[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 210854 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2020, 07:35:31 PM »

Ha.

What I mean is that it already has some of the "super hero" type vibes that have worked their way into other series.  And I don't need to see more hand-to-hand, quick action fight scenes - especially in series where they were never a major part of the plot.

Yeah, that would be disappointing.

If I have time, I might check it out. Always thought Picard was cool, even though I didn't come anywhere near watching all of the Next Generation episodes and movies.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2020, 07:42:23 PM »
Yeah, that would be disappointing.

If I have time, I might check it out. Always thought Picard was cool, even though I didn't come anywhere near watching all of the Next Generation episodes and movies.

I’m more of a DS9, Captain Sisko fan, but yeah.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
Last episode of The Good Place next week. The only show that I have watched religiously in quite some time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2020, 07:51:22 PM »
I’m more of a DS9, Captain Sisko fan, but yeah.

I always liked that show, too, but again I didn't watch anywhere near all of them.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2020, 01:41:14 PM »
Last episode of The Good Place next week. The only show that I have watched religiously in quite some time.

Same here.  It's been a really great show.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2020, 05:50:56 PM »
I see what you did here.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2020, 04:53:47 PM »
Set your DVR:  February 25, 8:00 pm CST, PBS—special on Miles Davis (American Masters series).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:42:36 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2020, 10:04:28 AM »
Penn & Teller's: Bull$hit.  I had never heard of this before the Hulu algorithm suggested it... seems to have ran for 8 seasons on Showtime beginning in 2003, which is right around the time that internet speeds made Showtime obsolete (and also which, incidentally, parallels one of the more entertaining episodes).  Some of the episodes are clearly dated (e.g. the 'Nukes, Hybrids & Lesbians' episode's mentioning of Yucca Mountain opening in 2013), but a lot of the facts, principals, and comparisons still hold relevance today, even if the overall point of some episodes could stand to be refreshed.

Keep in mind that the crossroads of Penn & Teller and Showtime opens up a lot of, shall we say... well, "groundbreaking horizons in cinematography" (at least for 2003).  So all episodes are NSFW aurally, and many are also NSFW visually.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2020, 10:24:11 AM »
Don't F*** With Cats on Netflix.  Really f***ed up story.  Crazy what the internet allows people to figure out.

The Aaron Hernandez documentary on Netflix.  Thought it was just okay.

Just watched the first three episodes of the final season of Silicon Valley.  Hasn't lived up to the first 5 seasons so far.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2020, 10:46:23 AM »
We binged the 8 episodes of 11.22.1963 and enjoyed it.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2020, 10:51:53 AM »
Daybreak on Netflix.  Fun show.  Spin on the zombie genre. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2020, 11:06:36 AM »
Didn't laugh nearly as much at the second episode of Curb. It was still fine, just not as hilarious as the first IMHO.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2020, 11:26:11 AM »
Didn't laugh nearly as much at the second episode of Curb. It was still fine, just not as hilarious as the first IMHO.

The portrait was incredible.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2020, 11:31:58 AM »
Curb comes through again. I laughed out loud in the car after hearing this.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/01/27/gvsu-football-coach-morris-berger-calls-adolf-hitler-a-great-leader/4590337002/

A newly hired offensive coordinator for the Grand Valley State University football team is already in hot water after telling a student newspaper he wants to get dinner with Adolf Hitler, the leader of Nazi Germany responsible for millions of deaths.

Morris Berger has been suspended amid an investigation into the comments made to the student newspaper Grand Valley Lanthorn, according to a statement Monday from the university.

Asked in a Q&A conducted and published on Jan. 23 about which three historical figures he’d take to dinner, Berger named two leaders of mass genocides. Berger got a degree in history from Drury University, Lanthorn sports editor Kellen Voss said in his question. Voss didn’t allow for sports figures to be considered. 

This is probably not going to get a good review, but I’m going to say Adolf Hitler,” Berger said, according to the piece. “It was obviously very sad and he had bad motives, but the way he was able to lead was second-to-none.

So Bernstein read the quote that is bolded and then the theme from Curb came on.

What is really funny is that the guy KNEW the problem with the answer, but still couldn't help himself. I'm guessing maybe his other two answers were Pol Pot and Nickelback?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2020, 11:28:44 PM »
Saw Jojo Rabbit today and also finished watching The Irishman (Mrs. 82 and I watched the latter over 3 nights).

Of the Oscar-nominated films I've seen so far, The Irishman was easily the worst. At least an hour could have been edited out of it. I didn't hate it, I just didn't think it was very good. It felt like Goodfellas Lite. Or probably more accurately, Goodfellas Extra Long.

Jojo Rabbit was a delight. Probably won't finish very high in the voting, but I would encourage everybody to see it. The young actor who played the lead was outstanding, and the Jewish girl hiding in his house from the Nazis was very good. The subject matter was dealt with in an amazingly interesting and different way, and I loved the score, too.

Right now, Joker is the best of the nominated films I've seen. Also saw the two mentioned above and Marriage Story ... meaning I've still got a lot of movies to watch: Ford vs Ferrari, 1917, Parasite, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Little Women. Of those, from everything I've heard, I'm most excited about Parasite and Once Upon A Time.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2020, 07:55:16 AM »
Saw Jojo Rabbit today and also finished watching The Irishman (Mrs. 82 and I watched the latter over 3 nights).

Of the Oscar-nominated films I've seen so far, The Irishman was easily the worst. At least an hour could have been edited out of it. I didn't hate it, I just didn't think it was very good. It felt like Goodfellas Lite. Or probably more accurately, Goodfellas Extra Long.

Jojo Rabbit was a delight. Probably won't finish very high in the voting, but I would encourage everybody to see it. The young actor who played the lead was outstanding, and the Jewish girl hiding in his house from the Nazis was very good. The subject matter was dealt with in an amazingly interesting and different way, and I loved the score, too.

Right now, Joker is the best of the nominated films I've seen. Also saw the two mentioned above and Marriage Story ... meaning I've still got a lot of movies to watch: Ford vs Ferrari, 1917, Parasite, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Little Women. Of those, from everything I've heard, I'm most excited about Parasite and Once Upon A Time.

I liked Jojo Rabbit as well. Joker, Parasite and 1917 also were very good. Once upon a time was OK, the ending was fantastic IMO but the rest of the story was just OK. Sure I laughed many times but I think it's one of the weaker Tarantino flicks.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2020, 02:34:55 PM »
Just watched a documentary called FAT: The Documentary, on Prime. Blew my mind
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2020, 08:40:29 PM »
Watched the documentary on Bob Probert on Amazon Prime.

That guy consumed more drugs than Keith Richards. Surprised he didn’t OD.

Very interesting watch.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2020, 09:24:32 PM »
Last episode of The Good Place next week.

So? What did you think? I thought they really nailed it.  Without question, one of my favorite shows ever. I’m glad I finally gave it a chance on Netflix the summer after the second season.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2020, 09:44:19 PM »
So? What did you think? I thought they really nailed it.  Without question, one of my favorite shows ever. I’m glad I finally gave it a chance on Netflix the summer after the second season.

They nailed it. Never teared up but it was an oddly emotional finale.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »
Jason was freaking hilarious from start to finish. Janet was very good. I didn’t love Chidi’s character, but he was played perfectly. And Kristin Bell is awesome.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #246 on: January 30, 2020, 10:05:46 PM »
Watched the documentary on Bob Probert on Amazon Prime.

That guy consumed more drugs than Keith Richards. Surprised he didn’t OD.

Very interesting watch.

I didn't even know this was out there. I'll have to check it out. Heard many, many, many Probert stories way back when, including the time he infamously told a cop to "charge me with the usual."

Unrelated ...

Saw Ford v Ferrari today. Hard for me to put in the "Oscar-worthy" category, but it was easy to watch and fun. And I learned a lot.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2020, 07:24:33 AM »
I thought it was a solid finale with some great things to say about life.  They were smart to end it when they did because there wasn't anywhere else to go with the premise.  Really enjoyed the show for its entire run, but season 1 was a cut above the remaining seasons.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »
I didn't even know this was out there. I'll have to check it out. Heard many, many, many Probert stories way back when, including the time he infamously told a cop to "charge me with the usual."

Unrelated ...

Saw Ford v Ferrari today. Hard for me to put in the "Oscar-worthy" category, but it was easy to watch and fun. And I learned a lot.

I agree with this. I don't really know anything about racing so I was surprised at the way things finished (both for the team and for Ken). It also showed the absolute nerve you'd have to possess in order to be a high-level driver. I think it was Mario Andretti who said, "If you ever feel like you're in control, you're not going fast enough." (Or something close to that)
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2020, 03:29:10 PM »
I agree with this. I don't really know anything about racing so I was surprised at the way things finished (both for the team and for Ken). It also showed the absolute nerve you'd have to possess in order to be a high-level driver. I think it was Mario Andretti who said, "If you ever feel like you're in control, you're not going fast enough." (Or something close to that)

Here's a link to a video of stuff that was true and false in Ford v Ferrari. Some of them might surprise you (they did me).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYKcALDSl10

Warning for those other than Warrior Code: If you haven't seen the film yet and want to, this video is filled with spoilers.

feedback