[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214910 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #1375 on: April 12, 2021, 03:31:13 PM »
Didn't Dag die around this time? I remember it from the Weekly Reader we had in grade school.

Yes.  He was on his way to the Congo to personally address this situation in the movie which I was not aware of.  Movie alludes to something suspicious happening to his plane.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1376 on: April 12, 2021, 04:19:51 PM »
Yes.  He was on his way to the Congo to personally address this situation in the movie which I was not aware of.  Movie alludes to something suspicious happening to his plane.

Yea, if you read further into it, it’s pretty obvious that his plane was shot down.  Multiple of the bodies found in the wreckage had bullet holes and it was blamed on “exploded ammunition” being rifled, which experts routinely have said is impossible. A bigger mystery or question is who carried it out or tasked the Katangese rebel Air Force with carrying it out, but it’s pretty clear it wasn’t simply pilot error

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1377 on: April 12, 2021, 09:01:25 PM »
Ha yeah Tj during trivia is always great. I agree I liked ep 2 better. So far its still a simple majority system of no one rocking the boat, but not much you can do about that.

I hope things start to ramp up as the everyone starts to really lock in on the big prize. I will say im interested to see how this is over in 9 episodes. 22 people and 9 episodes with the first two episodes being 1 elim each means we are gonna have a huge final and/or huge purge at some point.

Either way will probably be a better finish than the current season on MTV which is already at 17 episodes and has been a complete slog the last few weeks waiting for the final.

I miss the social/party side of things. Way too serious these days. Especially with people trying to make celebrity careers/brands out of being on the show.

Go watch the 2 old seasons on Netflix. Those were some of the most competitive people. Great TV, but also didn't take everything so seriously.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1378 on: April 12, 2021, 09:45:33 PM »
Has anyone ever watched Bates Motel?  It's generally not my genre but I like Vera Farmiga.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1379 on: April 12, 2021, 10:03:59 PM »
Has anyone ever watched Bates Motel?  It's generally not my genre but I like Vera Farmiga.

It's OK - nothing great.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1380 on: April 12, 2021, 10:11:36 PM »
It's OK - nothing great.

Thx.  I will go with other options.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1381 on: April 12, 2021, 10:38:30 PM »
Thx.  I will go with other options.

I didn't mean that it was bad. But save it for those times when there is a lull in good shows on the streaming channels. As a filler, it is better than a lot of others you might try.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1382 on: April 13, 2021, 10:56:12 AM »

I guess I liked it a lot more than jockey did

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1383 on: April 13, 2021, 10:58:40 AM »
I guess I liked it a lot more than jockey did

I liked Bates Motel a lot as well.

Wrapped up well, didn't drag on. The acting was really strong from the main cast especially.

Good take on a story everyone knows.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1384 on: April 13, 2021, 10:20:01 PM »

Bates Motel was ridiculous a lot of the time, but it also was fun. Vera was good ... but young Norman, played by Freddie Highmore, has earned a lot of critical acclaim, and deservedly so.

Norman is not an easy role, and Highmore absolutely nailed it.

Bonus: He set the gold standard for being able to cry on demand for the camera. When my wife and I watch some show in which an actor does a mediocre job of crying on cue, one of us will say, "Oh man ... call Freddie for some lessons!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #1385 on: April 14, 2021, 01:52:41 PM »
Derry Girls on Netflix. Hilarious.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1386 on: April 14, 2021, 10:59:33 PM »
Never saw The Bachelor and never will, but I did see this: A 2019 star named Colton Underwood just told Good Morning America that he’s gay.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1387 on: April 14, 2021, 11:03:00 PM »
Never saw The Bachelor and never will, but I did see this: A 2019 star named Colton Underwood just told Good Morning America that he’s gay.

He's a fame whore.  Of course, you know that just by the fact that he was on "The Bachelor"
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1388 on: April 15, 2021, 07:07:57 AM »
I watched The 24 Hour War the other night on Netflix. It's not new, but I hadn't heard about it before. If you liked Ford versus Ferrari, you might like this documentary that covers much of the same ground in more depth with a lot of original footage and interviews.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1389 on: April 15, 2021, 07:22:59 AM »
He's a fame whore.  Of course, you know that just by the fact that he was on "The Bachelor"

I would have assumed it, but I seriously have never seen even 1 second of The Bachelor, not even by accident.

Do you doubt that he really is gay? Is he just saying that to get more fame?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1390 on: April 15, 2021, 07:27:21 AM »
I would have assumed it, but I seriously have never seen even 1 second of The Bachelor, not even by accident.

Do you doubt that he really is gay? Is he just saying that to get more fame?

Anyone that tells me they are gay, I'm going to believe them.  It isn't an easy thing to tell people.  Easier than in years past, of course, but still difficult.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1391 on: April 15, 2021, 08:47:02 AM »

Isn’t everyone who goes on a show like this? I don’t think they are looking for love.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1392 on: April 15, 2021, 08:55:00 AM »
Anyone that tells me they are gay, I'm going to believe them.  It isn't an easy thing to tell people.  Easier than in years past, of course, but still difficult.

