »
I expected more from the man who played Ali, tbh. But props to Chris Rock's chin, I guess.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #2021 on: March 28, 2022, 08:12:10 AM »

Great show. I have seen a few very good British limited series shows that I can recommend. That’s one of them.

The several Harlan Coben limited series shows on there are also good. They are not political thrillers. “Collateral” is and t’s pretty good as well.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2022 on: March 28, 2022, 11:05:56 AM »
I think Rock was about to go in on Jada when he was like “Oh I could…” but backed out of it

It was obvious that he thought about it but decided to just let it go...or save it for his next special.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2023 on: March 28, 2022, 11:20:58 AM »
The dichotomy in the reactions to this is fascinating. 

I'm not trying to belittle anyone's conditions or experiences, but people are really trying frame alopecia like its terminal cancer.  Or like Jada lost her hair during chemo and Rock was going after her for that.  Not to mention, I'm not sure GI Jane is really an insult.

But above all else.  He's a comedian.  He made a joke.  You may find it in poor taste, but its certainly not the first or the last.  Just a wild reaction that I'm shocked is being applauded.  Dude has been through a lot in his marriage in the last few years and is clearly mentally not doing great.

In contrast, Denzel proving yet again that he is an absolute TITAN of Hollywood.  Man can't look or act any cooler or classier

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #2024 on: March 28, 2022, 11:36:54 AM »
The dichotomy in the reactions to this is fascinating. 

I'm not trying to belittle anyone's conditions or experiences, but people are really trying frame alopecia like its terminal cancer.  Or like Jada lost her hair during chemo and Rock was going after her for that.  Not to mention, I'm not sure GI Jane is really an insult.

But above all else.  He's a comedian.  He made a joke.  You may find it in poor taste, but its certainly not the first or the last.  Just a wild reaction that I'm shocked is being applauded.  Dude has been through a lot in his marriage in the last few years and is clearly mentally not doing great.

In contrast, Denzel proving yet again that he is an absolute TITAN of Hollywood.  Man can't look or act any cooler or classier

Agree with all of that. There's no way around it: Will Smith assaulted Chris Rock on stage for making *at worst* a bad joke. Clearly the guy is not well. And as for alopecia, it's innocuous enough that it was a consistent callback joke on Arrested Development (and hilariously so).

Denzel = the new Jack Nicholson