[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214593 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #1550 on: July 08, 2021, 01:17:49 PM »
Atypical’s final season is out tomorrow.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #1551 on: July 08, 2021, 01:31:04 PM »
Have any of you seen season 2 of I Think You Should Leave yet?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1552 on: July 08, 2021, 03:00:37 PM »
Yes, and it's not as good as Season 1. Not close, really. I was kinda disappointed

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1553 on: July 08, 2021, 04:50:33 PM »
Have some patience, FFS.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1554 on: July 08, 2021, 05:03:24 PM »
Trailer for the Sopranos prequel.  Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxNTz6qr9ts&ab_channel=FilmIsNowActionMovieTrailers

I like that they got Gandolfini's son in the role.  The resemblance is great.  Everything Ive heard has been positive

CTWarrior

• All American
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1556 on: July 11, 2021, 05:13:51 PM »
Trailer for the Sopranos prequel.  Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxNTz6qr9ts&ab_channel=FilmIsNowActionMovieTrailers

Aside from part of an episode on a couple of occasions, I've never watched The Sopranos. I should probably add that to the queue.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1557 on: July 11, 2021, 05:14:33 PM »
Atypical’s final season is out tomorrow.

My wife and I have watched the season's first few episodes and have been pretty disappointed so far. As usual, aside from the actors who play Sam and Casey, the acting is pretty bad. And it just seems less funny and original than earlier seasons. I'm hoping it gets better for the final episodes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1558 on: July 11, 2021, 06:00:52 PM »
My wife and I have watched the season's first few episodes and have been pretty disappointed so far. As usual, aside from the actors who play Sam and Casey, the acting is pretty bad. And it just seems less funny and original than earlier seasons. I'm hoping it gets better for the final episodes.

It wasn’t my favorite season. I thought Evan was the best character in the series. Not enough of him in this one.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1559 on: July 13, 2021, 10:08:23 AM »
Watched the first two episodes of History of the Sitcom on CNN. First episode focuses on family, the second focuses on sex. It’s fascinating to see the evolution of America through tv shows, how far we have come and also how little has changed in the last 50 years.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1560 on: July 15, 2021, 11:26:20 AM »
Has anyone seen "The Politician" on Netflix?  It's about a boy hellbent on being elected Student Body President because he believe it is crucial to fulfilling his boyhood dream, which is to become POTUS.

The funniest part is that the actor is Scott Walker's doppelganger.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1561 on: July 18, 2021, 09:52:05 AM »
I was stunned -- make that "pleasantly stunned," if there is such a thing -- to see The Boys get nominated for an Emmy.

It's one of my favorite shows, with a brilliant concept that is usually executed superbly. Brutally satirical, funny (often gross-out funny), well-acted, action-packed (though sometimes over-the-top violent), with just enough tension to make it an effective drama.

I'd be even more stunned if it wins, but it's great to see it get a nod.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1562 on: July 18, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »
Has anyone seen "The Politician" on Netflix?  It's about a boy hellbent on being elected Student Body President because he believe it is crucial to fulfilling his boyhood dream, which is to become POTUS.

The funniest part is that the actor is Scott Walker's doppelganger.

Wife and I have watched both seasons. Entertaining, for sure.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1563 on: July 21, 2021, 11:53:31 AM »
Having spent the last week watching a lot of TV because of being in a leg brace and in plenty of general discomfort and not in the mood for watching anything on Netflix, Prime, etc. I noticed some things.
  • Friends, The Office, Law and Order, Law Order: SVU can be found on somewhere and seemingly anytime.
  • A Peloton commercial can be found on somewhere and seemingly anytime.
  • I want some prescription pharmaceuticals so I can do all those things I never knew I wanted to do.
  • What is with the Slot Machine App commercial that constantly runs starring John Goodman's face on a fingertip where he looks like an old disgusting phallus?  He's so happy to play slots on his phone!  Is he that desperate for work?
  • I'm sorry that before surgery I mostly finished watching all my DVR'd History Channel, Men who Built America, Food that Built America episodes as they hit the right note in recovery.  Also sorry History didn't start running The Machines that Built America until this Sunday.

My wife and I did start watching Turn: Washington Spies after it came up on Revolutionary Tours NYC last month.  We're near the end of Season 2.  Only 4 seasons with 10 episodes per season.  Very different look at the American Revolution.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1564 on: July 21, 2021, 12:47:03 PM »
my wife got me into Billions. I know. I'm a bit late to the party on that one. We just started the second season. He doesn't get the love but Paul Giamatti may be one of the best actors of this generation.