Agree with all of that. I wasn't sure if chick was saying something else and was just curious for her take. But now that I think about it ... I'm really not all that curious. So chick, you don't need to answer if you don't want to.

I am hoping to keep my personal streak of never having watched reality TV going. So far, it's "never," and I'd like to extend it to "forever." So I guess I don't really care.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1393 on: April 15, 2021, 09:14:21 AM »
1) allegedly struggles with repressed feelings of homosexuality for many years, partially due to religious beliefs of where he was raised.
2) decides to go on a realty TV show where the whole point is to date up to 30 women at 1 time.
3) propose to one of said women.  Then goes psycho on her, ends up with a restraining order against him for planting a tracking devise on her car.
4) comes out as gay.

Seems to me that 2 and 3 were really poorly thought out ideas. 

Dude is f-ed up.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1394 on: April 15, 2021, 10:09:22 AM »
Agree with all of that. I wasn't sure if chick was saying something else and was just curious for her take. But now that I think about it ... I'm really not all that curious. So chick, you don't need to answer if you don't want to.

I am hoping to keep my personal streak of never having watched reality TV going. So far, it's "never," and I'd like to extend it to "forever." So I guess I don't really care.

Sounds like he grew up in a pretty religious family and was in denial about his sexual orientation.

For the record, I am not a regular Bachelor/ette watcher.  I have seen a few episodes here and there, including the season that had the Marquette Law Grad on it.  One of the cringiest things I have ever seen on TV was an episode of the Bachelor where one of the women was an MD who got really drunk and was desperately insisting to the Bachelor (who was also an MD) that they needed to "reproduce".  He booted her off the show immediately.  I am guessing it ruined her career.

Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1395 on: April 15, 2021, 10:20:25 AM »
Sounds like he grew up in a pretty religious family and was in denial about his sexual orientation.

For the record, I am not a regular Bachelor/ette watcher.  I have seen a few episodes here and there, including the season that had the Marquette Law Grad on it.  One of the cringiest things I have ever seen on TV was an episode of the Bachelor where one of the women was an MD who got really drunk and was desperately insisting to the Bachelor (who was also an MD) that they needed to "reproduce".  He booted her off the show immediately.  I am guessing it ruined her career.

Jeesh.

To borrow from ZFB: Dudette is f-ed up.

Sorry I brought all this up.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1396 on: April 15, 2021, 10:52:24 AM »
Jeesh.

To borrow from ZFB: Dudette is f-ed up.

Sorry I brought all this up.

There had been rumors since before he even started the season a few years ago.  One of his big storylines was that he was a virgin.  And it all just felt very...off.  He's supposedly a very nice thoughtful guy from a few people I know that have come across him in a few venues, but he's clearly been battling with some deep seated issues for awhile.  Plus he played college football/practice squad NFL.  So religious family, small town America, football locker room culture...just a cocktail of repression.

I dont need to slam anyone for being a fame whore.  Nobody is forcing anybody to watch these shows, but plenty of people do.  But this from all accounts is legit, not some fame move (which would be a really weird move for "fame" regardless).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1397 on: April 15, 2021, 12:58:57 PM »
Thanks for all that Bachelor info, everybody. Getting back to the thread topic ...

My wife and I have been watching S2 of Showtime's City on a Hill. Kevin Bacon is way over-the-top as a dirty FBI agent, but he seems to be having a blast with it. Aldis Hodge is the standout as the ADA who serves as the Bacon character's foil. Jill Hennessy is great as Bacon's beaten-down wife. There are some good secondary characters and storylines, too. It gets a little far-fetched at times, but all in all it's pretty well-done and quite well-acted.

I just finished the Q documentary on HBO. Learned a few things but I didn't love it. It's a little scary that this group of easily conned cultists apparently has grown to the hundreds of thousands (if not millions) and that it is starting to make inroads into the operation of our government.

Been mostly enjoying this season of SNL. The women in the cast are especially good IMHO, though we do like Jost and Che. I liked Kid Cudi's first song last week but thought his second was meh. Still trying to figure out what the dress was about, though.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #1398 on: April 15, 2021, 01:07:37 PM »
Thanks for all that Bachelor info, everybody. Getting back to the thread topic ...

My wife and I have been watching S2 of Showtime's City on a Hill. Kevin Bacon is way over-the-top as a dirty FBI agent, but he seems to be having a blast with it. Aldis Hodge is the standout as the ADA who serves as the Bacon character's foil. Jill Hennessy is great as Bacon's beaten-down wife. There are some good secondary characters and storylines, too. It gets a little far-fetched at times, but all in all it's pretty well-done and quite well-acted.

I just finished the Q documentary on HBO. Learned a few things but I didn't love it. It's a little scary that this group of easily conned cultists apparently has grown to the hundreds of thousands (if not millions) and that it is starting to make inroads into the operation of our government.

Been mostly enjoying this season of SNL. The women in the cast are especially good IMHO, though we do like Jost and Che. I liked Kid Cudi's first song last week but thought his second was meh. Still trying to figure out what the dress was about, though.

Tribute to Kurt Cobain

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/kid-cudi-wore-dress-snl-tribute-kurt-cobain-n1263758

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1399 on: April 15, 2021, 02:13:51 PM »

feedback