[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

NCAA Ticket Strategy by MU82
[March 18, 2024, 10:06:13 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: More Athletic and Better Chemistry  (Read 23413 times)

swoopem

• All American
Re: More Athletic and Better Chemistry
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 08:43:26 AM »
You're ignorant if you don't think this team resents them and uses their leaving as an excuse to fuel the fire.

That’s probably very true
Bring back FFP!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 09:09:21 AM »
You're ignorant if you don't think this team resents them and uses their leaving as an excuse to fuel the fire.

I like to believe that Marquette players, while preparing for games or playing in games, give absolutely no thought to two people who have nothing to do with their team and who aren't even part of teams that they play against.

I mean, when Elliott made that dish to Theo, was he really thinking: "Take that, Joey!"? When Markus hugged Koby at the end of the game, did he say: "I'm sure glad we have you instead of Sam!"?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »

You plead guilty to being classless and then call someone else ignorant. I'll consider the source and have a good laugh.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »
I like to believe that Marquette players, while preparing for games or playing in games, give absolutely no thought to two people who have nothing to do with their team and who aren't even part of teams that they play against.

I mean, when Elliott made that dish to Theo, was he really thinking: "Take that, Joey!"? When Markus hugged Koby at the end of the game, did he say: "I'm sure glad we have you instead of Sam!"?

I'm sure it's not in the front of their minds during the games, but I'd bet that it's come up with the guys that were on last year's team at least a few times over the summer.  Those things do help the surviving members of "an attempted coup" bond and move forward.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2019, 09:29:55 AM »
I'm sure it's not in the front of their minds during the games, but I'd bet that it's come up with the guys that were on last year's team at least a few times over the summer.  Those things do help the surviving members of "an attempted coup" bond and move forward.
Agreed.  It was likely a rallying point for off-season workouts.  Now just an old, fading bruise with far more important things to worry about.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2019, 09:50:44 AM »
I guarantee that the Hausers obsess a lot less about Marquette than some Marquette fans obsess about the Hausers (and that goes for both sides of this dumb discussion).

onepost

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2019, 09:51:10 AM »
They can be worse than they would've been with him, but that doesn't mean they aren't better than they were a year ago. Adding Koby, Greg, & Jayce is potentially a lot of positive pieces.

Absolutely.  I'm not gonna extrapolate an entire season out of one good half of basketball against a middle-of-the-road Purdue team, but I was encouraged by the resolve the guys showed.  The defense looks to be tough but very worried we don't have nearly enough offense.

It remains to be seen if Koby, Greg, Jayce > Sam, Joey; I hope that's the case.  All I'm saying is this board is kidding themselves if they think we're better off without Sam Hauser on this team.  Then again with all the idiots who frequent Scoop, that's probably common thought.  Guy was likely a First Team All-Big East player and was on pace to be an all-timer at Marquette.  Resulting "resentment" cause they left and perceived "chemistry" when 2 guys have usage rates above 25% doesn't make up for that.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2019, 09:55:31 AM »
Sam would make this a Top 10 team,  take out Bailey and add 15 and 8, good teams have 3 scorers, Sam, Koby and Markus would have been
outstanding.  Add Anim and Theo, both look improved and you would have a hell of a team.  You would give a little away on the D, better that
way, but teams would have a hard time stopping them.  To bad Joey ruined that.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2019, 10:12:45 AM »
I guarantee that the Hausers obsess a lot less about Marquette than some Marquette fans obsess about the Hausers (and that goes for both sides of this dumb discussion).

I agree with that.

And I will speculate that the Hausers think more about the current MU team than the current MU team thinks about the Hausers. MU is playing real games, and their attention is likely focused, while the Hausers are sitting out. They are with and engaged with MSU and UVa, no doubt, but they probably have more time to reflect on what was and what might have been. I’d say that’s human nature, and I would begrudge them for that.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2019, 10:22:15 AM »
Great point. Onepost is a Hauser Stan though.

Really dumb comment here.
Fine, I admit it, I'm a fan of great basketball players who represent my university well.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2019, 10:24:00 AM »
You said it much better than I did, thank you. I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't an ugly breakup, and that the guys from last year are ok with it.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2019, 10:26:40 AM »
I was actually thinking to myself during the game if Sam was watching or following and texted Markus congratulating him after a nice win. Is he that kind of friend still?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2019, 10:35:15 AM »
Really dumb comment here.
Fine, I admit it, I'm a fan of great basketball players who represent my university well.
He doesn't represent your university at all any more and hasn't for 6 or 7 months.  Drop it already.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2019, 10:42:12 AM »
Absolutely.  I'm not gonna extrapolate an entire season out of one good half of basketball against a middle-of-the-road Purdue team, but I was encouraged by the resolve the guys showed.  The defense looks to be tough but very worried we don't have nearly enough offense.