We finished the second season of Lupin in two nights then Who Killed Sara. Both excellent.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1565 on: July 21, 2021, 12:57:36 PM »
my wife got me into Billions. I know. I'm a bit late to the party on that one. We just started the second season. He doesn't get the love but Paul Giamatti may be one of the best actors of this generation.

We finished the second season of Lupin in two nights then Who Killed Sara. Both excellent.

Paul Giamatti was born and raised here in New Haven as his dad was President of Yale. He later attended as a student.  He returned to do Hamlet for the Yale Rep Theatre a few years ago.  My wife and I saw and Paul was great, but he was the only stage actor we ever saw who was a "spitter".  He would constantly inadvertently throw spit while reciting lines on stage and at points it got kind of gross and we felt bad for the people in the first few rows.

I agree on Lupin as we just finished before my surgery.  I almost want to read Arsene Lupin books after watching and can't wait for Chapter 3.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1566 on: July 21, 2021, 01:10:28 PM »
Paul Giamatti was born and raised here in New Haven as his dad was President of Yale. He later attended as a student.  He returned to do Hamlet for the Yale Rep Theatre a few years ago.  My wife and I saw and Paul was great, but he was the only stage actor we ever saw who was a "spitter".  He would constantly inadvertently throw spit while reciting lines on stage and at points it got kind of gross and we felt bad for the people in the first few rows.

I agree on Lupin as we just finished before my surgery.  I almost want to read Arsene Lupin books after watching and can't wait for Chapter 3.

same here. I need something lighter considering the books on my summer reading list have been about Khmer Rouge Cambodia, interviews with the chefs of dictators (there's some pretty enlightening stuff in that one), and now a book for my DEI education requirements.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1567 on: July 21, 2021, 01:32:25 PM »

• I want some prescription pharmaceuticals so I can do all those things I never knew I wanted to do.

They also get you in great shape to do all those things with the added benefit that you will be beautiful even if you are older.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1568 on: July 21, 2021, 03:06:37 PM »
Watching Snowfall right now.  Not the best FX show, but still is good.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1569 on: July 21, 2021, 03:49:05 PM »
Finished new (final) season of Bosch.

Continued excellence.

+1

Bosch spin-off picked up on IMDb streaming though not commercial free.
https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/bosch-season-8-renewed-canceled-spinoff

If you have Prime you can get IMDb at no extra charge.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 03:51:16 PM by muwarrior69 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1570 on: July 21, 2021, 06:04:06 PM »
McCartney 3 2 1 on HULU.

You will love it if you are love music. 6 half-hour episodes w/ Rick Rubin. Very conversational - not a documentary.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1571 on: July 21, 2021, 06:43:46 PM »
Having spent the last week watching a lot of TV because of being in a leg brace and in plenty of general discomfort and not in the mood for watching anything on Netflix, Prime, etc. I noticed some things.
  • Friends, The Office, Law and Order, Law Order: SVU can be found on somewhere and seemingly anytime.
  • A Peloton commercial can be found on somewhere and seemingly anytime.
  • What is with the Slot Machine App commercial that constantly runs starring John Goodman's face on a fingertip where he looks like an old disgusting phallus?  He's so happy to play slots on his phone!  Is he that desperate for work?
  • I'm sorry that before surgery I mostly finished watching all my DVR'd History Channel, Men who Built America, Food that Built America episodes as they hit the right note in recovery.  Also sorry History didn't start running The Machines that Built America until this Sunday.

My wife and I did start watching Turn: Washington Spies after it came up on Revolutionary Tours NYC last month.  We're near the end of Season 2.  Only 4 seasons with 10 episodes per season.  Very different look at the American Revolution.

I forgot one.  The entire Levy family is in tons of commercial and they are all funny..

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1572 on: July 21, 2021, 07:12:18 PM »
McCartney 3 2 1 on HULU.

You will love it if you are love music. 6 half-hour episodes w/ Rick Rubin. Very conversational - not a documentary.

Looking forward to this one.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1573 on: July 22, 2021, 03:14:18 PM »
Paul was great, but he was the only stage actor we ever saw who was a "spitter".  He would constantly inadvertently throw spit while reciting lines on stage and at points it got kind of gross and we felt bad for the people in the first few rows.

You have apparently never seen Jonathan Groff, who played King George III in Hamilton on Broadway.  That guy is a major spitter.
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1574 on: July 22, 2021, 03:16:30 PM »
When I saw Black Sabbath at the arena from the 1st row(1978?), Ozzie was a disgusting spitter and heavy sweater.

feedback