[Today at 04:11:58 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CA Bans Fur  (Read 18228 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: CA Bans Fur
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2019, 08:34:28 PM »
How would a ban on fur “fail?”

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2019, 08:36:16 PM »
What becomes leather is coming from an animal that is also being killed for food (necessary fir sustenance). It’s using the entire animal. Mink, foxes, chinchillas, nutria, they are killed only for their pelts and nothing more.

dust to dust...fertilizer
don't...don't don't don't don't

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2019, 09:59:31 PM »
What becomes leather is coming from an animal that is also being killed for food (necessary fir sustenance). It’s using the entire animal. Mink, foxes, chinchillas, nutria, they are killed only for their pelts and nothing more.

Some of my best friends are mink farmers, trust me they also use the whole animal. Mink carcasses are rendered and used in various different things including pet food. So if you have a cat or dog, you've probably been feeding them rendered byproducts from an animal that was harvested for its fur.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2019, 10:27:18 PM »
Some of my best friends are mink farmers, trust me they also use the whole animal. Mink carcasses are rendered and used in various different things including pet food. So if you have a cat or dog, you've probably been feeding them rendered byproducts from an animal that was harvested for its fur.
This is a discussion about California laws; please keep facts and common sense out of it.   

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2019, 06:09:28 AM »

Does this change opinions?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 07:16:21 AM »
Next, they should ban green dresses.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 10:53:19 AM »

Didn't know that, interesting.

Generally speaking, I'd err on the side of letting people be free as opposed to restricting freedoms but to each their own as their representatives select. I will also say the intellectual inconsistency on both sides of the aisle when it comes to allowing or restricting freedoms continues to astound me.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 11:36:04 AM »
Next, they should ban green dresses.
But not a real green dress, that's cruel....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 11:56:38 AM »
But not a real green dress, that's cruel....

Which is precisely why they should be banned.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2019, 12:46:54 PM »

i worked on a mink ranch on weekends thru high school.  a lot of hard work, but so much more interesting and different than any other job i had.  i can attest to what turtle had to say.  fur is a renewable resource that it just so happens that some place a value on it

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 01:14:54 PM »
i worked on a mink ranch on weekends thru high school.  a lot of hard work, but so much more interesting and different than any other job i had.  i can attest to what turtle had to say. fur is a renewable resource that it just so happens that some place a value on it

To be honest, I never really thought of it in those terms.  Makes sense though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 03:08:44 PM »
Does this change opinions?

No. Clothing made of fur is still unnecessary and the result of cruelty to animals.

Besides, my cat's food is imported from Italy. No mink parts in there.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 03:15:10 PM »
No. Clothing made of fur is still unnecessary and the result of cruelty to animals.

Are mink farms any more cruel than a typical chicken farm?  Dairy farm?  As long as they are run ethically, I don't see a problem.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2019, 03:42:54 PM »

Unnecessary to whom? You? By all means don't buy fur, but why should a fur coat be any different than any other farmed resource? Why should your lifestyle choices or preferences be forced on anyone else?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2019, 03:52:07 PM »
Unnecessary to whom? You? By all means don't buy fur, but why should a fur coat be any different than any other farmed resource? Why should your lifestyle choices or preferences be forced on anyone else?

Not specific to mink/fur, but don't we do this all the time?
We kill about 35 million cows a year for food, but horse slaughter is outlawed. Because horses are better looking.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2019, 04:24:57 PM »
Not specific to mink/fur, but don't we do this all the time?
We kill about 35 million cows a year for food, but horse slaughter is outlawed. Because horses are better looking.

Don't disagree. I'm all for slaughtering horses too if there's a use to it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2019, 05:10:04 PM »

Proven dead wrong on your assertions but digging in anyway. America, 2019.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2019, 07:21:12 PM »
Brazil also bans fur, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2019, 07:24:59 PM »

might it be cruel to wear live mink all over town, eyn'a?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2019, 07:34:28 PM »

Italian cuisine....nice

:)
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2019, 07:40:42 PM »

That's quite the carbon footprint for cat food.  No mice where you live bruh?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2019, 07:53:01 PM »

mice probably give the little feller gas

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »

While some are rendered for meat meal, many are simply incinerated and disposed of. And unless you are buying the cheapest crappiest dog food possible then mink and other fur byproducts are not in your dog food.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2019, 08:00:51 PM »
Brazil also bans fur, aina?

Didn't you already try that exact same joke in this same thread?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2019, 08:11:29 PM »

She's purely an indoor cat.  My local pet store carries the Italian stuff and she loved it when we got a sample so we made the switch.  We used to get a brand out of Mequon but she tired of it and wasn't eating it. High maintenance cat!
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

feedback