[Today at 06:21:27 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 210950 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2019, 07:35:29 PM »
The Catholic Church has been a true victim for years

The Catholic Church has let some terrible things go unanswered and covered up.  They've also done amazing work helping the poor, providing healthcare, etc...that is overshadowed by other things.  Priests have been killed in parts of the world for defending the poor or politically oppressed.  So yes, parts of the church have been true victims over the years, and in other cases they have created victims with their disgusting actions.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2019, 07:44:36 PM »
Go see Spotlight. Learn something.

I don't need to, someone in my family was abused by a Catholic priest from 1978 to 1980.  He never went to prison.  Father Patrick Roemer.  We know it all too well, MU82.  All, too well...sadly.  He went to a mental hospital and put on 10 years probation.  It sickens me to this day.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2019, 09:10:56 PM »
Anyone see the movie Yesterday?
I really enjoyed. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2019, 09:13:17 PM »
Anyone see the movie Yesterday?
I really enjoyed.

Yes, saw on the plane.  Pretty good. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2019, 09:24:21 PM »
Why should someone else admit an error if none was made?  If Jewell writers made an error, admit it.  If they didn’t, they should stand by their work.

I know you don't know anyone like this - no one at all - but believe it or not, some people will stand by their words, even when proven wrong over and over again.
Crazy, huh?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2019, 09:26:55 PM »
I don't need to, someone in my family was abused by a Catholic priest from 1978 to 1980.  He never went to prison.  Father Patrick Roemer.  We know it all too well, MU82.  All, too well...sadly.  He went to a mental hospital and put on 10 years probation.  It sickens me to this day.

Sorry to hear of that tragedy. Nobody should have had to go through that ... and then go through years of not being believed by the leaders who should have been protecting children. Truly sad episodes.

But that means you can't watch a movie about a related subject?

I've had friends and loved ones who died of cancer, who were physically abused, who had Lou Gehrig's disease, who were destitute after losing jobs, who had heart attacks, who were divorced and ostracized by family, who suffered from depression, etc, etc, etc. You probably have known and loved people who have experienced similar adversity.  So neither of us can watch a movie that includes any of those subjects?

What are you afraid of re Spotlight? That you might begrudgingly respect -- or even like -- a few heroic newspaper reporters?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2019, 10:56:33 PM »
I know you don't know anyone like this - no one at all - but believe it or not, some people will stand by their words, even when proven wrong over and over again.
Crazy, huh?

Justice for Jussie.  Marsha, Marsha Marsha.  Depends what is is, etc, etc.  Yes, examples exist.  Super crazy.

I’ve also seen examples where people stuck to their guns despite being told they were wrong or lying and in the end...they were 100% truthful and accurate.  Richard Jewell comes to mind. Crazy, huh?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2019, 11:00:08 PM »
Sorry to hear of that tragedy. Nobody should have had to go through that ... and then go through years of not being believed by the leaders who should have been protecting children. Truly sad episodes.

But that means you can't watch a movie about a related subject?

I've had friends and loved ones who died of cancer, who were physically abused, who had Lou Gehrig's disease, who were destitute after losing jobs, who had heart attacks, who were divorced and ostracized by family, who suffered from depression, etc, etc, etc. You probably have known and loved people who have experienced similar adversity.  So neither of us can watch a movie that includes any of those subjects?

What are you afraid of re Spotlight? That you might begrudgingly respect -- or even like -- a few heroic newspaper reporters?

Yes, it was very sad and remains so to this day for many people.  Certain subjects I don’t care to watch, they anger or sadden me...not worth it.  Everyone is different, your friends can process those things, on this subject I cannot.  I will not be watching the movie.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2019, 01:04:34 AM »
If you kids want to bicker, do it in the DMs. Leave it off the threads

On topic: Spiderverse came out a year ago. I've watched it a few times since then. My nephew is in a huge Spiderman phase so it's great to put on to keep him happy. That said, really good movie. Very re-watchable. Terrific cast, amazing art visuals, great soundtrack, clever narrative. I honestly think it's become one of my favorite movies - not favorite cartoons, not favorite superhero movies, but favorite movies.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2019, 05:09:53 AM »
Yes, saw on the plane.  Pretty good.

