collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214916 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #1400 on: April 15, 2021, 02:32:39 PM »
Been watching a few things lately:

The Q-Anon documentary on Vice:  ok.  I would have preferred a more hard documentary than "let's sit down with this friend of mine that is into Q and talk to him again".  The 2 hosts were very unlikable, especially the woman, and had very preconcived biases that they looked to confirm, vs just laying out the facts.  The interviews were interesting.  I tried to figure out the Q thing a few times over the last few years, didn't make any sense to me.  I'd rather try to figure out Publius Enigma.

WeWork on Hulu:  Talk about a scam.  Jim Jones coulda learned a thing or two from that guy.  I must have been living under a rock for those few years, cuz I don't remember hearing much of anything about WeWork.  Grifters gonna grift.

Sons of Anarchy:  awesome series, highly recommended.  Up there with Bosch, Vikings, & Homeland as best Covid binge series.
Mayans MC:  Spin off of SOA.  It's trying but it's just not very good.  Disappointed, because it had a lot of potential.

Ken Burns' Baseball series.  Nuff said.

Just finished season 1 of Peaky Blinders.  So far, so good.

Edit:  Christ on a cheesecake, forgot The Wire as one of my Covid binges. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:39:25 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1401 on: April 15, 2021, 02:43:52 PM »

The Q-Anon documentary on Vice:  ok.  I would have preferred a more hard documentary than "let's sit down with this friend of mine that is into Q and talk to him again".  The 2 hosts were very unlikable, especially the woman, and had very preconcived biases that they looked to confirm, vs just laying out the facts.  The interviews were interesting.  I tried to figure out the Q thing a few times over the last few years, didn't make any sense to me.  I'd rather try to figure out Publius Enigma.

WeWork on Hulu:  Talk about a scam.  Jim Jones coulda learned a thing or two from that guy.  I must have been living under a rock for those few years, cuz I don't remember hearing much of anything about WeWork.  Grifters gonna grift.

Sons of Anarchy:  awesome series, highly recommended.  Up there with Bosch, Vikings, & Homeland as best Covid binge series.
Mayans MC:  Spin off of SOA.  It's trying but it's just not very good.  Disappointed, because it had a lot of potential.

Loved Sons of Anarchy. Was hopeful about Mayans but, as you say, bleh.

Baseball was great. My favorite Burns doc series was WWII. Learned so darn much, and it was told in a compelling way (as usual). Plus, my dad fought in it, so I was extremely interested. Really liked Burns' Civil War series, too.

Peaky Blinders is on my list. You're about the 100th to recommend it, so I guess I need to watch the effen thing already!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1402 on: April 15, 2021, 02:47:53 PM »
Peaky Blinders is a great show, enjoy it you two!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1403 on: April 15, 2021, 03:12:17 PM »

I'd put Bosch, Homeland, and Vikings ahead of Son of Anarchy only because they were excellent throughout and SoA slipped the last 2 years.

And, why would you want to figure out the Q thing? Just accept that they are traitors.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1404 on: April 15, 2021, 03:38:16 PM »
I'd put Bosch, Homeland, and Vikings ahead of Son of Anarchy only because they were excellent throughout and SoA slipped the last 2 years.

And, why would you want to figure out the Q thing? Just accept that they are traitors.

Re Q:  nads recommended it, so I'm trying to open my horizons.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1405 on: April 15, 2021, 04:22:39 PM »
Re Q:  nads recommended it, so I'm trying to open my horizons.

If you're talking about the one that was on HBO, I actually did not recommend it at all.

I have had a grand total of two posts about it:

Watched Part 1 of HBO's documentary on Q-Anon. Absolutely crazy stuff.

AND

I just finished the Q documentary on HBO. Learned a few things but I didn't love it. It's a little scary that this group of easily conned cultists apparently has grown to the hundreds of thousands (if not millions) and that it is starting to make inroads into the operation of our government.

I mean, I used the exact words "I didn't love it." Not sure how one reads that and considers it a recommendation.

In the past few months I have recommended Beartown, Better Call Saul, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Barry, Ted Lasso, Fleabag, Succession, ESPN's Ali-Frazier doc and The Boys. But not the HBO Q doc, which I found disturbing but mostly annoying.

So please don't misrepresent what I said.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1406 on: April 15, 2021, 04:35:51 PM »
If you're talking about the one that was on HBO, I actually did not recommend it at all.

I have had a grand total of two posts about it:

AND

I mean, I used the exact words "I didn't love it." Not sure how one reads that and considers it a recommendation.

In the past few months I have recommended Beartown, Better Call Saul, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Barry, Ted Lasso, Fleabag, Succession, ESPN's Ali-Frazier doc and The Boys. But not the HBO Q doc, which I found disturbing but mostly annoying.

So please don't misrepresent what I said.

Wasn't trying to.  Just responding to jockitch's dumb comment.

The one I watched was from Vice.  No idea if that is different than HBO's, I don't have HBO currently.

And honestly thought you said it was worth a watch.  Like I said, I don't get the Q stuff, and was hoping to learn something.

The Vice one was somewhat informative but the 2 filmmakers were annoying and way too into their preconceived notions and told a biased story(what I would expect from Vice, tbh).

