collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214962 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #1600 on: August 13, 2021, 05:19:39 PM »
Or just racist posts about Michael Jordan, like Capt. Obsessive?

Zig sounds like he's gone off the deep end. Maybe hangin' out with rocket brain again.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1601 on: August 13, 2021, 06:06:33 PM »
Zig sounds like he's gone off the deep end. Maybe hangin' out with rocket brain again.

Hey man, you were holding on to the floatie already, when I jumped in.

And thinking that Mysogonist Mike is a clown is not a deep end statement.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1602 on: August 13, 2021, 09:54:08 PM »
Or just racist posts about Michael Jordan, like Capt. Obsessive?

Y'alls feud is ridiculous, but how is "MJ likes white women" racist?  The way you repeatedly bring it up makes it seem like ZFB called him a slur or somehow implied it was wrong for him to like women outside his race.  Both of you are grasping at straws

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1603 on: August 13, 2021, 10:26:22 PM »
Y'alls feud is ridiculous, but how is "MJ likes white women" racist?  The way you repeatedly bring it up makes it seem like ZFB called him a slur or somehow implied it was wrong for him to like women outside his race.  Both of you are grasping at straws

That's all that Mysogonist Mike has on me to back up his "ZFB is racist" line that he keeps repeating.  I'd like some concrete proof, MM, that I'm a racist, or would appreciate you stop calling me that.  Especially since you really know nothing about me at all (sucks to have the biggest professional mistake of your life published in 100s of 4th tier newspapers.)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1604 on: August 14, 2021, 12:06:05 PM »
OMG, guys, give it a rest.   

What I wouldn't give to have a "mod forced ignore" function, so neither of you would know the other exists.

Back to TV watching, please.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1605 on: August 14, 2021, 12:32:34 PM »
OMG, guys, give it a rest.   

What I wouldn't give to have a "mod forced ignore" function, so neither of you would know the other exists.

Back to TV watching, please.

I'll drop it when MM apologizes for calling me a racist.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #1606 on: August 16, 2021, 10:40:47 AM »
The White Lotus on HBO is fantastic

Agreed. Started this weekend and need to avoid spoilers from last night's finale for the next day or so until we finish.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1607 on: August 16, 2021, 11:11:14 AM »
It wasn’t my favorite season. I thought Evan was the best character in the series. Not enough of him in this one.

Finally finished Atypical. The series finale was fine; it was sweet, one could mostly relate to the characters, and the resolutions were mostly believable and satisfying.

As we both mentioned, though, the season overall was a slog. So much was just stupid and/or unbelievable. And it's been a long time since I've seen major characters worse-acted than Elsa and Doug. I had thought Jennifer Jason Leigh was a decent actress, but no; and Michael Rapoport -- wow, is he horrendous. Any male Scooper could have stepped into that role and delivered his lines better.

IMHO, the best actor/actress over the entire 4 seasons was Brigette Lundy-Paine, who did a nice job as Casey evolved. Keir Gilchrist was good as Sam, too, but I sometimes felt the writers didn't help him much, especially this past season.

Overall, the series was decent. S1 was unique to anything on TV, focusing on an autistic adolescent, and the next two seasons were OK.

If I were a parent of an adolescent, I'd have no problem with him or her watching this. The "adult situations" were nothing that aren't part of the experience of most high-schoolers (and probably most middle-schoolers today).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #1608 on: August 16, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »
Any male Scooper could have stepped into that role and delivered his lines better.

Do not underestimate the ineptitude of male Scoopers.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1609 on: August 16, 2021, 03:20:19 PM »
I watched the first episode of the new Fantasy Island this past weekend. I think it's safe to say I won't watch any more.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1610 on: August 16, 2021, 05:24:21 PM »
Do not underestimate the ineptitude of male Scoopers.

Do not overestimate the acting ability of Michael Rapoport.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1611 on: August 18, 2021, 07:24:46 PM »
The White Lotus = John from Cincinnati.

Finished White Lotus. It was fine.

Wasn’t an HBO classic … but as one who actually wasted countless hours watching every episode of John From Cincinnati… it wasn’t JFC either, thankfully!

I thought the Lotus finale was the best episode of the season.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1612 on: August 25, 2021, 02:55:57 PM »
I really liked Bron/Broen.

Sofia Helin as the main character Saga, has been great especially the manner she portrayed her "social awkwardness" if you want to call it that.

Season 4 might be my favorite of the run.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1613 on: August 25, 2021, 07:59:30 PM »
I really liked Bron/Broen.

Sofia Helin as the main character Saga, has been great especially the manner she portrayed her "social awkwardness" if you want to call it that.

Season 4 might be my favorite of the run.

I loved Season 1 & 2.  My kid and I didn't like the way S2 ended and weren't sure we wanted to continue watching without Kim Bodnia (Martin)
So S3 & S4 are just as good?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1614 on: August 26, 2021, 09:01:35 AM »
I loved Season 1 & 2.  My kid and I didn't like the way S2 ended and weren't sure we wanted to continue watching without Kim Bodnia (Martin)
So S3 & S4 are just as good?

Martin's replacement is very good and adds a lot to the plots especially in season 4, highly recommended.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1615 on: August 26, 2021, 09:54:43 AM »
Martin's replacement is very good and adds a lot to the plots especially in season 4, highly recommended.

Cool.  Thanks.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1616 on: August 28, 2021, 12:20:31 PM »
Anyone not watching Ted Lasso that has the ability to, should. Fantastic TV, one of my favorites in a long time. And for anyone hesitant because of soccer, it reminds me of Sports Night in that sports is the backdrop, but the characters and story development is the focus.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1617 on: August 28, 2021, 12:27:52 PM »
Anyone not watching Ted Lasso that has the ability to, should. Fantastic TV, one of my favorites in a long time. And for anyone hesitant because of soccer, it reminds me of Sports Night in that sports is the backdrop, but the characters and story development is the focus.

Loved the first season because the characters are fantastic and it had a great plot throughout the season. I like the second season so far (have seen the first four episodes) but not nearly as much as as the first season. Still great characters, but very little plot to drive things along.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1618 on: August 28, 2021, 12:28:56 PM »
We started watching Dead to Me. Only two episodes in, but already there have been some really surprising reveals. I think we'll keep watching.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1619 on: August 28, 2021, 12:38:31 PM »
We started watching Dead to Me. Only two episodes in, but already there have been some really surprising reveals. I think we'll keep watching.

Fun show. Applegate and Cardellini are outstanding, which is no surprise.

Sounds like there will be one more season.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1620 on: August 28, 2021, 12:58:05 PM »
Finished the second series of Lupin and thought it was really good.

Now watching the first two seasons of The Mole. I always loved that show but don’t think I saw much of the first two seasons. I mostly remember the celebrity version with Rodman.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1621 on: August 28, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »
Did anyone here watch the first season of the Joe Schmo Show? We loved that show and have told our kids about it. For a long time I couldn't find it anywhere, but I just found some guy that has it on YouTube. I may need to download those just in case he gets taken down.

This really was a show that could only work one time (at least I thought it worked). They got lucky in casting an extremely likeable -- and yes, extremely gullible -- lead. Bonus: early Kristen Wiig.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1622 on: August 28, 2021, 04:40:46 PM »

Thumbs up on Dead to Me
Pervertedly funny.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #1623 on: August 28, 2021, 04:46:29 PM »
Did anyone here watch the first season of the Joe Schmo Show? We loved that show and have told our kids about it. For a long time I couldn't find it anywhere, but I just found some guy that has it on YouTube. I may need to download those just in case he gets taken down.

This really was a show that could only work one time (at least I thought it worked). They got lucky in casting an extremely likeable -- and yes, extremely gullible -- lead. Bonus: early Kristen Wiig.

My roommates and I loved this show when we were at MU. I haven't rewatched since then but it still comes up when we reminisce sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 04:53:29 PM by JustinLewisFanClubPres »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1624 on: August 28, 2021, 04:49:36 PM »

Other than the episode released last night, I'm caught up and I feel like the season has been getting fantastic as it rolls on.