A world without Beatles music is not a world worth living in.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2019, 06:56:16 AM »
Yes, it was very sad and remains so to this day for many people.  Certain subjects I don’t care to watch, they anger or sadden me...not worth it.  Everyone is different, your friends can process those things, on this subject I cannot.  I will not be watching the movie.

OK, I (kind of) understand.

You won't mind if I spoil the ending then:

The good guys win!

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2019, 10:16:17 AM »
Full disclosure: when I made my comment about bickering, I had skipped over most of the back-and-forth without reading it since it didn't really relate to watching movies/shows. I did not mean to belittle any personal tragedy you or your loved ones may have experienced. Just wanted to clear that up.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2019, 11:20:41 AM »
A world without Beatles music is not a world worth living in.

Unpopular opinion alert, I'd be just fine without Beatles music as they are overrated. I will respect the pushback that the Beatles US invasion and their later stage experimentation paved the way for a lot of other artists but I'm generally eh about their catalog.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »
Unpopular opinion alert, I'd be just fine without Beatles music as they are overrated. I will respect the pushback that the Beatles US invasion and their later stage experimentation paved the way for a lot of other artists but I'm generally eh about their catalog.

I could go the rest of my life without listening to another Beatles song.  Rather easilly too.

And I would argue that rock music got better when they finally left.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2019, 11:50:11 AM »
I could go the rest of my life without listening to another Beatles song.  Rather easilly too.

And I would argue that rock music got better when they finally left.
Agree. As far as i am concerned, you can put their music, aling with Neil young, Tom petty, the Greatful Dead, and Jimmy Buffett...all on a spaceship into the sun.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »
I believe this anti-Beatles sentiment was thoroughly laid out in the "Things I Don't Get" thread, but y'all are allowed to be wrong in any thread you want!

I like the bonus of Neil Young and Tom Petty also sucking. Hey, everybody can't be Pat Boone or Ozzie Osborne.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2019, 11:59:49 AM »
I believe this anti-Beatles sentiment was thoroughly laid out in the "Things I Don't Get" thread, but y'all are allowed to be wrong in any thread you want!

I like the bonus of Neil Young and Tom Petty also sucking. Hey, everybody can't be Pat Boone or Ozzie Osborne.
I am more about the sound, rather than the lyrics/message. Almost threw Springsteen in there, but Thunder Road and 10th Avenue Freeze Out, save him.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2019, 12:20:31 PM »
For those of you that have Disney+ The Imagineering Story is the best thing to launch on there thus far.

Yea, there was a lot of Bob Iger fan service towards the end, but they actually were very critical about some of the sub-par budget parks like California Adventure.

It was very interesting, and a great watch.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2019, 01:56:59 PM »
OK, I (kind of) understand.

You won't mind if I spoil the ending then:

The good guys win!

At least he gave us his stark reminder whenever criminal activity is being discussed. "Jussie"!!

I think we all need to be reminded as often as possible that black people commit crimes.  :-\ Especially when the topic has nothing to do with race.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2019, 05:44:53 PM »
Courtney from Below Deck sent me a video today! She wished me a good time on my trip to Milwaukee this weekend; wished Marquette (ooopsie on the pronunciation) good luck vs. NDSU... and even sent a shotout to my AAU team. Love her!! (Catch her tonight on A&E.. new episode)

https://cameo.app.link/sA4jy6nEt2
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
Courtney from Below Deck sent me a video today! She wished me a good time on my trip to Milwaukee this weekend; wished Marquette (ooopsie on the pronunciation) good luck vs. NDSU... and even sent a shotout to my AAU team. Love her!! (Catch her tonight on A&E.. new episode)

https://cameo.app.link/sA4jy6nEt2

Someone needs to tell JB that a 14 year old boy has hijacked his account.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2019, 06:00:14 PM »
Someone needs to tell JB that a 14 year old boy has hijacked his account.

Second best $30 he ever spent.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2019, 08:08:24 PM »

Afraid to ask ?-(

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2019, 08:49:45 PM »
For those of you that have Disney+ The Imagineering Story is the best thing to launch on there thus far.

Yea, there was a lot of Bob Iger fan service towards the end, but they actually were very critical about some of the sub-par budget parks like California Adventure.

It was very interesting, and a great watch.

Very much agree, I found this show to be very interesting and have learned a lot of Disney history throughout it. This is my wheelhouse type show, I second this as a recommendation.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2019, 09:41:37 PM »

Is this an allusion or an implication?

Either way, it’s funny.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback