[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214145 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #1350 on: March 28, 2021, 10:26:07 PM »
Finished watching Tell Me Your Secrets on Netflix. A bit disjointed, with so many flashbacks that they are distracting, but the story is often quite thrilling and the lead actress, Lily Rabe, is very good. Some other solid acting, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1351 on: March 29, 2021, 10:53:24 AM »
Finished watching Tell Me Your Secrets on Netflix. A bit disjointed, with so many flashbacks that they are distracting, but the story is often quite thrilling and the lead actress, Lily Rabe, is very good. Some other solid acting, too.

A decent show. The biggest problem was the last 10 minutes as they scrambled to set up Season 2.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: March 29, 2021, 12:36:14 PM »
A decent show. The biggest problem was the last 10 minutes as they scrambled to set up Season 2.

Yeah, that was something.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1353 on: March 30, 2021, 07:35:24 AM »
Riz Ahmed was outstanding in Sound of Metal, and I thought the filmmakers did an extraordinary job of letting the audience in on what his character, Ruben, was and wasn't hearing. Olivia Cooke and Paul Raci were excellent in supporting roles. It's on Netflix, and well worth watching.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1354 on: March 30, 2021, 08:14:23 AM »
think someone mentioned it above, but yumma humma is QAnon doc on HBOMax scary, but very well done

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1355 on: March 30, 2021, 08:09:19 PM »
Invincible on Prime is awesome.

I haven't read the comics
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1356 on: April 01, 2021, 12:39:54 PM »
The challenge all-stars first episode was great. Fun mix of the old crew with a more modern Challenge games and eliminations.

Seeing all the old guys struggle in the first Daily was pretty entertaining as well.

Very NSFW though, they don’t bleep out anything so may not be one to watch with the kiddos.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 01:40:01 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1357 on: April 01, 2021, 06:07:02 PM »
The challenge all-stars first episode was great. Fun mix of the old crew with a more modern Challenge games and eliminations.

Seeing all the old guys struggle in the first Daily was pretty entertaining as well.

Very NSFW though, they don’t bleep out anything so may not be one to watch with the kiddos.

I thought it was meh. I loved the no censored language and really like the location.

The first ep game play was as expected weeeeeeeeeeeak by a bunch of people who been out the game and not used to the political nature.

And pretty much everyone sucked at the challenge, plus the challenge itself mattered very little unless you were the losing captain which they made clear.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1358 on: April 04, 2021, 09:54:41 AM »
I assume we're all watching Hop today.   

It really explains the Easter Bunny process.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1359 on: April 04, 2021, 09:26:06 PM »
Below Deck Sailing Yacht

#Alli
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1360 on: April 06, 2021, 08:51:13 PM »
Fornetti brothers representing Marquette again on tonight's episode of The Curse of Oak Island.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: April 08, 2021, 07:18:02 AM »
Just finished S5 of Better Call Saul last night. I really enjoyed it -- although not as much as Breaking Bad.  Now I have to wait for S6 to come out like the rest of you. And I'll have to watch it week-by-week. As I was reminded by WandaVision, that's an entirely different viewing experience that isn't all that common for me any more.

Is El Camino worth watching?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #1362 on: April 08, 2021, 08:55:53 AM »
Just finished S5 of Better Call Saul last night. I really enjoyed it -- although not as much as Breaking Bad.  Now I have to wait for S6 to come out like the rest of you. And I'll have to watch it week-by-week. As I was reminded by WandaVision, that's an entirely different viewing experience that isn't all that common for me any more.

What service did you use to stream? My understanding is that it likely won’t be available on Netflix until 2022.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1363 on: April 08, 2021, 09:52:35 AM »
What service did you use to stream? My understanding is that it likely won’t be available on Netflix until 2022.

I watched S1-S4 on Netflix. I purchased S5 on Prime for something like $25. I assume I'll be able to watch S6 YouTubeTV (on amc).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1364 on: April 08, 2021, 10:29:02 AM »

I loved S5, thought it was right up there with Breaking Bad's best.

