[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214573 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2020, 05:31:33 PM »
Watched 6 Underground yesterday... as suspected, Ryan Reynolds was great at what he does, but although the writing (same team as Deadpool) came up just a tad bit short, it feels like it would have been serviceable under any other director.  As feared, Michael Bay continues to miss the mark.  How on Earth does this guy still get directing jobs?

If Scorsese wants to complain about big budget blow-em-up blockbusters, go after this guy, not Marvel.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2020, 05:51:46 PM »
Watched 6 Underground yesterday... as suspected, Ryan Reynolds was great at what he does, but although the writing (same team as Deadpool) came up just a tad bit short, it feels like it would have been serviceable under any other director.  As feared, Michael Bay continues to miss the mark.  How on Earth does this guy still get directing jobs?

If Scorsese wants to complain about big budget blow-em-up blockbusters, go after this guy, not Marvel.

I heartily endorse this post.....movie had everything but a good director.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2020, 07:20:20 AM »

I watched New Year's Day.  It was very entertaining but felt like it was just missing something.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2020, 07:21:52 AM »
I watched "Dolomite Is My Name" the other night.  Loved it. Murphy is great and the cast as a whole ie excellent.

Finished off "The Confession Killer" a few days ago.  That is a fascinating but messed up story (it is law enforcement).

I started to watch Dolemite New Year's Day.  I enjoyed the first 40 minutes and was funny.  Wife and I will probably finish over the weekend.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2020, 09:03:37 AM »
I watched New Year's Day.  It was very entertaining but felt like it was just missing something.

A Vyvanse commercial.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2020, 09:49:31 PM »
Just rewatched The Invention of Lying on Netflix that movie is seriously underrated and has cameos from like every great comedian of that era.
Maigh Eo for Sam

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2020, 08:28:08 PM »
Well, I proved to myself that I think John Mullaney is funny in anything.  John Mullaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch is sometimes sweet, sometimes biting, weird and funny.
Great, though I thought some songs went a bit long.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2020, 11:28:13 PM »
Saw Larry David at the 92nd Street Y in Manhattan last night (Tuesday). Started the program by screening the season premiere of Curb scheduled to air next Sunday. It was laugh out loud funny. After airing the episode Larry was interviewed by Michael Kay (voice of the Yankees). They finished by taking audience questions. Larry is one funny dude.

JB Smoove (Leon); Susie Essenman (Susie Garlin) and the actor who plays Mocha Joe were all in the audience. Had an awesome time.

If you’re a fan of Curb and the first episode is any indication, it’s going to be a fantastic season.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »
We're enjoying the Jeopardy! GOAT Tournament.  Those guys are amazing, and they actually all seem to be decent guys who are really enjoying themselves.  The banter between contestants, which doesn't typically happen on the show, is fun to see.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2020, 11:27:28 AM »
Saw Larry David at the 92nd Street Y in Manhattan last night (Tuesday). Started the program by screening the season premiere of Curb scheduled to air next Sunday. It was laugh out loud funny. After airing the episode Larry was interviewed by Michael Kay (voice of the Yankees). They finished by taking audience questions. Larry is one funny dude.

JB Smoove (Leon); Susie Essenman (Susie Garlin) and the actor who plays Mocha Joe were all in the audience. Had an awesome time.

If you’re a fan of Curb and the first episode is any indication, it’s going to be a fantastic season.

Curb is one of the best shows of all time.  I can't wait to see the premier.

A few years ago I was attending an event with Bill Buckner and when I approached him I knew he thought I was going to ask him about the error, but no, I asked him about his appearance on Curb. He laughed and said he had no idea what the show was about but his agent said he should do it and he had an amazing time on set shooting it.

I'm not a fanboy, I usually leave alone celebrities or athletes I see in public so they can go about their day, but man, if I saw Larry David walking down the street I'd lose it!
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2020, 11:36:33 AM »
Curb is one of the best shows of all time.  I can't wait to see the premier.

A few years ago I was attending an event with Bill Buckner and when I approached him I knew he thought I was going to ask him about the error, but no, I asked him about his appearance on Curb. He laughed and said he had no idea what the show was about but his agent said he should do it and he had an amazing time on set shooting it.

I'm not a fanboy, I usually leave alone celebrities or athletes I see in public so they can go about their day, but man, if I saw Larry David walking down the street I'd lose it!

He told two great stories about the Buckner episode. The first was that in the original draft he had Buckner actually drop the baby. Buckner was such a good sport he was willing to play along. Ultimately Larry decided to change the script which lead to story 2.

Every time they filmed the final scene and the extras would explode in applause after “the catch” Larry would begin weeping because it struck him how hard Buckner’s life had been after the ground ball.

Larry also made mention of Funkhauser’s passing but mentioned his favorite Funkhauser scene was in the Palestinian chicken episode when Funkhauser was waiting at the bottom of Larry’s stairs while Larry had sex with the Palestinian woman. Personally that was my favorite scene between the two of them as well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2020, 01:37:37 PM »
Love Curb.

Two favorite episodes were the one with Krazee Eyez Killa and the one in which Larry picks up the hooker so he can use the express lane to get to the Dodgers game on time.

There's always a few little things that crack me up in every episode. Couldn't stop laughing last season when Larry refused to thank a veteran for his service. I just to happened to be watching that one with two vets and they practically fell on the floor laughing. So funny.

He was on with Colbert last night and he did his schtick ... which I'm guess is just him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2020, 06:04:30 PM »
Love Curb.

Two favorite episodes were the one with Krazee Eyez Killa and the one in which Larry picks up the hooker so he can use the express lane to get to the Dodgers game on time.

There's always a few little things that crack me up in every episode. Couldn't stop laughing last season when Larry refused to thank a veteran for his service. I just to happened to be watching that one with two vets and they practically fell on the floor laughing. So funny.

He was on with Colbert last night and he did his schtick ... which I'm guess is just him.

Maybe one of the most famous episodes for the real life impact if had on the life of a random guy in the background. There's a documentary on Netflix about it: Long Shot.

I'm a big fan of "Social Assassin," the Michael J Fox episodes and when Larry takes the driver out of Funkhauser's father's casket. And yes, the "thank you for your service" bit was incredible.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2020, 06:35:11 PM »
Maybe one of the most famous episodes for the real life impact if had on the life of a random guy in the background. There's a documentary on Netflix about it: Long Shot.

I'm a big fan of "Social Assassin," the Michael J Fox episodes and when Larry takes the driver out of Funkhauser's father's casket. And yes, the "thank you for your service" bit was incredible.
When Larry’s father smokes weed for his glaucoma with the prostitute and then tries to correctly pronounce “fo shizzle, my nizzle” I almost lost my breath from laughing so hard.

My two favorites are probably the Palestinian Chicken episode and the episode where Shaq trips over Larry’s feet while attending the Laker game and winds up in the hospital.

One thing that came out the other night was that the character of George Costanza was based on Larry David. They chose the name Costanza because Jerry had known some guy growing up. After the show came the real Costanza and the real Kramer both tried to sue the show. Unsuccessfully I might add.

This coming Monday John Mullaney will be at the 92nd Street Y so I’m really looking forward to that one too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2020, 10:25:38 PM »

Saw "Long Shot." Effen amazing!

Yeah, Michael J Fox is great on Curb. And the driver out of the casket ... I had forgotten about that one. I'm chuckling just thinking about it.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2020, 11:04:55 AM »
Saw "Long Shot." Effen amazing!

Yeah, Michael J Fox is great on Curb. And the driver out of the casket ... I had forgotten about that one. I'm chuckling just thinking about it.

these Curb posts got me laughing too. So many classic episodes and one-liners too. I need to binge before the 19th!

RIP Funkhauser.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2020, 04:37:01 PM »
Funkhauser episodes are the best.

RIP to my childhood favorite Super Dave.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2020, 04:54:32 PM »
Bob Einstein was a regular on the LeBatard show as well. The LeBatard show had a bad curse going for a while, where their regular random celebrities kept dying off right after being on the show (Bob Einstein, Alan Thicke, Bill Paxton, Mean Gene Okerlund).

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2020, 02:24:03 PM »
Amazing numbers for Jeopardy’s greatest:

“Each episode of The Greatest of All Time has also outdrawn the first four games of the 2019 NBA Finals, the first five games of the 2019 World Series, all but one of ESPN’s 17 Monday Night Football telecasts and seven of Fox’s 11 Thursday Night Football showcases.“
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2020, 08:55:00 PM »
In the middle of Cheer (Netflix), it’s quite good.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2020, 10:46:59 PM »
Recently watched Marriage Story on Netflix. Superbly acted. Difficult to watch in some spots, but glad I did.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2020, 04:29:23 PM »
Listened to Ed Calderon on Joe Rogan's podcast, so I had to Binge Watch Narcos Mexico. Loved it.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2020, 09:43:16 PM »
Anybody watch the Aaron Hernandez doc on Netflix? Came out today. I watched episode one and about 15 minutes of episode two before MU v. X.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2020, 11:09:09 PM »
Anybody watch the Aaron Hernandez doc on Netflix? Came out today. I watched episode one and about 15 minutes of episode two before MU v. X.

Had it on tonight too.  Interesting.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2020, 01:02:14 PM »
I saw 1917 over the weekend.  Standing on its own, I thought it was a good movie.  But, when you factor in the "one-shot" aspect, it really is an amazing accomplishment.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback