[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 213970 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2019, 09:47:52 PM »
With the amount of Cameo people available for $10-30 a pop, I may need to have someone new wish the Warriors success before every game.

ps - Michael Thomas better stop putting up points. I'm hanging onto a small lead in the semifinals... crap.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2019, 11:21:41 PM »
I am more about the sound, rather than the lyrics/message. Almost threw Springsteen in there, but Thunder Road and 10th Avenue Freeze Out, save him.

Springsteen just called to say he is relieved.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2019, 08:21:11 AM »
Courtney from Below Deck sent me a video today! She wished me a good time on my trip to Milwaukee this weekend; wished Marquette (ooopsie on the pronunciation) good luck vs. NDSU... and even sent a shotout to my AAU team. Love her!! (Catch her tonight on A&E.. new episode)

https://cameo.app.link/sA4jy6nEt2

#LateNightHoopsForever

I did one of these from Ryan Arcidiacono for daughter's Nova graduation.  He did a nice job.  He was only a little more pricey than Courtney. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2019, 08:32:32 AM »
With the amount of Cameo people available for $10-30 a pop, I may need to have someone new wish the Warriors success before every game.

ps - Michael Thomas better stop putting up points. I'm hanging onto a small lead in the semifinals... crap.

My sister-in-law got us a cameo from James Kennedy from Vanderpump Rules for our 10 year wedding anniversary. It was pretty funny and thought it was a hysterical though I hope see didn't spend a lot on it.

The whole Cameo thing is very interesting.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2019, 08:40:48 AM »
Springsteen just called to say he is relieved.
tell him I said hello. Also tell him that I liked how he took spare parts,  and with a roll of the dice, gave me a reason to believe.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2019, 09:01:31 AM »
My most recent entertainment has been:
His Dark Materials, season 1 on HBO
The Expanse, season 4 on Prime Video

MU82

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2019, 10:22:35 AM »
My most recent entertainment has been:
His Dark Materials, season 1 on HBO
The Expanse, season 4 on Prime Video

I just saw an ad for The Expanse ... and I was stunned to see it was in its 4th season, as I had never heard of it! Is it good?

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2019, 12:33:42 PM »
My sister-in-law got us a cameo from James Kennedy from Vanderpump Rules for our 10 year wedding anniversary. It was pretty funny and thought it was a hysterical though I hope see didn't spend a lot on it.

The whole Cameo thing is very interesting.

My girl just had Chris Hansen (To Catch a Predator) record one for her four closest friends. It’s hilarious. He calls each one out by name and mentions specific shady behaviors directed to a guy that each one had chased around back in the day.

Most of the people on there are pretty good sports though there are limits to what they’ll say. We tried to get Ron Jeremy to say some pretty sick sh*t for a buddy’s 50th and even he had limits.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2019, 12:51:41 PM »
I just saw an ad for The Expanse ... and I was stunned to see it was in its 4th season, as I had never heard of it! Is it good?

The books are outstanding, the TV show was tremendous in season 1 and 2 and then flagged a little in season 3 (SyFy cut the budget I expect). Haven't gotten to watch season 4 yet but I'm expecting big things because the show is the same people but larger budget and creative freedom with Amazon.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2019, 12:54:48 PM »
Clint Eastwood has defamed a since-deceased reporter, depicting her in "Richard Jewell" as having slept with sources to get stories about the 1996 Olympic bombing despite no evidence that ever occurred.

Warner Bros is defending Eastwood and the studio by pointing to the disclaimer that rolls with the end-of-movie credits: "The film is based on actual historical events. Dialogue and certain events and characters contained in the film were created for the purposes of dramatization."

Nice. Misogyny and character assassination are always dramatically fun!

The Onion right on queue.

Clint Eastwood Propositions Film Critic To Obtain More Positive Review Of ‘Richard Jewell’
https://entertainment.theonion.com/clint-eastwood-propositions-film-critic-to-obtain-more-1840467030?utm_source=TheOnion_Daily_RSS&utm_medium=email

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2019, 03:04:52 PM »

I'm a big fan.  It's sci-fi in a setting where humans have colonized several other places and the factions are constantly at war.  Primarily follows the adventures of one hero in particular and the crew aboard his ship.  Great drama.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2019, 10:06:27 PM »
For those of you that have Disney+ The Imagineering Story is the best thing to launch on there thus far.

Yea, there was a lot of Bob Iger fan service towards the end, but they actually were very critical about some of the sub-par budget parks like California Adventure.

It was very interesting, and a great watch.

Yes, very good.  Having worked for Michael Eisner at Disney, Iger runs circles around him.

Name drop for Withoutbias and others...you are welcome.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2019, 10:20:38 PM »
I'm a big fan.  It's sci-fi in a setting where humans have colonized several other places and the factions are constantly at war.  Primarily follows the adventures of one hero in particular and the crew aboard his ship.  Great drama.

Thanks, Strong. I'll check it out!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »
Yes, very good.  Having worked for Michael Eisner at Disney, Iger runs circles around him.

Name drop for Withoutbias and others...you are welcome.

I dunno, as a creative type I can appreciate Eisner. Especially when he was all in on projects. Terrible businessman, and once Wells died he had no safety net.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2019, 11:23:40 AM »
Mando 7 is delightful to say the least. It dropped today for those that are interested.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2019, 11:26:17 AM »
Mando 7 is delightful to say the least. It dropped today for those that are interested.

Going to put my kids in front of a different TV tonight so I can watch this chapter today yet (going to TROS tomorrow night), where would you power rank chapter 7 amongst the chapters to drop so far?

Mind you they are all tremendous but I think I'd go 3, 6, 5, 1, 4, 2 at this point.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2019, 11:48:57 AM »

Dropped it early huh? Wonder why, it’s not like there’s some big blockbuster trilogy finale from the same universe that’s dropping this Friday or anything like that.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »
Dropped it early huh? Wonder why, it’s not like there’s some big blockbuster trilogy finale from the same universe that’s dropping this Friday or anything like that.

Always planned to drop today for that reason

🏀

• All American
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
Going to put my kids in front of a different TV tonight so I can watch this chapter today yet (going to TROS tomorrow night), where would you power rank chapter 7 amongst the chapters to drop so far?

Mind you they are all tremendous but I think I'd go 3, 6, 5, 1, 4, 2 at this point.

It's the best, in my opinion. 7, 3, 6, 4, 1, 2, 5 would be my order probably. I'm overrating 4, but I like Gina Carano.

9 days for Mando 8 is going to be a wait. I have a feeling 7 & 8 together will best Episode IX.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2019, 01:26:15 PM »
It's the best, in my opinion. 7, 3, 6, 4, 1, 2, 5 would be my order probably. I'm overrating 4, but I like Gina Carano.

9 days for Mando 8 is going to be a wait. I have a feeling 7 & 8 together will best Episode IX.

Is 8 the season finale?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »
Is 8 the season finale?

That is correct.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2019, 02:31:25 PM »
Saul when season 5 begins in February. Last few episodes of The Good Place.

Probably going to start Barry.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2019, 09:34:38 PM »

Man do 6 was really bad, hoping 7 is better.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2019, 10:04:31 PM »

Man do 6 was really bad, hoping 7 is better.

What are you even talking about, that episode was amazing....I can accept a "wasn't great" or something but really bad?? Get outta here with that

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2019, 10:20:25 PM »
What are you even talking about, that episode was amazing....I can accept a "wasn't great" or something but really bad?? Get outta here with that

The one with Bill Burr?  I thought it was terrible...jumped the shark territory.  I saw episode 7 tonight, much better...back on track.  Episode 6 felt so disconnected, the sets looked so fake and repetitive, the dialogue was brutal.  All my opinion, of course, but for my kids and I it ranked dead last of the first 6 that we saw.