Love you uncle nadsie.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1407 on: April 15, 2021, 07:13:21 PM »
Wasn't trying to.  Just responding to jockitch's dumb comment.

The one I watched was from Vice.  No idea if that is different than HBO's, I don't have HBO currently.

And honestly thought you said it was worth a watch.  Like I said, I don't get the Q stuff, and was hoping to learn something.

The Vice one was somewhat informative but the 2 filmmakers were annoying and way too into their preconceived notions and told a biased story(what I would expect from Vice, tbh).

Love you uncle nadsie.

Damn ... that sounds like a different one. Two docs on Q? That's at least 1 too many!

No worries. Later.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1408 on: April 15, 2021, 08:10:01 PM »
One show that I recommend people looking for a new show to check out is Kingdom on netflix. Its a family drama centered on cage fighting.

Its one of those shows where almost no one has seen it, but of those that have seen it, almost no one dislikes it.

Some stellar acting in it. And its also only like 40 episodes.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1409 on: April 15, 2021, 11:03:46 PM »
One show that I recommend people looking for a new show to check out is Kingdom on netflix. Its a family drama centered on cage fighting.

Its one of those shows where almost no one has seen it, but of those that have seen it, almost no one dislikes it.

Some stellar acting in it. And its also only like 40 episodes.

I believe I just saw an ad with Forrest Whitaker and Giancarlo Esposito?  Godfather of Harlem?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1410 on: April 15, 2021, 11:32:19 PM »
I believe I just saw an ad with Forrest Whitaker and Giancarlo Esposito?  Godfather of Harlem?

First season of Godfather of Harlem was fantastic.  Hope Season 2 is as good

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1411 on: April 15, 2021, 11:48:43 PM »

Ty.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1412 on: April 15, 2021, 11:54:32 PM »

What service is this on?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1413 on: April 15, 2021, 11:58:37 PM »
What service is this on?

It's EPIX but I think you can get  it on Amazon Prime.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1414 on: April 16, 2021, 07:26:18 AM »
I have an embarrassing confession to make, but I'm doing it for the greater good: I watched Thunder Force on Netflix. I'm still not exactly sure how it happened, and my wife and I are currently blaming each other (both for starting it and for keeping it on). To paraphrase a better film, "what we had was a failure to communicate."

I realize that in a group of sentient, educated people, this warning is probably unnecessary -- akin to warning you to not eat Tide Pods.  Do not watch this film. You've been warned.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1415 on: April 16, 2021, 09:10:54 AM »
*Fixed my accidental mistype!*

If you like Man in the High Castle, you can try 1983 on Netflix.  A Netflix produced Polish alt history show with English subtitles.  After a medical procedure, binge watched the 8 episodes of Season 1.  (Only 1 season available.)   
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 10:04:28 AM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1416 on: April 16, 2021, 09:30:36 AM »
If you like Man in the Hightower, you can try 1983 on Netflix.  A Netflix produced Polish alt history show with English subtitles.  After a medical procedure, binge watched the 8 episodes of Season 1.  (Only 1 season available.)

Man in the High Castle?  Phillip K. Dick's stuff is all well done in adaptation form.

Bladerunner, Total Recall, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, Adjustment Bureau, Man in the High Castle...  I've never read any of the books, but I've heard good things about them.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #1417 on: April 16, 2021, 10:22:54 AM »
I have an embarrassing confession to make, but I'm doing it for the greater good: I watched Thunder Force on Netflix. I'm still not exactly sure how it happened, and my wife and I are currently blaming each other (both for starting it and for keeping it on). To paraphrase a better film, "what we had was a failure to communicate."

I realize that in a group of sentient, educated people, this warning is probably unnecessary -- akin to warning you to not eat Tide Pods.  Do not watch this film. You've been warned.

This is the danger with Netflix. You want a little info about a show or movie, maybe even a trailer, next thing you know it's already been playing for 10 minutes.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1418 on: April 16, 2021, 11:43:04 AM »
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1419 on: April 16, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1420 on: April 21, 2021, 08:12:50 AM »
Decided to have a bit of nostalgia and watched the Mighty Ducks reboot on Disney +, it cracks me up the difference in the depictions of kids today vs in the 90s.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1421 on: April 21, 2021, 07:40:36 PM »
Josh Gates is on right now in a special 2 part episode of Expedition X in Elkorn, Wisconsin searching for the Beast of Bray Road, a werewolf like creature.
Some creepy thermal images.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1422 on: April 21, 2021, 08:19:15 PM »
Josh Gates is on right now in a special 2 part episode of Expedition X in Elkorn, Wisconsin searching for the Beast of Bray Road, a werewolf like creature.

Is he going to find the Hodag next?
Have some patience, FFS.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #1423 on: April 21, 2021, 10:12:47 PM »
Not sure if I (or anyone else) mentioned this but Derry Girls on Netflix was thoroughly enjoyable. A third season was greenlit but had to be postponed due to the one-nine.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1424 on: April 22, 2021, 08:42:31 AM »

He should pop into The Landing for a beer, play 18 at Evergreen, hit up the Deusterbecks brewery and then head onto a different town.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback