[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214751 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2019, 03:34:44 PM »
Just finished season 4 of The Expanse and as I expected, with the move to Amazon, it has returned to season 1 form. Outstanding story telling especially along the 4 threads. This season is based on book 4(Cibola Burn) which I think would be the hardest one to execute for television.

Best hard sci show in the last 5-10 years in my opinion.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2019, 04:49:51 PM »
Going to see 1917 tonight in a special event in LA.  Heard nothing but incredible reviews.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

reinko

• All American
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2019, 06:39:44 PM »
1/2 way thru Don’t F*ck With Cats documentary on Netflix...wowza it’s good.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2019, 09:10:58 PM »
Free solo. On right now on the National Geographic Channel and on again starting at 10:00 PM Central tonight. If you haven’t seen it definitely give it a shot. I have negative interest in rock climbing and it’s still one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2019, 09:41:33 PM »
Just saw the most recent SNL with Eddie Murphy. Lots of laughs, brought out all the great characters. I even liked Lizzo!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2019, 10:42:56 PM »
Just saw the most recent SNL with Eddie Murphy. Lots of laughs, brought out all the great characters. I even liked Lizzo!

Evidently someone didn’t stay up for the last sketch of the night. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2019, 10:58:21 PM »
1917 is amazing.  Theatre was packed as limited showing before its national release.  The cinematography is unlike anything I have ever seen before.

If you want heavy war action, not the movie for you.  That said, very good movie and will win some big awards I suspect.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2019, 09:45:30 AM »
Evidently someone didn’t stay up for the last sketch of the night.

Ummm ... actually I did ... so I'm not sure exactly what your comment means. You feeling OK, Benny?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2019, 11:53:09 AM »
Mandalorian episode 8 was excellent. The producers of the film should watch and take notes.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2019, 04:06:30 PM »
Mandalorian episode 8 was excellent. The producers of the film should watch and take notes.

Let Favreau and Filoni run the ship.  The directors they chose for the season were fantastic. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2019, 05:30:53 PM »
Linear story telling.   Classic themes.   Crazy.   Crazy good.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2019, 05:51:42 PM »
Let Favreau and Filoni run the ship.  The directors they chose for the season were fantastic.

Kennedy needs to be fired and Favreau should run Lucasfilm. Filoni needs to be the chief architect(ala Feige) and Tiaki Wiatiti needs to do the next movie....though if Deborah Chow has time and still pull off the Kenobi series I'd love for her to helm a Star Wars movie(directed Chapters 3 and 7).

Chapter 8 blew my f'ing socks off and the tie with with Clone Wars and Rebels is amazing. Goes to show you can tell a great story for casual fans while telling an even more in depth one for the nerds/fanboys without it descending into "fan service" outrage.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2019, 06:05:18 PM »
Kennedy needs to be fired and Favreau should run Lucasfilm. Filoni needs to be the chief architect(ala Feige) and Tiaki Wiatiti needs to do the next movie....though if Deborah Chow has time and still pull off the Kenobi series I'd love for her to helm a Star Wars movie(directed Chapters 3 and 7).

Chapter 8 blew my f'ing socks off and the tie with with Clone Wars and Rebels is amazing. Goes to show you can tell a great story for casual fans while telling an even more in depth one for the nerds/fanboys without it descending into "fan service" outrage.

I thought I read somewhere Kevin Feige asked to be involved in Star Wars or at least a few guns?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2019, 06:53:05 PM »
I thought I read somewhere Kevin Feige asked to be involved in Star Wars or at least a few guns?

Hes been announced as taking some sort of creative role in Lucasfilm but I'm not sure its settled at all. There was talk of him directing at least one film

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2019, 07:21:22 PM »
FYI Adam Pally and Jason Sudekis were the scout troopers.....amazing scene that cut the really fine line between Star Wars funny, narrative story telling, and parody. It got real close to the parody line but stayed on the good side of it IMO

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2019, 08:25:59 PM »
Episode 8 was great....still don’t get how awful episode 6 even made it to air.  Random nonsense

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2019, 06:06:55 PM »
Episode 8 was great....still don’t get how awful episode 6 even made it to air.  Random nonsense

The front half of E6 was really rough, but the last 20 minutes were good. Once they got the ridiculous characters out and let the action drive the story, it was worthwhile.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2019, 06:11:59 PM »
The front half of E6 was really rough, but the last 20 minutes were good. Once they got the ridiculous characters out and let the action drive the story, it was worthwhile.

Agree to disagree.

My favorite part of 8 was the Imperial guys not hitting the targets while shooting early on in the scene....well done by Favreau to embrace Empire cannot shoot straight.   :D

tower912

• All American
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2019, 07:23:04 AM »
Dublin Murders ended up being a lot like True Detective.   Loose ends hanging, protagonists worse off, one case solved but supernatural overtones for a still unsolved case.    But with cool Irish accents.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2019, 09:15:18 AM »
Went to Ford v Ferrari last night with my daughter.  Much to my surprise, it was her pick.  We both enjoyed it very much.

Funny story...to me at least.  On the way to the theater, I made a comment about Carroll Shelby.  My daughter asked who that was, and I said, "in a couple of hours, you'll know."  We were watching the movie.  It opens with a scene of Shelby racing and then has another scene with him at the doctor.  Then there's a scene with Ken Miles working in his garage.  Finally, after establishing both of those main characters, Miles' wife walks into his garage and my daughter asked, "Is that the 'Carol' woman you were talking about?"
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »
Well, I proved to myself that I think John Mullaney is funny in anything.  John Mullaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch is sometimes sweet, sometimes biting, weird and funny.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2019, 05:34:17 PM »
Well, I proved to myself that I think John Mullaney is funny in anything.  John Mullaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch is sometimes sweet, sometimes biting, weird and funny.

Started watching it last night. Where the hell did he find those kids?
Have some patience, FFS.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2019, 06:07:47 PM »

Probably Brooklyn.  One of them was actually Marlon Jackson’s grandson (story part true)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2020, 02:14:49 PM »

One of them was the "I see unsuccessful people" kid from Man Seeking Woman - as id'd by my wife, a human IMDB.

I don't know how she retains and catalogs this vast knowledge, but she recognizes people instantly. We were watching Scrooged and she recognized one of the background actors (who didn't even have a line!) as the same lady in the nail salon scene in the Valentine's episode of The Office. A few seconds of searching confirmed it. Elite.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2020, 03:08:43 PM »
I watched "Dolomite Is My Name" the other night.  Loved it. Murphy is great and the cast as a whole ie excellent.

Finished off "The Confession Killer" a few days ago.  That is a fascinating but messed up story (it is law enforcement).
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback