[Today at 12:59:15 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference BET Results  (Read 321524 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Big East Non Conference Results
« Reply #675 on: December 09, 2019, 12:32:00 PM »
Exhibitions don't count. He played in 9/30 games, exactly 30%. He should be eligible if he doesn't return. JB can correct if that's not right.

Yes, the 30% requirement is met - no problem there. Just a nuance, but he'd be a good candidate if he doesn't return because he remains medically incapacitated through the rest of the season... by rule, if he was healthy in 8 weeks and could play, but decided not to, he would not (by rule) eligible for a medical hardship waiver.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #676 on: December 09, 2019, 12:43:04 PM »
Yes, the 30% requirement is met - no problem there. Just a nuance, but he'd be a good candidate if he doesn't return because he remains medically incapacitated through the rest of the season... by rule, if he was healthy in 8 weeks and could play, but decided not to, he would not (by rule) eligible for a medical hardship waiver.

Does the 30% thing only apply for the beginning of the season? Like could Hunior Cadougan have applied because he missed everything prior to the Cuse game?
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #677 on: December 09, 2019, 12:46:53 PM »
Does the 30% thing only apply for the beginning of the season? Like could Hunior Cadougan have applied because he missed everything prior to the Cuse game?

No.  The injury also has to occur before the midpoint of the season AND, as JB says, keeps them incapacitated for the remainder of the season.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #678 on: December 09, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »

First, to give a bit more guidance on the 30%. The calc takes your regular season schedule, plus one (and only one) for the conference tourney. So, for Seton Hall, there are 31 contests for purpose of the calc. 31 x 30% = 9.3. Because of the rounding up allowed by the Bylaws, this means he could play in up to 10 games and still meet the 30%

Another requirement is that the incapacitating injury occurs during the first half of the season. So, he could have sat the first 5 games, played ten and got hurt in game 15 and still be good to be a plain vanilla candidate for the medical hardship waiver

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #679 on: December 09, 2019, 01:02:11 PM »
Don't understand the math here.  If he plays in 10/31, that is 32.26%, which rounds to 32% or 33% depending on your method, both of which are greater than 30%.  Doesn't that make 9 the max?
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #680 on: December 09, 2019, 01:18:50 PM »
Halliburton owning The Hall

I don't recall MU ever being mentioned in Tyrese Haliburton's recruiting.  Seems like a real miss on him.
He played only 80 miles from campus in Oshkosh.
Some are projecting him to eventually be a NBA first round draft pick.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #681 on: December 09, 2019, 01:22:13 PM »
Don't understand the math here.  If he plays in 10/31, that is 32.26%, which rounds to 32% or 33% depending on your method, both of which are greater than 30%.  Doesn't that make 9 the max?

No. Please see Bylaw 12.8.4.2.6.2:

Fraction in Percent Computation. Any computation of the percent limitation that results in a fractional portion of a contest or date of competition shall be rounded to the next whole number (e.g., 30 percent of a 29-game basketball schedule—8.7 games—shall be considered nine games).

——
So, take the scheduled games (as defined) – in this case, 31. Multiply 30% by 31. That equals 9.3. Round up to 10. In this case, the max is actually 32.3%.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #682 on: December 09, 2019, 01:26:15 PM »
No. Please see Bylaw 12.8.4.2.6.2:

Fraction in Percent Computation. Any computation of the percent limitation that results in a fractional portion of a contest or date of competition shall be rounded to the next whole number (e.g., 30 percent of a 29-game basketball schedule—8.7 games—shall be considered nine games).

——
So, take the scheduled games (as defined) – in this case, 31. Multiply 30% by 31. That equals 9.3. Round up to 10. In this case, the max is actually 32.3%.
Gotcha, thanks.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #683 on: December 09, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »
I don't recall MU ever being mentioned in Tyrese Haliburton's recruiting.  Seems like a real miss on him.
He played only 80 miles from campus in Oshkosh.
Some are projecting him to eventually be a NBA first round draft pick.

He wasn't.  Ranked something like 170 coming out of high school.  Neither UW nor MU looked much at him.  Great article on the guy.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/11/27/20984769/tyrese-haliburton-iowa-state-nba-draft-prospect
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #684 on: December 09, 2019, 04:22:51 PM »
Future Big East Member U Conn is 6-2 and has a game in the Garden against Indiana tomorrow night.

Xavier Beat U Conn earlier this year at neutral site.

Nova will play The Huskies  at home later this year.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #685 on: December 09, 2019, 05:35:51 PM »
NY Post says  Mamukelashvili had surgery today and is out 6-10 weeks.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #686 on: December 09, 2019, 05:52:29 PM »
NY Post says  Mamukelashvili had surgery today and is out 6-10 weeks.

Means he'll almost certainly miss our first game with SHU, as that's 4.5 weeks away.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #687 on: December 09, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »
Means he'll almost certainly miss our first game with SHU, as that's 4.5 weeks away.

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/1204180780739629056
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #688 on: December 09, 2019, 07:15:44 PM »
I have a feeling he will make a miraculous recovery and play against us.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #689 on: December 09, 2019, 08:27:20 PM »
I have a feeling he will make a miraculous recovery and play against us.

And Theo will be ejected with that news.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #690 on: December 09, 2019, 08:51:00 PM »

Who decides "able to play"

Bohannon for Iowa is "able to play" right now but has til Thursday to decide to shut it down and get a red shirt for next year.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #691 on: December 09, 2019, 09:29:52 PM »
Real tough blow for the Pirates. Mamu is their best non-Powell player IMHO.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #692 on: December 09, 2019, 09:34:27 PM »
Who decides "able to play"

Bohannon for Iowa is "able to play" right now but has til Thursday to decide to shut it down and get a red shirt for next year.

A doc would provide an opinion that the player was incapable of playing. Hogan mon doesn’t simply get to decide - he’d need medical staff to be if the opinion that he needs to shut it down because playing now is causing new issues. It’s a bit of a unique case.

(And, it wouldn’t be a redshirt. A redshirt is a description of someone who doesn’t play a second).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #693 on: December 09, 2019, 09:47:25 PM »
A doc would provide an opinion that the player was incapable of playing. Hogan mon doesn’t simply get to decide - he’d need medical staff to be if the opinion that he needs to shut it down because playing now is causing new issues. It’s a bit of a unique case.

(And, it wouldn’t be a redshirt. A redshirt is a description of someone who doesn’t play a second).

Don’t worry. A simple Google search will provide a player with results of doctors all over the place who will lie to provide a scholar athlete an extra year of eligibility. Cheeks promised many links to prove it, so it must be true.

Say you’re injured. Find a doctor to confirm the lie. Simple.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #694 on: December 09, 2019, 10:00:56 PM »
Real tough blow for the Pirates. Mamu is their best non-Powell player IMHO.
I agree with this analysis.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #695 on: December 09, 2019, 10:38:05 PM »
Don’t worry. A simple Google search will provide a player with results of doctors all over the place who will lie to provide a scholar athlete an extra year of eligibility. Cheeks promised many links to prove it, so it must be true.

I provided a number showing doctor shopping.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #696 on: December 09, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »

He wouldn't lie, would he?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #697 on: December 09, 2019, 10:44:48 PM »
He wouldn't lie, would he?

“Every main contributor to Dayton committed before Grant was the head coach“.....according to Wades....was he lying or just wrong?  I’ll go with the latter.  Now, in your case you were flat out lying about the investing thread....but that’s who you are.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #698 on: December 10, 2019, 07:11:22 AM »
OK, Hoopaloop
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #699 on: December 10, 2019, 07:47:14 AM »
Caution thread ruiner sighted!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

feedback