Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

What does MU need to accomplish this year for you to get/stay on the WojoWagon?

Nothing. My support for Wojo is unshakable.
9 (3.8%)
Any post-season.
7 (3%)
The Dance
68 (28.9%)
A NCAA Win
93 (39.6%)
2nd Weekend
48 (20.4%)
Only a banner redeems Wojo.
2 (0.9%)
Nothing. Every moment he's at the helm is like being stabbed in the heart with 1000 fiery knives.
8 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 235

Author Topic: Wojo's Threshold  (Read 39450 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Wojo's Threshold
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2019, 02:50:06 PM »
I think the offense will struggle early as everyone adjusts to a new system with real competition but I'm generally optimistic about the approach for long term results this season. Additionally the defense with be further improved which will keep them in games that the offense doesn't. I think Wojo is improving as a coach, he's not yet where he needs to be but one thing I've noticed over the last 5 years is he doesn't make the same mistake twice and he adapts. He doesn't have all the answers and he was sheltered by the Duke bubble/Coach K for a long time so he has to learn some things the hard way but I do see him learning. We'll see how this year turns out as it is the pivotal year for him IMO and I'm expecting a top 2 Big East finish and at least one NCAA tournament win.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »
I think Wojo had to learn how to coach players who were not McDonald All-Americans.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2019, 08:56:04 AM »
IMO, I am much more interested in seeing how this recruiting class unfolds than any on court success for this season. If Wojo can show he can put together a big time recruiting class, it trumps everything else to me.
At this time I am cautiously optimistic and watching closely. If it ends up being a decent class, I would not be too optimistic moving forward. Have mentioned numerous times I like Wojo chasing big time guys and hope he delivers the goods. If does not happen this year, it might never happen for him.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »
IMO, I am much more interested in seeing how this recruiting class unfolds than any on court success for this season. If Wojo can show he can put together a big time recruiting class, it trumps everything else to me.
At this time I am cautiously optimistic and watching closely. If it ends up being a decent class, I would not be too optimistic moving forward. Have mentioned numerous times I like Wojo chasing big time guys and hope he delivers the goods. If does not happen this year, it might never happen for him.

Typo?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2019, 09:17:29 AM »
Dr. B

Meant to say only a decent, not great class.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2019, 09:27:23 AM »
Dr. B

Meant to say only a decent, not great class.

So if he adds Garcia and Davis, is the class decent or great in your definition?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2019, 09:28:03 AM »
Dr. B

That would be big time class.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2019, 09:43:18 AM »
Dr. B

That would be big time class.

Thanks. Everyone’s definition is different. Plenty of playing time to sell. November is a big month for MUBB on and off the court. I too think that would be a monster class.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2019, 10:15:34 AM »
Totally agree w/Goose. If we get Davis, et al I'll likely forgive any on-court sins this season
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 12:14:59 PM by Boone »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2019, 03:54:13 PM »

Totally agree w/Goose. If we get Davis, et al I'll likely forgive any on-court sins this season

RJ Davis has the type of talent that can totally alter the trajectory of Wojo's coaching career at MU. Lets keep thinking good thoughts.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2019, 03:23:58 AM »
That’s what the most hopeful of Wojo supporters have been saying regarding this class since before last season ended.  The 2020 recruiting class is the defining moment in the Wojo regime.   It was and is worth waiting into the sixth year to see it.  Firing him after last year, even after Hauser gate, was not seeing the forest through the trees. 

Glad to see people coming around on the thought process.  Of course, success on the court this year in combination with a great class helps immensely.  Opens up the floodgates to future success.  Rooting hard for both.

ducs

• Walk-On
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2019, 06:51:19 AM »
I wish I was as optimistic as you.  I believe this team to be more in the 20-25 region and I don't expect us to even sniff at the top 10.  An NCAA win is the minimum for me.  If we make the tourney and win a game there, that will be proof to me that Wojo has evolved as a coach to a significant degree.  It seems to me the Big East will be better than last season and that we have a bit less talent than last season.  I do hope the rookies and red shirts can take up the slack and prove me wrong.
Go Warriors!

This is how I feel

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2019, 06:48:48 PM »
Agree with Goose and Boone. If Wojo lands Davis and Garcia I'd consider this a "home run" class. I would want Wojo around at least through 21-22 to see how he develops it. If he misses on both, though, this season (for me, anyway) becomes do or die.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2019, 07:02:51 PM »
Agree with Goose and Boone. If Wojo lands Davis and Garcia I'd consider this a "home run" class. I would want Wojo around at least through 21-22 to see how he develops it. If he misses on both, though, this season (for me, anyway) becomes do or die.

What's the ruling if no Dawson but yes RJ ?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2019, 07:24:11 PM »
What's the ruling if no Dawson but yes RJ ?

For me that gives Wojo both this year and next to prove his case but not automatically year 3.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »
It’s all about on court performance. Recruiting can be interesting and even fun, but results are results regardless of recruiting rankings. (Good, bad, or average)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2019, 07:58:13 PM »
It’s all about on court performance. Recruiting can be interesting and even fun, but results are results regardless of recruiting rankings. (Good, bad, or average)

Ultimately, yes. But a top 10 (maybe a top 5) recruiting class is a coup that (rightly, IMO) buys a coach more time.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2019, 08:44:17 PM »
For me that gives Wojo both this year and next to prove his case but not automatically year 3.

You going to cancel those huge donations and season tickets if it doesn't work out?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2019, 09:33:10 PM »
Ultimately, yes. But a top 10 (maybe a top 5) recruiting class is a coup that (rightly, IMO) buys a coach more time.

A completely fair statement, but I don't think we should count our chickens before Wojo wins with these guys.  He got the first McDonald's All American in 30 years and couldn't even make the NIT.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
You going to cancel those huge donations and season tickets if it doesn't work out?

My huge donations go to the charities - use your insider contacts at the IRS to find out which ones/how huge. Dropped my season tickets when I moved to Naples.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2019, 09:56:22 PM »
My huge donations go to the charities - use your insider contacts at the IRS to find out which ones/how huge. Dropped my season tickets when I moved to Naples.

Italy or Florida?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2019, 10:00:13 PM »
Italy or Florida?

We do have a poster who moved to Italy but it's not me.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2019, 06:54:24 AM »
Shoothoops

It all comes down to long term goals for program. For me, this season is far more about the recruiting than on court success. Of course I want to have both, but looking long term here. If he lands a top five recruiting class than the cupboard is not bare and success will happen on the court.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2019, 09:21:04 AM »

No contacts at IRS, I simply pay what Sammy tells me to, but speaking of IRS and how much it costs in FL vs IL, I get the move.  Bonita Springs, down there from time to time....know several MU fans down there that get to 5 or more games a year...need to step up your game.   :D
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2019, 09:13:11 AM »
Shoothoops

It all comes down to long term goals for program. For me, this season is far more about the recruiting than on court success. Of course I want to have both, but looking long term here. If he lands a top five recruiting class than the cupboard is not bare and success will happen on the court.

Brother Goose:

For me, it is put-up or shut-up time. We have a candidate for National POY this year. We have depth we have not had in a long time and we have a power game inside. Hausershima notwithstanding, this is the year that Wojo has everything and it's time to see what he is made of.

The recruiting is a major part of the package and if we fail, there will be problems ahead. But at this point, Coach Wojo has to take what he has and meld them into a second week of the tournament team. Anything less and one must candidly wonder about the direction of the program.