[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CA Bans Fur  (Read 18194 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
CA Bans Fur
« on: October 14, 2019, 07:42:06 AM »
Shockin' old knews. Pretty sure dats bin da lady's fashion trend four years now, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: CA Bans Fur
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 08:39:43 AM »
I'll have to get more city states under my influence and reverse this decision

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »
  Next up? Coach, Gucci and Birkenstock’s...say it ain’t so! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 06:47:02 AM »
Don't they have better things to do with their legislative time than this?

Good grief. The things people obsess over.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »
We should be able to kill animals to indulge our vanity.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 10:07:59 AM »
Don't they have better things to do with their legislative time than this?

Good grief. The things people obsess over.

Seems like it was a pretty simple vote. Took next to no time and was popular in their state. Honestly, seems like the people obsessing over it are people from outside the state that it doesn't even affect.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »
We should be able to kill animals to indulge our vanity.

And eat them too.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 10:59:54 AM »
Seems like it was a pretty simple vote. Took next to no time and was popular in their state. Honestly, seems like the people obsessing over it are people from outside the state that it doesn't even affect.

Because really stupid ideas here become really stupid ideas elsewhere, which is why so many people are leaving this hell hole they have created.

If Jockey only knew how many products he and his family use daily involving dead animals.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 11:26:00 AM »
And eat them too.

I know you are being snarky ( I do it enough to be able to recognize it), but eating is about life. The world’s agriculture could not support vegan-ism if everyone ate no meat.

I have no problem with hunters who eat their prey. People who kill elephants for the tusk while letting the rest of these majestic animals rot can burn in h@ll.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 12:34:03 PM »
There are many that would disagree with you on eating animals.

So who the heck Is right???

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 12:43:31 PM »
I remember making the mistake of wearing a leather bomber jacket to a protest a few decades ago.  A flower child forgot about our common purpose in order to accost me about meat being murder. Me laughing at her did not improve her opinion of me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 12:47:50 PM »
I know you are being snarky ( I do it enough to be able to recognize it), but eating is about life. The world’s agriculture could not support vegan-ism if everyone ate no meat.

I have no problem with hunters who eat their prey. People who kill elephants for the tusk while letting the rest of these majestic animals rot can burn in h@ll.

With you. Eating meat is for sustenance and survival.  Wearing fur (almost always animals that not consumed) serves no reasonable or legitimate purpose other than vanity.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 12:57:07 PM »
With you. Eating meat is for sustenance and survival.  Wearing fur (almost always animals that not consumed) serves no reasonable or legitimate purpose other than vanity.

Fellas, that’s just your opinion.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »
Fellas, that’s just your opinion.

So, what legitimate purpose is there for wearing fir? If you’re going say something is just an opinion but you should provide a factual rebuttal to back up your opinion.

I also find it amusing that the people (particularly online) most upset over this couldn’t afford a fir coat anyway. It like the people who openly boycott Chik-Fil-A but don’t live anywhere near one.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 01:24:24 PM by Billy Hoyle »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 01:34:14 PM »
So, what legitimate purpose is there for wearing fir?

To let people know you can afford to wear fur.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2019, 01:39:33 PM »
So, what legitimate purpose is there for wearing fir? If you’re going say something is just an opinion but you should provide a factual rebuttal to back up your opinion.

I also find it amusing that the people (particularly online) most upset over this couldn’t afford a fir coat anyway. It like the people who openly boycott Chik-Fil-A but don’t live anywhere near one.

Why just fur?  How about leather?  My point is that it is just an opinion. Just like mine.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2019, 01:49:51 PM »

Who would want a coat made put of pine needles?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2019, 02:38:17 PM »
Who would want a coat made put of pine needles?

The Stanford mascot?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »
Why just fur?  How about leather?  My point is that it is just an opinion. Just like mine.

What becomes leather is coming from an animal that is also being killed for food (necessary fir sustenance). It’s using the entire animal. Mink, foxes, chinchillas, nutria, they are killed only for their pelts and nothing more.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2019, 05:41:03 PM »

Never owned one, but I'm told they keep folks warm in extreme cold.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 06:59:19 PM »
I would be much happier if they would ban needles, pissing and crapping on the sidewalks, and a whole host of other things....but these guys working hard to turn the state around banning straws and fur... progress...
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 07:48:50 PM »
There are many that would disagree with you on eating animals.

So who the heck Is right???

Both.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2019, 07:51:11 PM »
Never owned one, but I'm told they keep folks warm in extreme cold.

Warm weather elitist.  8-)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2019, 08:15:24 PM »
If the states duly elected representatives put this law in place far be it from me to criticize. Now, I wouldn't support it in my state, not because I want to wear I fur(I don't), but because I generally try to avoid laws that tell other people how to live their life when it has no bearing on how I live mine
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2019, 08:33:07 PM »

it doesn't affect?  i hope not.  unfortunately, some things originated in california and continued forward even as they had already failed

just saw chicos comment-brilliant minds...
don't...don't don't don't don't