[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214654 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #1450 on: May 05, 2021, 10:52:59 AM »
A typical night of Marquette getting some free advertisement on the season finale of The Curse of Oak Island.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1451 on: May 05, 2021, 11:08:03 AM »
The Serpent

Its very good.  Engaging, haunting, ominous.  The constant time jumps can be a bit annoying, but otherwise I really liked it.  Watched it on my own cause I decided it wouldn't be great viewing for my fiancee who gets needless anxious and worrisome when I regularly travel to Asia as it is, despite doing it actively long before I met her  ;D

The Nevers on HBO is fantastic.  Saw lots of buzz about people refusing to watch it cause of Whedon, but thats a real shame and wholly unnecessary.  Its a fascinating story, well done light sci-fi in a Victorian period piece, and very well acted.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1452 on: May 05, 2021, 11:52:09 AM »
Started watching the new Law and Order: Organized Crime with Christopher Meloni. Always loved SVU with Stabler, so we’ve really enjoyed it so far.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #1453 on: May 05, 2021, 11:26:16 PM »
Just finished S1 of Ted Lasso. Came in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

Skip Greyhound. Very disappointing. As realistic as Saving Private Ryan appeared to be for D-Day and ground war in Europe, Greyhound fails at that for convoy protection in the North Atlantic.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1454 on: May 06, 2021, 10:31:10 AM »
Just finished S1 of Ted Lasso. Came in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

"How many countries are in this country!?"

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1455 on: May 06, 2021, 10:36:57 AM »

Skip Greyhound. Very disappointing. As realistic as Saving Private Ryan appeared to be for D-Day and ground war in Europe, Greyhound fails at that for convoy protection in the North Atlantic.

The Ted Lasso story.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #1456 on: May 06, 2021, 11:16:21 AM »
Mare of Easttown on HBOMax.

Two episodes in and loving it so far. Kate Winslet is a detective in a very small Pennsylvania town.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1457 on: May 06, 2021, 12:28:31 PM »

Two episodes in and loving it so far. Kate Winslet is a detective in a very small Pennsylvania town.

Def gonna check this out. Just letting the episodes pile up a bit and then will binge the mini series.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1458 on: May 06, 2021, 03:19:35 PM »
Just finished Peaky Blinders.  Good series.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1459 on: May 06, 2021, 03:45:11 PM »
Just finished Peaky Blinders.  Good series.

Final season still to come... unfortunately probably without Aunt Polly unless they filmed it already.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1460 on: May 06, 2021, 04:17:26 PM »
Final season still to come... unfortunately probably without Aunt Polly unless they filmed it already.

Hologram Polly....  Hopefully not CGI Polly.

I don't think they started filming or weren't very far along, can't remember what I read.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1461 on: May 06, 2021, 08:03:17 PM »

It's good, and Winslet as usual is outstanding. But it's more than a little depressing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1462 on: May 07, 2021, 07:11:33 PM »
Eight episodes into Money Heist's first season. We're doing two a night, they're so good.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1463 on: May 07, 2021, 08:57:48 PM »
Eight episodes into Money Heist's first season. We're doing two a night, they're so good.

Big Fan. Watching with our teen boys, they love it.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1464 on: May 07, 2021, 09:09:29 PM »

Please refer to it as La Casa De Papel, gracias  8-). Always thought that’s a much cooler name, even translated

Are you doing subtitles or dubbed?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #1465 on: May 10, 2021, 12:21:30 PM »
It's good, and Winslet as usual is outstanding. But it's more than a little depressing.

It's a ray of sunshine when you alternate it with Handmaid's Tale as we're doing.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1466 on: May 10, 2021, 12:30:09 PM »
If you are looking for an amusing show that isn't a commitment, I would recommend "Happy Endings"

I missed it when it was on Network TV, but it is on HBO Max now.  The writing is smart and funny, it's based in Chicago (and for once, it actually looks like the writers are familiar with the city), and there is not much in the way of multi-episode story arcs, so you don't have to watch it in order or have to remember what happened in previous episodes.  Also, most of the guest starts are comics most people would recognize (Megan Mulally, Rob Riggle, and Damon Wayans, for example).
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1467 on: May 10, 2021, 02:13:20 PM »
It's a ray of sunshine when you alternate it with Handmaid's Tale as we're doing.

Handmaid's is fantastic again.

Snowfall - on HULU - is one of the best shows I have seen recently. 4 seasons and for some reason it never interested me. We were in a lull as far as shows go, so we decided to give it a try. It's about the start of the crack epidemic and takes place in 1983. If you liked Narcos at all, you will love this. It's a John Singleton (Boyz n the Hood) project.

The 3 story lines involve a black kid who introduces crack in LA, the CIA involvement with the Contras, and an old school family of dealers.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1468 on: May 10, 2021, 02:20:05 PM »
Please refer to it as La Casa De Papel, gracias  8-). Always thought that’s a much cooler name, even translated

Are you doing subtitles or dubbed?

Will do! Agree 100%.

We're doing the dubbed version. The dubbing is solid. We watched El Presidente a few months ago (really good if you're a futbol fan) and the dubbing was so bad it was funny.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1469 on: May 11, 2021, 12:36:18 PM »
Will do! Agree 100%.

We're doing the dubbed version. The dubbing is solid. We watched El Presidente a few months ago (really good if you're a futbol fan) and the dubbing was so bad it was funny.

Fair enough.  I can't watch dubbing.  It just always feels weird for me.  Then again, I speak fairly good Spanish, but I keep the subtitles on and get annoyed at the lazy or incomplete translations in there too, so can't win them all  8-)

Its fantastic and captivating.  Winslet nails that ugly long vowel sound SE PA accent too.  Its kind of hilarious that a show about gritty small town Pennsylvania has an Englishwoman (Winslet), 2 Australians (Guy Pearce and the actress who plays Siobhan, and former model/child star (Evan Peters) amongst the handful of main characters.

But man is it bleak.  Its nice to have the Nevers to balance it with.  While its not happy, there is at least a fair bit of dry humor and fantastical elements to keep it light.  Been awhile since there were back to back must watch shows on HBO Sunday nights for me.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1470 on: May 11, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »
Girlfriend has me watching Atypical with her.  Pretty good so far.  We're part of the way through season two.  I think most of the characters are played really well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #1471 on: May 11, 2021, 01:31:12 PM »

Its fantastic and captivating.  Winslet nails that ugly long vowel sound SE PA accent too.  Its kind of hilarious that a show about gritty small town Pennsylvania has an Englishwoman (Winslet), 2 Australians (Guy Pearce and the actress who plays Siobhan, and former model/child star (Evan Peters) amongst the handful of main characters.

English and Australian actors often do American accents quite well, but when have Americans ever returned the favor? I'm sure there are examples but none spring to mind.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1472 on: May 11, 2021, 02:05:20 PM »
English and Australian actors often do American accents quite well, but when have Americans ever returned the favor? I'm sure there are examples but none spring to mind.
Here you go:
https://variety.com/2017/film/news/accent-study-american-actors-british-accents-babbel-1201998021/

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1473 on: May 11, 2021, 03:21:29 PM »
Girlfriend has me watching Atypical with her.  Pretty good so far.  We're part of the way through season two.  I think most of the characters are played really well.

Excellent show.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.