I didn't care for El Camino that much but I think some others liked it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: April 08, 2021, 10:33:30 AM »

Yes, as long as you can ignore this fact that a major character managed to gain 30 or 40 pounds in a few days (according to the BB/El Camino timeline)
Have some patience, FFS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1366 on: April 08, 2021, 10:34:30 AM »
For El Camino, just go in with modest expectations, and I think you will be fine. It’s a B- maybe a B if you are grading on a curve.  Nice to reconnect with some characters, and the fact it picks directly up from where BB left us is cool (kinda like the John Wick movies).

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1367 on: April 08, 2021, 11:41:40 AM »
For El Camino, just go in with modest expectations, and I think you will be fine. It’s a B- maybe a B if you are grading on a curve.  Nice to reconnect with some characters, and the fact it picks directly up from where BB left us is cool (kinda like the John Wick movies).

Exactly.  I went in with low expectations and ended up feeling like it was worth watching.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1368 on: April 11, 2021, 11:16:08 AM »
The wife and I are crushing "Raised by Wolves" on HBO Go right now. We're really digging it. Great SciFi

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1369 on: April 11, 2021, 09:07:51 PM »
The Nevers.   Going to be messy and convoluted and bizarre.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1370 on: April 11, 2021, 11:03:13 PM »
The Nevers.   Going to be messy and convoluted and bizarre.

My wife and I saw the ad for this and we're gonna watch a couple episodes to see how it goes. But yes, looks bizarre for sure.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1371 on: April 12, 2021, 09:47:35 AM »
I thought it was meh. I loved the no censored language and really like the location.

The first ep game play was as expected weeeeeeeeeeeak by a bunch of people who been out the game and not used to the political nature.

And pretty much everyone sucked at the challenge, plus the challenge itself mattered very little unless you were the losing captain which they made clear.

Felt very much the same.  Especially watching the Challenge regularly and how intense and physical it has become, plus the drama and political maneuvers from the jump.  A bunch of out of shape people completely failing and making jokes about how old they were wasn’t enjoyable at all.

I will say the second episode was better. TJ during trivia is so much genuine joy and humor. Hoping they weed out some of the lame hangers on and it gets more interesting

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1372 on: April 12, 2021, 10:22:45 AM »
Felt very much the same.  Especially watching the Challenge regularly and how intense and physical it has become, plus the drama and political maneuvers from the jump.  A bunch of out of shape people completely failing and making jokes about how old they were wasn’t enjoyable at all.

I will say the second episode was better. TJ during trivia is so much genuine joy and humor. Hoping they weed out some of the lame hangers on and it gets more interesting

Ha yeah Tj during trivia is always great. I agree I liked ep 2 better. So far its still a simple majority system of no one rocking the boat, but not much you can do about that.

I hope things start to ramp up as the everyone starts to really lock in on the big prize. I will say im interested to see how this is over in 9 episodes. 22 people and 9 episodes with the first two episodes being 1 elim each means we are gonna have a huge final and/or huge purge at some point.

Either way will probably be a better finish than the current season on MTV which is already at 17 episodes and has been a complete slog the last few weeks waiting for the final.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1373 on: April 12, 2021, 12:41:53 PM »
Maybe Galway is familiar with this one.  On Netflix, the wife and I watched The Siege of Jadotville.  It kept popping up as a Netflix movie ad, so we said, why not.

I never heard the story before.  Based on a true story of UN Peacekeepers in the Congo from Ireland.  1961 - The West vs Communism, Dag Hammarskjold as UN Secretary General, mining interests, DeGaulle being DeGaulle, etc.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1374 on: April 12, 2021, 01:13:56 PM »
Maybe Galway is familiar with this one.  On Netflix, the wife and I watched The Siege of Jadotville.  It kept popping up as a Netflix movie ad, so we said, why not.

I never heard the story before.  Based on a true story of UN Peacekeepers in the Congo from Ireland.  1961 - The West vs Communism, Dag Hammarskjold as UN Secretary General, mining interests, DeGaulle being DeGaulle, etc.

Didn't Dag die around this time? I remember it from the Weekly Reader we had in grade school.

feedback