It remains to be seen if Koby, Greg, Jayce > Sam, Joey; I hope that's the case.  All I'm saying is this board is kidding themselves if they think we're better off without Sam Hauser on this team.  Then again with all the idiots who frequent Scoop, that's probably common thought.  Guy was likely a First Team All-Big East player and was on pace to be an all-timer at Marquette.  Resulting "resentment" cause they left and perceived "chemistry" when 2 guys have usage rates above 25% doesn't make up for that.
Define all-timer

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2019, 10:48:41 AM »

I think this equation is off. It would be Koby, Greg, Jayce > Sam, Joey less Sacar and unknown others.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2019, 11:01:24 AM »

Perhaps.

Agreed.  It was likely a rallying point for off-season workouts.  Now just an old, fading bruise with far more important things to worry about.

Yep.

Yessir.

I agree with that.

And I will speculate that the Hausers think more about the current MU team than the current MU team thinks about the Hausers. MU is playing real games, and their attention is likely focused, while the Hausers are sitting out. They are with and engaged with MSU and UVa, no doubt, but they probably have more time to reflect on what was and what might have been.

Probably correct.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2019, 11:11:16 AM »
Define all-timer

Sam was:
- 500 points away from #4 on the all-time scoring list (had 507 as a Junior)
- Assured #3 on the all-time 3-pointers made (probably would have passed Novak for #2)
- Shooting 88% from the FT line, could have reached 90%
- Shooting 45% from 3
- A part of countless memorable moments (Creighton shot, Nova upset, numerous big 3's, etc.)
- Going to be a preseason 1st Team All-Big East player, could have ended up as one
- On a team that many on here felt was primed for a potential Final Four run

That good enough for you?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2019, 11:15:24 AM »
Sam was:
- Assured #3 on the all-time 3-pointers made (probably would have passed Novak for #2)
- Shooting 45% from 3
- A part of countless memorable moments (Creighton shot, Nova upset, numerous big 3's, etc.)
- Going to be a preseason 1st Team All-Big East player, could have ended up as one

my comment was a joke. See cheeks v.lenny, circa 2019

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2019, 11:25:22 AM »
Sam was:
- Shooting 45% from 3

And he's 6 months younger than fellow MU "all timer" Brendan Bailey!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2019, 11:27:04 AM »
Sam was:
- Shooting 45% from 3

Sam was a very good player for Marquette and he no doubt will be a very good player for Virginia.

I tend to think this team would have been a lot better with him. Not as sure about Joey; even though he obviously is skilled, he had maturity issues.

We won't know about how their absence affects "chemistry" of the current Marquette Warriors/Eagles -- good or bad -- for many more months.

Regardless, they ain't walkin' through that door, so it sure would be nice if the pining for them would stop.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2019, 11:34:33 AM »
He doesn't represent your university at all any more and hasn't for 6 or 7 months.  Drop it already.

Haha "drop it already"?  The basis of this thread was literally about the lack of Hausers....so I commented on Sam Hauser.....  Or excuse me, defended that I was a big fan of his.  Of course I was a big fan of his, who wasn't?

He doesn't represent MU anymore, and that's a goddamn shame.  Instead of a potential incredible season with the chances of a #1 ranking, we're now left with scrapping for a 7-10 seed.  The "what could have been" isn't going away any time soon.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »
Haha "drop it already"?  The basis of this thread was literally about the lack of Hausers....so I commented on Sam Hauser.....  Or excuse me, defended that I was a big fan of his.  Of course I was a big fan of his, who wasn't?

He doesn't represent MU anymore, and that's a goddamn shame.  Instead of a potential incredible season with the chances of a #1 ranking, we're now left with scrapping for a 7-10 seed.  The "what could have been" isn't going away any time soon.

I was unaware the team wasn't playing games for the rest of the season and that the outcome was predetermined.

Everyone needs to chill the f down. Sorry you feel slighted that Sam left. The team on the court is still a lot of fun to watch. Live in the present. Enjoy the season. At the end of it, then you can say "what could have been." But now isn't that time. Games to be played, specifically the one against Wisconsin. One to the next one.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2019, 11:46:40 AM »
I was unaware the team wasn't playing games for the rest of the season and that the outcome was predetermined.

Everyone needs to chill the f down. Sorry you feel slighted that Sam left. The team on the court is still a lot of fun to watch. Live in the present. Enjoy the season. At the end of it, then you can say "what could have been." But now isn't that time. Games to be played, specifically the one against Wisconsin. One to the next one.

I'll enjoy the season like I do every season.  But again, things were building up for THIS to be the season, and it's a bummer our ceiling is nowhere near where it should be.  Still like the guys we have, will relish the last games we have of Markus, hope players like Jamal and Greg can take big steps, and contend for the BE crown.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2019, 11:54:04 AM »
I'll enjoy the season like I do every season.  But again, things were building up for THIS to be the season, and it's a bummer our ceiling is nowhere near where it should be.  Still like the guys we have, will relish the last games we have of Markus, hope players like Jamal and Greg can take big steps, and contend for the BE crown.

They should contend, Villy is a long way from being good this year, no go to player, like they had 2 last year.  X is good, Powell is outstanding
can take a game over like Markus can.  The rest of the league is not as good, Northwestern beat Providence, that is a shocker,  Butler is OK, the rest we will see.

feedback